Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
The Fortress
Posted: 26 February 2006 04:25 AM  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2002-06-25

When I first saw this episode I immediately was reminded of the destruction of the Death Star in Return of the Jedi.  Scott/Lando destroys a crucial central power source and the entire place explodes from the inside out.  Scott’s Alpha/The Milleniuim Falcon then has to manuever all over the place in order to escape the closing explosion.  Scott/Lando emerge in the nick of time from the exploding structure.  Add a few bear creatures and a lightsaber duel and George Lucas would be suing.

Signature 

Wow… this signature is from 13 years ago…

D.O.L. till the end! “Something stinks in here, and it’s NOT in the ventillation system!”

Posted: 26 February 2006 08:19 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  19930
Joined  2004-01-13

It was so intence!  I like the part where Scott said he only had one salvo left and didn’t know if it was enough to get through the wall!

Then BOOM!  He’s through!

Then that good feeling of victory for our side and everything is clear and we think we might actually beable to win! ^_^

The Fortress is one of my favorite episodes of New Gen. :D

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!

That Guy…of the Dark Fin.

Official RT.Com BOBA FETT

AITTTC-MOTCZ!!

Posted: 26 February 2006 11:01 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1205
Joined  2001-02-15

The villagers in “Annie’s Wedding” are basically Ewok ripoffs without the fur.

Posted: 26 February 2006 12:07 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  3179
Joined  2004-07-31

There’s an episode in Southern Cross where the tanks need to race down the hull of the Robotech Masters ship only to end up at some tube that leads to the ship’s core.  Dana uses his targeting computer to figure out the perfect trajectory and boom!  Blows up the ship from within.  Does that sound like a Star Wars movie to anyone?

Two episodes later Dana and crew get trapped in the big ship’s garbage compactor.  The roof of the compactor starts coming down to crush them all.  “Wait, don’t fire your laser, the walls are laser proof!”  Tell me that doesn’t also remind you of Star Wars.  Dana fires her laser and it bounces all around the room.

Signature 

Want to know more about Robotech toys?  Visit:
http://www.anymoon.com/
If a particular toy isn’t up yet, check back weekly, it’s going to take a long time to get everything up.

Posted: 26 February 2006 01:38 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2004-01-13

After the open of A New Hope. ^_^

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!

Official RT.Com BOBA FETT

AITTTC-MOTCZ!!

Posted: 26 February 2006 01:47 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5655
Joined  2005-03-14

I think they bear a strinking resemblance to those “Walkers”(?).  You know the ones I mean? Those things that the ewoks destroy and Chewbacca commendeers one.

Ace, good observations.

Beef! if you want to talk “A New Hope”, how about Carpenter’s ship in “The Outsiders”. Theres a couple of shots of his Tokunagawa that are very much like that Star Destroyer in ANH.

What about the Southern Cross armor itself? Kind of “Storm Trooperish” wouldn’t you say?

Signature 

D.O.L. TIL THE DAY I DIE!!!!!“GO IF YOU WANT, I’M STAYING HERE UNTIL THIS BATTLE IS OVER!!!”

FOUNDER OF K.I.S.S.  and chief DOLEMITE!!!

Posted: 26 February 2006 09:29 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2005-10-13

The villagers in “Annie’s Wedding” are basically Ewok ripoffs without the fur.

Yuk, what the hell were people thinking about designing characters? Luckyly there is no Jar-Jar characters Robotech…maybe? D:

Signature 

Chief Medical Officer
U.E.S. Roy Fokker
Member of MF

Posted: 26 February 2006 09:34 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2004-04-09

the same as Krull.

Signature 

Founder of the “BRING BACK ZOR” league of 85er’s

Posted: 26 February 2006 10:46 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Banned
Joined  2004-07-31

That old adventure flick with the spinning disk of death?  What similarity does it have to Robotech?

Signature 

If a particular toy isn’t up yet, check back weekly, it’s going to take a long time to get everything up.

Posted: 26 February 2006 10:48 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Banned
Joined  2004-07-31

What about the Southern Cross armor itself? Kind of “Storm Trooperish” wouldn’t you say?

Are you just setting them up so I can make fun of ‘em now Hermann?  C’mon man, you just compared the Southern Cross to the most inept military in all the galaxy.  (Crud, why do I think a bunch of Star Wars fans are going to attack me pointing out how cool Storm Troopers are outside of the movies??)

Honestly though, their armor is somewhat Storm-trooper-ish.  I’ll try to leave it at that though.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2006 08:57 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1026
Joined  2001-02-16

It makes sense, as the Star Wars sequels (1980, 1983) were huge right around the time that the Robotech series were being made (1982, 83 & 84).

Signature 

“And you don’t perceive a provocation in the enemy’s obliteration of our first assault wave?”

Posted: 27 February 2006 09:45 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2004-01-13

Luckyly there is no Jar-Jar characters

What about Rick Hunter, Supreme Commander Leonard, and Scott Bernard? :rofl:

Yeah, Krull stole having Liam Neeson in it from Star wars! :D

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!