Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3
If Dana does return in TSC or it’s follow up…............
Posted: 23 February 2006 06:58 AM   [ # 16 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  220
Joined  2001-02-16

Could ground-pounders become the captains of space vessels?

Unless we get some miraculous turn of events where Dana is suddenly mature.  I pray this never happens.  There couldn’t possibly be anything worse than an inmature, child-like Dana as Captain of a whole vessel.  Did we forget how Kyron acted with his own command.  He had to be the biggest brat in the history of the Zent’s.  If they gave Dana her own command I think she’d be him less the anger management issues.

Signature 

-85er-

Episode 18: Farewell, Big Brother

Posted: 23 February 2006 07:27 AM   [ # 17 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  19930
Joined  2004-01-13

to kill off Dana would be a huge blow to everyone, keeping it in mind that Robotech follows the story of war, and war kills without mercy

So why not Max or Miriya, Scott or the whole SDF-3 when it’s found?

If you guys want a death with impact, you’d have to have one of Robotechs most popular characters killed off, not one most of the fans hate form the series most of the fans hate.

Think Roy Fokkers death.  Now THAT had impact! ^_^

AND STOP HATING THE MASTERS SERIES!! >:o IT WAS GOOD!!  JUST RELAX AND WATCH IT WITH AN OPEN MIND!!  MACROSS ISN’T EVERYTHING AND NEW GEN. WAS JUST AS BAD!! >:o

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!

That Guy…of the Dark Fin.

Official RT.Com BOBA FETT

AITTTC-MOTCZ!!

Posted: 23 February 2006 09:34 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5655
Joined  2005-03-14

There couldn’t possibly be anything worse than an inmature, child-like Dana as Captain of a whole vessel.

Well, considering NewGen takes place 10 yrs after Masters and then Scott’s jounrney to Reflex Point took 2 yrs, that would mean that Dana is 12 yrs older. I would think she is at least in her early 30’s.(Maybe I’m wrong). But considering her loss(Zor) and generally being battled hardened, I just imagine she wouldn’t be the same impulsive “brat”.  IOW, I don’t think it would take a miracle for her to have matured and mellowed out. In fact, don’t you think she seems to act a bit subdued in PTTSC#5????? 

Again, if by the time PTTSC#5 takes place, it’s been 12 yrs and she’s still upset about Zor, and she apparently has some issue with Maia?

I imagine Dana is now very serious.  That’s just the impression from PTTSC.

Beef!

not one most of the fans hate form the series most of the fans hate.

It sure seem to create a buzz when Dana was seen in PTTSC. I don’t think people hate her. I do realize she gets on people’s nerves but even so, she’s part of the Robotech family.

Although, I don’t think killing her would be good.
I would be against that.

Signature 

D.O.L. TIL THE DAY I DIE!!!!!“GO IF YOU WANT, I’M STAYING HERE UNTIL THIS BATTLE IS OVER!!!”

FOUNDER OF K.I.S.S.  and chief DOLEMITE!!!

Posted: 23 February 2006 12:14 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1735
Joined  2005-12-22

AND STOP HATING THE MASTERS SERIES!!  IT WAS GOOD!! JUST RELAX AND WATCH IT WITH AN OPEN MIND!! MACROSS ISN’T EVERYTHING AND NEW GEN. WAS JUST AS BAD!!

If I was anti-Masters, I would have advocated the death of the suriving cast, but I’m not, and I did point out that the first time people saw Dana was when she was an infant. Who would you find more of a shock of a death, a character you first meet as a 16 year old, or a character you first meet as a baby?

Signature 

2nd Lieutenant Taki Kinryu, UES Roy Fokker, Phoenix Squadron Leader.
Founding member, and Admiral of DDH

Posted: 23 February 2006 02:57 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5932
Joined  2002-01-27

Dana is a groundpounder. Keep her as such.

I’m still holding out hope for a New Gen Shadow update of the Hover Tank!!!  Hey, it worked for the Bioroids in PTTSC didn’t it!!!  B-)

Signature 

D.O.L. Member
XbL: Treiz Faction
The ORIGINAL meh!!!

Posted: 23 February 2006 03:31 PM   [ # 21 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2001-07-07

I do not think they should kill her off. She was the driving force in the second saga of the trilogy. It would be like killing that chapter of the series in my opinion. I would like to think that after a decade since the Masters defeat she would have matured and hardened. War does that, especially since the invasion of the invid. While Dana may seem weak in mind and spirit, she does have a surprisingly strong will to carry on. Look at other characters in the entire series and you will see others just as immature in the beginning and by wars end they are changed, evolved if you will, into stronger beings… although not always for the better!?! :|

Signature 

Colonel Alexander J. Knight aka Viper
Commanding Officer 6TH VF Air Wing Yellowstone HQ
Dark Knight Squadron Leader

Posted: 23 February 2006 03:47 PM   [ # 22 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2004-01-13

It’s the story of her journey into maturity.  That being said, I think she should be a MAJOR part of The Shadow Chronicles. 

Also, one of the most realistic traits she has is that she is seen as a failure by some other military people becuase of who Max and Miriya are.  Poeple want her to be like them but she is her own person.  It seems some fans want her to be more like Max and Miriya too, and that’s why they don’t like her.

And to me, that’s the most realistic character in the series. ^_^

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!

AITTTC-MOTCZ!!

Posted: 23 February 2006 04:53 PM   [ # 23 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  754
Joined  2002-04-11

2. (I think) I want to see her in a Sparta. No “new-updated” VHT’s. Exept, maybe an armored canopy…

Seriously, would the REF, away from Earth, have the ability or the desire to rennovate the VHT’s? I doubt it. Besides, there really isn’t a need, considering how well they fared in the 2nd war, I think they should stick with what works.

As for Dana commanding a ship, I don’t think so, even if she has matured. Her ability to command, like Max’s and Miriya’s as well, seems fairly limited to a small group of soldiers. But give us more Dana in SC I and II.

Signature 

Leonard versus Gloval. It’s always fun.

Posted: 23 February 2006 05:44 PM   [ # 24 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2004-12-25

I

WANT

MY

DANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature 

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Dacschund Squadron Leader (Weinnie One)
“D.O.L.—The hizzeat on repeat!”

Leader of “Disciples Of the Mother (Sammie) And Daughter (Annie)” = D.O.M.A.D.

I
WANT
MY
BETA!!!!!!!

Posted: 23 February 2006 05:46 PM   [ # 25 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2004-12-25

.....is very important to the series, shes the first human/alien (that wasnt created by abducting someone from a cornfield). She was one of the driving forces in the Masters, and I think shes got a little payback in her for the people who took her home away from her…. Dont kill her off, I enjoy who she is….

Signature 

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Dacschund Squadron Leader (Weinnie One)
“D.O.L.—The hizzeat on repeat!”

Leader of “Disciples Of the Mother (Sammie) And Daughter (Annie)” = D.O.M.A.D.

I
WANT
MY
BETA!!!!!!!

Posted: 25 February 2006 11:21 AM   [ # 26 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2001-02-19

The one thing I hated about Robotech, all the cross-service mixing. If you’re a pilot that’s all you can do, if you operate a hovertank thats what you do. You might be able to do some basic foot soldierin’ (think Scott in New Gen, especially since they got better as the series went on) but switching branches would be almost unheard of.

Same problem I have with Rick really, how could he make Admiral so young? How could he possibly have that kind of training.

Anyhow, I’d like Dana to be what Wolff was in the Sentinels books, the operation ground forces commander.

Posted: 25 February 2006 11:32 AM   [ # 27 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  3179
Joined  2004-07-31

Same problem I have with Rick really, how could he make Admiral so young? How could he possibly have that kind of training.

Uh, ‘cause everyone is dead.  There were lots of voids to fill after the Zent rain of death.  Otherwise I completely agree, I just allow special exceptions for immediately following the rain of death.

KILL DANA!  KILL DANA!  Did I mention they really ought to kill Dana off.  Imagine what a stir that would cause!

Signature 

Want to know more about Robotech toys?  Visit:
http://www.anymoon.com/
If a particular toy isn’t up yet, check back weekly, it’s going to take a long time to get everything up.

Posted: 25 February 2006 11:39 AM   [ # 28 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2004-01-13

Not many people like her, they just want to see her dead,and it seems only because she was the lead character in Masters. :|

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!

AITTTC-MOTCZ!!

Posted: 25 February 2006 02:28 PM   [ # 29 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  754
Joined  2002-04-11

Not many people like her, they just want to see her dead,and it seems only because she was the lead character in Masters. :|

Excuse me? I’m certain you have a fair amount of accurate and peer reviewed statistics to back up such an obviously opinionated claim…Perhaps we should attempt to keep our claims to within the confines of our own opinions? Then we can avoid making statements on behalf of other members…

Signature 

Leonard versus Gloval. It’s always fun.

Posted: 25 February 2006 03:15 PM   [ # 30 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  3179
Joined  2004-07-31

I’m certain you have a fair amount of accurate and peer reviewed statistics to back up such an obviously opinionated claim

Well, we all know that the second arch is the least favorite amongst fans.  Whether or not Dana is hated seems a bit harsh.  I would just like the record to reflect that I don’t want Dana dead just because I personally find her extremely annoying.  If I just wanted annoying people dead I would want Bowie killed first, then the rest of the cast of the second arch.  I think killing Dana would be perfect as she is a Sterling and it’s about time they weren’t so untouchable.

Signature 

Want to know more about Robotech toys?  Visit:
http://www.anymoon.com/
If a particular toy isn’t up yet, check back weekly, it’s going to take a long time to get everything up.

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3