Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
“This must be some form of Micronian torture….....”
Posted: 20 February 2006 03:53 PM  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5655
Joined  2005-03-14

When the bridge bunnies met the three spys, they took them to “the Disco”. 

I wonder what kind of impact would other forms of music would have on the Zents.

We know that Minmei “bewitched” them. (Yeah, right)

What kind of effect would…........

1. Salsa

2. Punk

3. Hip Hop

4. Techno

5. Country

6. Comericial pop (Britney Spears, Insync, Ashley Simpson) That kind of stuff.

7. Heavy/Death/Black Metal

8. Losers of American Idol

have on the Zentraidi?????

NOTE: I ask, please respect other people’s musical preference. Please keep opinions directly relatable about how Zentraidi would react to the music in question. And for God’s sake, please don’t insult anyone’s musical choice.

Signature 

D.O.L. TIL THE DAY I DIE!!!!!“GO IF YOU WANT, I’M STAYING HERE UNTIL THIS BATTLE IS OVER!!!”

FOUNDER OF K.I.S.S.  and chief DOLEMITE!!!

Posted: 20 February 2006 03:57 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2005-03-14

6. would basically be the same as Minmei.

7. would enhance their agressive behavoir and get them pumped for battle.

I’m not sure about the others.

Somehow I imagine both Exedor and Louie Nicholes listening to DEVO.

Signature 

D.O.L. TIL THE DAY I DIE!!!!!“GO IF YOU WANT, I’M STAYING HERE UNTIL THIS BATTLE IS OVER!!!”

Posted: 20 February 2006 04:48 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  858
Joined  2004-01-30

I’d imagine the music would have a strong effect on them, evoking whatever emotions it does in humans, but a lot stronger because they don’t know how to control them.  Heavy Metal might make them aggressive, as might any sort of hard rock.  Certain other forms of music might make them depressed.  Others might make them unaccountably peaceful, even sentimental.  Even Breetai didn’t seem to be immune to the effects of music, as one of Minmei’s slower songs made him feel sadness just before his own defection.  I’d imagine Zentraed would have to be careful with trying new forms of music, since, like new prescriptions, there’s no telling what kind or how strong of an effect it would have on them.

Signature 

RT.COM FREAK
Supremely Cool RT.com Girl
ACE Public Relations Officer
Current de facto leader of the DOGS (Defenders of Gloval)
Barking mad

Posted: 20 February 2006 07:56 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Lt Commander
Total Posts:  9016
Joined  2002-04-11

#6 after a while when they get used to it, they would single out Britney for destruction!(I wished!)

I could imagine some zentradi listening to punk with spikey hair, peircings etc, :p

No way could, or would I want to imaging Zentradi and Country.

I’d hate to see an entire fleet of zens in cow boy gear line dancing!  That IS scary!!!

Signature 

Sie können mein Haar bürsten, ausziehen mich überall!

Posted: 20 February 2006 08:53 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  785
Joined  2006-02-15

1. Salsa.- Every Zent dancing…well

3. Hip Hop: They have tons of material to do their own songs like: I’m gonna blow your ship and kick your butt

4. Techno: The perfect one to pilot a Battlepod

5. Country: captain Murdock said everyting

6. Comericial pop (Britney Spears, Insync, Ashley Simpson) That kind of stuff: Well if they liked Minmei (of course they liked her) why not these ones?

8. Losers of American Idol: Point your weapons directly to them and fire, don’t let anyone alive¡¡¡

Signature 

The brightest star in the fleet
The Only and Sexiest Leader of Minmei Forever (MF)
Fasionable Lady aboard the Banshee

Posted: 20 February 2006 08:54 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2005-03-14

What about 7. ?

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2006 08:54 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1499
Joined  2002-01-24

#1. Would get the blood flowing and make the Zentraedi all passionate, excited, and maybe horny, would try to get in the sack with either a Zentraedi or Human woman that would create a baby boom among them!

Damn the RT Masters would be Playa Hating on their Warrior Slaves & I imagine those prudish bas@$^@!s would severely punish them for listening such forbidden music, the Zentraedis are meant for war and thats why the Masters decreed that males & females are kepted segragated to create sexual tension amongst them and the only valve of release is through combat & war!!

#2. Would create rebeliousness among the Zentraedi and there would acts of rebelion against the establishment (UN World Govt) I any of you want an idea what some Zents would look like as punks go to Emjar’s fan art page and find out for yourselves
http://www.robotech.com/community/fan/art/viewfanart.php?id=3960

#3. Hip-Hop & Rap maybe they will express themselves
by showing their frustrations toward human society & the troubles of being a Zentraedi in a human world they would show creative lyrical ways Battling, DJ ing, & free mikeing (Just like people in America’s Inner Cities)

however dont expose them to Gangsta Rap or Humanity got trouble on their hands I can imagine Macross City becoming a danger zone with Zentraedi gangs doing doing drive-by shooting in their battlepods against Humans & other Zentraedis Damn that would be scary!! @_@

#4. Techno would have a wierd tripped out affect on them with all the light and all worse if the Zents get High on Protoculture (Just like Kyhron in the McKinney Novels) if that happens there would be a drug abuse problem among the Zents that pretty soon they will be no diffrent than their cousins the Tyrolians, complacent beings who get high just to be
in control.

#5. Country I would have to agree with Captain GM Murdock I certainly cant imagine the Zents being all hicked out & such? D:

#6. As Hermann2 would say same affect as Minmei’s music & like Captain GM Murdock the same opinion, but the Zents would get bored with Pop music, All you some Zentraedi like Kyhron in the mix and of course the Zents would single out the Pop artist for Destruction!!

#7. Agressive as HELL!!!! I can immagine them playing Slayer, Brujeria, or Iced Earth as they are going into battle, maybe it will help them win more battles!!! ^_^  Maybe some Zent would form their own bands to help support their comrades as they go into battle!!!

#8. You dont want to Know??..... :|

Signature 

CHAIRMAN OF M.I.G. (MIRIYA IS GREAT)

CMDR OF MIG-A0: THE SUPERVISION ARMY KILLER

ONE OF THE UN SPACY’S MOST WANTED!

Are my Methods Unsound…??

MIG Army Motto:
IN YOUR FACE SPACE COYOTE!

WIELDER OF THE DIVINE MONKEY WRENCH OF JUSTICE

Posted: 20 February 2006 10:18 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Sergeant
Joined  2006-02-15

I don’t know Hermie (or do you prefer Hermann?) Maybe the Zentraedi who were left after the Force of Arms would battle fit in the classic rude, fat biker, maybe if they left grow their beards then yes it is highly recommended that kind of music

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2006 10:46 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2005-03-14

I don’t know Hermie (or do you prefer Hermann

Yes I prefere Hermann. Thank you for asking.  smile

would battle fit in the classic rude, fat biker, maybe if they left grow their beards then yes it is highly recommended that kind of music

Hmmm. Well, I’m not sure what you’re getting at, but I’m a life long Metal Head and I’m not fat, or a biker and I don’t have a beard.  :rofl:

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2006 12:51 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5932
Joined  2002-01-27

1. Salsa- I think the Zents would find this fun and interesting, they’d probably hum it alot and move to the beat

2. Punk- probably will find it interesting though they won’t get it

3. Hip Hop- probably would confuse them, they might find it interesting at first but the hard base hits might give them a head ache

4. Techno- this will definately intrigue them, though the repetition might be a little too much for them to take at first

5. Country- I’m sure the Zents would like country, it’s slower, easier on the senses, usually happy or deals with love which ties into their fascination with Minmei

6. Comericial pop- they’ll eat this stuff up, just like they do when watching Minmei

7. Heavy/Death/Black Metal- this would probably scare them and give them head aches, it takes a discerning intellect and worldly pallet to appreciate this type of music

Signature 

D.O.L. Member
XbL: Treiz Faction
The ORIGINAL meh!!!

Posted: 21 February 2006 03:39 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Sergeant
Joined  2006-02-15

Hmmm. Well, I’m not sure what you’re getting at, but I’m a life long Metal Head and I’m not fat, or a biker and I don’t have a beard.

I know you’re a cute guy wink . But it could be great if we can see a Zentraedi in his Battlepod with a very loud stereo playing the song “Welcome to the Jungle”, destroying everything in his path…like a biker

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2006 04:16 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2005-03-14

I know you’re a cute guy

Wow. Thank you!  :rofl: 

a Zentraedi in his Battlepod with a very loud stereo playing the song “Welcome to the Jungle”, destroying everything in his path…like a biker

I agree with everything you just said except I would remove G&R’s “Welcome..” and replace it with either “Wrathchild” or “Die With Your Boots On” both by Iron Maiden!! Or “Fuel For Hatred” by Satryicon. Now THAT would be the perfect soundtract to Zentraidi destruction and violence.

But that’s just me.  wink

Signature