Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 29
Macross vs SC and NG?  The Mecha Size Comparisons Are Quite Different…
Posted: 08 May 2006 06:14 PM  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2001-02-16

From the mecha size comparisons on this site I really cannot fanthom seeing the Invid battling the Zentraedi or the old veritechs fighting the Bioroids.  Their sizes are vastly different.  The Macross mecha is quite a bit bigger than he mecha from the two other sagas.

Signature 

“There are no more Autobots and I am going to blow these creepy creatures clear out of you!!!” - Galvatron

Posted: 08 May 2006 10:29 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  440
Joined  2001-02-22

the VF-1 was build according to the Zentraedi median size. The zentraedi were a big target, and their pods really large targets. With most of the zents extint or allied with earth, the reason for the hand to hand size capability vanished.

Notice that the median Zentraedi size was about 9 meters, with the exceptional really big leaders, like Breetai and Dolza. Some people has this theory about commanders being so big so they could not fit into regular combat gear, so they would not expose themselves on mighty macho USS Enterprise Captain Kirk fashion. Well their size also would give them more respect out of their soldiers, even if they have to beat it out of them.

The Biorroids were roughly 7 meters tall , smaller than average zentran, strong and verry nimble. They would have been a hard target for the VF-1, but the VF-1 a easy target because it’s size and lighter armor. Of course this evaluates big robot to big robot confrontation, the fighter mode against the Biorroid skyleds would almost be the other way around.

Notice that the spartas hovertank was 6.2 meters tall, but the AGACs was almost 9 meters tall (the anntena at thep top should be discount as well as the VF-1 head lasers for max high). The ground mecha got little high, so it could be a harder target for the enemy. Today the more or less the same tendency is followed in modern tank design, making tanks shorter to increase their survavility.

The Alpha is listed as having 8.75 meters on all models, including the antenna-less Shadow Fighters, so I think this veritech height in particular is from the bottom up to the head. The others mechas, don’t seem to follow this height calculation style. Or could be an error on Robotech.com’s part..

The standar troopers of the Invid War Machine, are small even to the Alpha, and their fighting style is more like a group hunting party of wolfs against a really big rumiant. OR going with the insect like analogy which is tipical of the invid, a swarm of killer bees.

So I see the Master’s mentality as overpowering the Invid with zillions of really big Zentraedi, that could fight them in equal terms bare naked if needed. The invid had the nimbleness, small target size and disregard over their own lives as advantage. But with zillions of Zentraedi they could hardly win. Without protoculture to sustain the Zentraedi War Machine. The Invid had little to fear in great numbers.

ALso notice the incresing weights of Earths mecha, the VF-1 was less than 13 tonnes empty, while the following generations comparable were more aprox. 17 tonnes. THe hovertank was 26.4 tonnes heavy!!. So Armor and other stuff would give a better edge on the battlefield than sheer size. That’s a lot more material per cubic meter.

So that’s some food for tought.

Signature 

Si vis pacem para bellum.

Posted: 15 January 2022 05:18 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  2365
Joined  2021-03-12

It all is impressive to read the paper these types of interesting together with different article content for your web-sites. autoresponder for missed calls

Posted: 20 January 2022 02:35 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Joined  2021-03-12

Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. myco nuker is it safe

Posted: 22 January 2022 11:32 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Private
Joined  2021-03-12

I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. aruhan piala dunia 2022

Posted: 22 January 2022 11:35 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Joined  2021-03-12

Get True Reviews for the Online Products by Inidan review website, Check Revexpo for more info, It is one of the True best reviews website in India provides genuine reviews from online buyers their experience. website

Posted: 26 January 2022 08:01 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2022-01-11
ric17 - 08 May 2006 06:14 PM

From the mecha size comparisons on this site I really cannot fanthom seeing the Invid battling the Zentraedi or the old veritechs fighting the Bioroids.  Their sizes are vastly different.  The Macross mecha is quite a bit bigger than he mecha from the two other sagas.

Better believe it, Gundam appears to have bigger mechs in general. The Macross mechs have expanded in size also throughout the long term, yet not quite as much as some Gundam. This pack close to my HG Kshatriya is totally absurdly little! Likewise, I have a Yamato VF-1S on a 1/48 scale. It’s with regards to a similar size as my PG Strike. The 1/48 RX-78-2 dwarves it.

Signature 

coding.fm

Posted: 05 February 2022 05:51 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Joined  2021-03-12

I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. 먹튀검증사이트

Posted: 06 February 2022 10:20 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  2732
Joined  2022-02-03

kanadské vízum online Hello. Very nice web site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds also…I am satisfied to locate so much useful information here in the post. Thanks for sharing.

Posted: 06 February 2022 11:48 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Private
Joined  2022-02-03

Check out the safe Toto site in the Safe Playground Eat-Kill. Many scam sites are created every day and scam sites are discovered.However, it is almost impossible for members to avoid eating and drinking sites through their own eat-and-run verification. 안전놀이터

Posted: 08 February 2022 03:20 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Joined  2022-02-03

Eat-and-go verification Watt introduces a safe Toto site. We provide information on the Eat-and-Go Toto site and new Toto site through eat-and-run verification. 먹튀검증

Posted: 09 February 2022 04:17 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Private
Joined  2022-02-03

There are several methods of eating and drinking. However, it cannot be said that all the verification methods performed by the eat-and-run risk are correct. This is because there are many eat-and-run verification sites, and there are many eat-and-run verification sites that introduce safe Toto sites through many eat-and-run verifications. 먹튀

Posted: 12 February 2022 06:13 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Private
Joined  2022-02-03

Junkyard buffalo ny Are you looking to sell your junk car for cash in Buffalo, NY-Buffalo Junkyard provides the best cash offer with free towing service in Buffalo and ... https://bobscashforjunkcarsbuffalony.com

Posted: 13 February 2022 11:31 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Private
Joined  2021-03-12

Recommendation of major sites - strongtoto. Toto Site Major Site Major Playground When you need a safe playground, go with Kang Seungbu. Major Site · Major Playground .. 메이저 안전놀이터 추천

Posted: 14 February 2022 01:58 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Private
Joined  2022-02-03

Best Safety GgongMoney Site Recommended money site, money can be exchanged ㅣ Contap Kongmoney site Kongtap currency exchange site 꽁머니

Posted: 14 February 2022 08:03 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Private
Joined  2022-02-03

Safest the world toasts are made to captivate and also faithfulness to your wedding couple. Beginner sound system watching high decibel locations would be wise to always remember some sort of vital secret created by presentation, which is your auto. best man speeches funny Turkey Tourist Visa

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 29