Password   forgot password?
 1 2 > 
1 of 2
How come shipping costs so high?
Posted: 07 March 2008 09:57 AM  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1255
Joined  2001-02-16

I was gonna order the “from the stars” trade paperback but the shipping is twice the cost of the book!

is it possible to get it shipped in a lesser fashion? fewer diamonds encrusting its ivory fed-ex box? I can wait for a few weeks if it will save me that much money.

Signature 

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and asked for forgiveness. -Emo Philips, comedian (1956- )

Posted: 07 March 2008 12:44 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2008-02-19

Yeah how come?! I experienced a similar thing but from another company and different products.. I think maybe thats a flat rate charge..

Signature 

Do or Do Not, There is no Try… - Little Green Guy with Pointy Ears

Posted: 10 March 2008 07:08 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  2099
Joined  2003-06-18

I just ordered 80$ worth of stuff, and have paid the same amount on shipping.

While I don’t mean to complain (I’ll pay a fortune for Robotech stuff - and trust me; the weak Rand against the Dollar means my 160$ spent cost me almost a months salary) I was wondering if there is not a feature that allows you to choose different shipping methods. I would prefer to wait longer for my package to arrive and save a bit more money… for things like more robotech stuff and food.  smile

ps. 160$ = R1424 ... I think I should get 1424 points for my purchase ^_^

Signature 

The Original, Rick Hunter.

Posted: 10 March 2008 08:56 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Lt Commander
Total Posts:  9018
Joined  2002-04-11

aye…  the massive cost of shipping.

There is a massive levy on shipping due to pirates, both water, air and space…  Well, actually its most likely because the shipping companies can rake in money due to the fact that their services are a necessity and not an option.

It would be nicer to have the option of shipping.  I don’t mind say 6-8 weeks for my stuff.  Generally, next day delivery usually means 6-8 weeks anyways, lol

Signature 

Sie können mein Haar bürsten, ausziehen mich überall!

Posted: 10 March 2008 09:16 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  2007-08-09

You know what’s funny about that…. My buddy sells all kinds of stuff on an auction site and uses both USPS and UPS…. his typical shipping cost for DVDs is like $9 using a USPS Flat Rate shipping box (2-3 day Priority).... and the flat rate box is covered up to like 70 lbs!!

He shipped almost 30 lbs (Yes 30 lbs!) of Diecast cars (In the US) for $26 using UPS (roughly 2-3 days).... SO it is possible for them to ship cheaper…. Within the US anyway…  :judge:

Signature 

A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? -Albert Einstein

Find Me on Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/markwarlock

Posted: 11 March 2008 02:46 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  2099
Joined  2003-06-18

Yeah, but mail in the US is really cheap and a lot quicker than most other places in the world.

African time sucks!

Signature 

The Original, Rick Hunter.

Posted: 11 March 2008 03:09 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1830
Joined  2004-07-14

That FedEx shipping is the reason I ordered the new RPG directly from Palladium instead of from here.  The price of the book itself is great, but tacking on a shipping cost that is almost as much as or more than the item you are buying is crazy. :judge:

Signature 

Official MECHAnized Enforcment Unit of the Dark Fin and Wielder of the Grouper of Death(tm) and the Obsidian Tuna of Maiming.
Member of the R.M.C. Juni’s original whipping boy.

Posted: 23 March 2008 09:42 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-16

but there are enough of them to cause some competitive prices.

P.S.- I have no beef with you guys changing the subject heading on me, but for crying out loud can we get some decent grammar here? Its missing an article AND a verb! Don’t slack out on me now guys! smile

Signature 

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and asked for forgiveness. -Emo Philips, comedian (1956- )

Posted: 11 April 2008 03:04 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2003-04-09

Tommunist or anyone
What was the shipping amount quoted for the book?

Signature 

N/A

Posted: 13 April 2008 06:39 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2004-06-09

Have you seen the price of fuel?......duh

Signature 

“Guns don’t kill, husbands that come home early do”= Larry The Cable Guy

Posted: 17 April 2008 10:43 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1521
Joined  2001-02-18

the book was in the area of $16 and the shipping was about $10 (can’t remember exact numbers).  The shipping would have been cheaper elsewhere, or I could even have just gone to one of the brick and mortars in the area, but I just ate the shipping this time to help out the site a little, but options on the shipping would be cool.

Signature 

I knew Colonel Andrews would be upset by the shutdown, but overthrowing the government?  Come on that’s a little extreme.

WWKD?

Posted: 18 April 2008 08:08 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-16

Twice the cost of the book. They took the actual numbers out of my subject heading so I don’t want to cheese anyone off by re-typing them.

P.S. I have since managed to have a brand new copy ordered for me by my local comic book retailer. No harm no foul there because everyone gets their cut, but it only cost me 10 dollars there.

Signature 

Posted: 25 April 2008 03:01 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2003-04-09

My business is all about shipping so
US postal media mail is the cheapest way to ship but that is unreliable since the package can be opened, lost or damaged by the post office.

$10. is about correct if sending regular US postal
you gotta figure about $4. of that is handling and $2 for the wrapping and $4 for postage
but
$30 is crazy - I have no explanation for that

Signature 

N/A

Posted: 19 May 2008 05:33 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2001-02-16

Two novels sent to australia
Masters saga   = $7.99
New Generation = $7.99
Subtotal     = $15.98
Tax         = $0.00
Shipping     = $33.92
Toal       = $49.90
Delivered in 7 days = Priceless

Signature 

SHIP OF DREAMS! The second Robotech War ended without victors. The Masters had been defeated, but the Army of the Southern Cross had suffered devastating losses, with Earth’s cities reduced to rubble.

Posted: 08 June 2008 03:47 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1443
Joined  2001-01-30

Delivering packages uses cars, ships, planes, and trains, and they all use gasoline. So gas prices go up everything else goes up.  :101:

Signature 

GOD SAVE AMERICA!

Posted: 18 June 2008 03:19 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-16

$10. is about correct if sending regular US postal

I paid 10 dollars total: that’s cost of the book and the shipping TOGETHER came to 10 dollars.

Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2
‹‹ Message Alert?      Cart ››