Password   forgot password?
 1 2 > 
1 of 2
Mospeada fan here!!!
Posted: 15 July 2001 01:19 AM  
Corporal
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2001-06-27

Hi!!!! I’ll always be a Mospeada fan til the end!!!  I loved the story line!!!
Yellow is the best!!!! I guess I was never very much into the mecha (sorry-I’m a chick) but the
characters were unforgetable!!!! smile

Almost everybody I know is a Macross fan- that bugs me!! Macross was an awesome story but so
was Mospeada and Southern Cross!!!

Posted: 15 July 2001 06:57 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2001-02-17

Mospeada was great, I liked all of it from the characters to the animated grass (well almost).

Macross slightly better (because it is first I guess?), but Mospeada deserves as much recognition as Macross and Southern Cross!

Signature 

The God Emperor

500 Trillion screaming fanatics can’t be wrong.

Posted: 15 July 2001 09:25 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2001-02-16

The original Mospeada, I know some episodes were released a while back, but I don’t think the series was finished.

I think part of the reason that Macross is the more popular of the Robotech series is because it escaped with the majority of the original storyline intact, if Mospeada had faired as well I’m sure it would have been more popular with Robotech fans than it currently is.

Signature 

“How about some hot stuff, big guy?”

Posted: 15 July 2001 01:49 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2001-06-27

Know what?  I think you guys are right!!!! Makes sense to me!! smile

Posted: 15 July 2001 05:23 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  2582
Joined  2001-01-30

Those wacky Japanese released the Region 2 version of Mospeada recently.

Volumes 1-3 have 4 episodes each, while Volumes 4-5 have 5 episodes each and Volume 6 has 3 episodes and the Love, Live, Alive OAV. All discs are 4,700 yen each.

Of course no English subs, but it’s beautiful.

Cyclone

Signature 

The frisky non-living Marlene with questionable choices in employment and underwear.

RT.com Forum and Fan-Art/Fan-Fic Mod. Email me if you see any problems or have any questions.

Posted: 15 July 2001 11:52 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  314
Joined  2001-01-30

Thankfully, I’m fluent in Japanese. =)

Yellow, I saw Macross first in it’s original form before Robotech was released.  Robotech did introduce me to GC Mospeada and I did seek out teh orginals.  As much as I like Mospeada and Southern Cross Macross will always be my #1.  Not just because I saw it first but I guess it was my first real unedited anime and it influenced my artwork in many ways.  I had seen otehr anime before that like Starblazers ( Space Battleship Yamamoto) and such but Macross is the one that influenced my life most.

Signature 

Senator and Keeper of the Lovely Azonia Icon.  Proving once and for all there is life beyond the other Violent Woman Miriya.

Robotech Feedback Forum is for Naggers only.

Posted: 16 July 2001 01:43 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2001-02-17

Macross really kicked butt with its animation especially in the Macross Movie Do You Remember Love

This is again true in Macross 2.

Umm I’ve only seen Mospeada in the Robotech format but still loved it. I’d like to get original Mospeada vid and discs but I don’t usually buy on-line (its a phobia),  buyonlineobia?

Signature 

The God Emperor

500 Trillion screaming fanatics can’t be wrong.

Posted: 16 July 2001 09:44 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2001-02-17

I love mospeada…ever since I the day The New Gneeration started in 1985 I fell into the spell of Mospeada.

Posted: 16 July 2001 04:42 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  1953
Joined  2001-02-16

It’s Yamato, not Yamamoto. It’s an understandable mistake, though since there is an OVA called Space Battlship Yamamoto Yoko.

Signature 

Banned For Trolling

Posted: 16 July 2001 06:46 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2001-07-15

In japan Southren Cross and Mouspeada didn’t fare the well, speacially sothren cross.

Signature 

“I am the undefeated champion of this school’s kendo club.  I am the rising star of the high school fencing world.  The sound of my name strikes fear into the hearts of my enemies.  The Blue Thunder of Furikan High school; Tatewaki Kuno, age 17.”

Posted: 16 July 2001 11:14 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Commander
Joined  2001-01-30

Actually Mospeada did quite well, mostly crippled by a timeslot where most people weren’t awake for.

But the fans it did collect were very hard-core and started a letter campaign to get a sequel/second season up. They got the Love, Live, Alive OAV instead.

Commerically it didn’t do too good, because the licenees like Imai and Gakken gambled on Mospeada being the next Macross, but the number of people viewing wasn’t enough, weaking both companies as they continued to make more gambles like that…

But Mospeada’s small success is even worse for Southern Cross. At least Mospeada had the excuse of a poor timeslot, Southern Cross had the same slot as Macross and bombed on it’s own merits.

Cyclone

Signature 

The frisky non-living Marlene with questionable choices in employment and underwear.

RT.com Forum and Fan-Art/Fan-Fic Mod. Email me if you see any problems or have any questions.

Posted: 17 July 2001 09:30 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2001-02-17

Southern Cross is really cool. There is some serious inconsistant animation between episodes though. Episode #5(robotech) has great animation then #6 has poopmation. Oh well..

Posted: 17 July 2001 09:49 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2001-02-15

I have the entire series of Southern Cross and I believe I can get Mospeada.  If I were to let you ‘borrow’ the tapes, could you let us know the major differences?  You are one of the few people fluent in Japanese on this site.  Just let me know when you can.  Thanks!

Signature 

“Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.”“Wot?” - Captain Sensible

Posted: 18 July 2001 11:43 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2001-03-15

Mospeada is one of the few straight mecha series that I actually like, and yes, Yellow is a part of the reason why.  I’ve got the VCD’s, and am debating about the DVD’s… but was there ever a non-Robotech English-language dub or sub of Mospeada that might someday find its way to market in some corner of the English speaking world?  I’m slowly picking up Japanese, and am understanding more and more of my Mospeada discs, but it’s going to be quite a while before I’m really fluent….

Signature 

“Geeks.  I swear, if it doesn’t have numbers or electrons on it, they can’t figure it out.”

Posted: 19 July 2001 12:07 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1980
Joined  2001-01-30

There was the Robotech Perfect Collection: Mospeada VHS tapes by Streamline Pictures, but they didn’t finish the series. I have most of them. I’m not exactly sure how many they put out though. There’s two episodes of the subtitled Mospeada and two episodes of Robotech on each tape. As for a dub, there’s the dub of the first episode of Mospeada done by Harmony Gold which should be on one of the New Generation DVD extra discs when they come out.

Signature 

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Posted: 19 July 2001 12:15 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Commander
Joined  2001-01-30

Like with Macross, Harmony Gold were originally intending to release it on it’s own in English. Unfortunately the project wasn’t as far along as Macross and just the first episode was dubbed, and that was never released to market. Fans trade tapes of it from time to time, but the quality of the original copy was poor to begin with, so it’s not too good.

Beyond that it’s the 7 tapes of the Robotech Perfect Collection from Streamline Pictures. Each tape has 2 episodes of Robotech with 2 episodes of their Japanese counterpart subbed. But the series has been out of print for years and is hard to find, not to mention that half the series remains unreleased.

Hopes are that with the success of Animegio’s release of Macross that they’ll consider Mospeada, so we may see a good, complete English sub of Mospeada sometime soon. Not to mention that bootleg English subbed Mospeada DVDs look like a sure bet too with the last hurdle, a DVD version to ‘borrow’, having been covered.

Cyclone

Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2
‹‹ ANYBODY GOT ANY INFO...      Macross 7 ››