Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Purpose of Mars Base Sara?
Posted: 17 February 2006 09:42 PM  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  645
Joined  2001-02-16

Searched a few threads and even checked out wiki, but I’m still not sure what was the sense of Mars Base Sara.

I know what a base is, duh ^^, but what was its primary use for the RDF?
I understood its use during the Invid timeline, but what about during the 1st RT war?

(maybe I should ask the hardcore rt forum too hehe)

Jones :101:

Signature 

Homeworld(tm) Fanfiction. A mysterious orphaned girl serves onboard a cruiser and discovers her past and legacy within an expanse.
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=139678

Posted: 17 February 2006 09:46 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2001-06-04

it’s purpose was to establish a base on Mars?  ^_^

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.  Seriously, I think that one of the offical comics had Mars base being a research lab for dangerous technologies, like the reflex furnace.  After all, if you are going to blow up a small chunk of soil with a failed experiement, it might as well be on a planet that you can’t live on anyway.

Signature 

Proud member of the ALC (Anti-Leonard Club)!

Posted: 17 February 2006 09:52 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  895
Joined  2005-12-17

An early warning system?

Nations are always running out of places to to their troops.

Signature 

Hijo del Trauco, pero Yo no hablo Espanol. :(

You can find me on facebook. Automatic friend request acceptance to all robotech.com members!

Posted: 17 February 2006 11:00 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1735
Joined  2005-12-22

Given that the UEG knew about the Zentraedi, they could have had a mix use for Mars Base Sara as an early warning base/research base.

Signature 

2nd Lieutenant Taki Kinryu, UES Roy Fokker, Phoenix Squadron Leader.
Founding member, and Admiral of DDH

Posted: 17 February 2006 11:41 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  457
Joined  2004-05-15

A transportation base for materials with an eye to universal trips.Remembering SDF1 once landed about and got some supplies from it,so i think it should contain ammo and stored foods.And,for military purpose,it was set up to be a sentinal station for warning and providing a line of defence.The distance from it to the earth forms strategical deepness that enables earth forces to react and position against outerspace invasion heading towards.

Signature 

He who has wings, namely thoughts, soars

Posted: 17 February 2006 11:59 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43404
Joined  2001-02-16

In my oppinion, Mars Base Sara was built for two reasons. One, to be an early warning facility; and Two, to do research on advanced technology. It would have been a very secure base to do research, due to its distance from the Earth.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 18 February 2006 10:08 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  13457
Joined  2005-10-21

For some reason I always thought that Sara was pre-SDF-1. I thought Lisa’s dead Fiance, Carl Riber, was asigned to the base durring the Anti-Unification wars. Which, as I recall, were brought to an end BY the arrival of the SDF-1. It’s been awhile since I had seen the first episode, but I thought that the narator said the “global cival war” ended with the arrival of the SDF-1. So it’s likely that Sara was originally some military outpost, probably an observation and inteligance post, durring the Anti-Unification wars.

Now, my opinion of this changed when I saw Macross Zero. Of course Macross Zero is not Robotech, so I know that doesn’t count. However, Macross Zero seems to lay out a different time line. One in which the Macross’s arrival SPARKS the AU Wars. If we take that time line, then I can only guess at the purpose of Sara

Signature 

- 85ER -
MEMBER OF D.O.M.A.D.
CAG OF THE D.O.L.

- Carl Macek, to the stars and beyond time, you are not forgotten -

Posted: 18 February 2006 10:09 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2004-12-25

start for colonization of Mars….. We have to expand somewhere right?

Signature 

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Dacschund Squadron Leader (Weinnie One)
“D.O.L.—The hizzeat on repeat!”

Leader of “Disciples Of the Mother (Sammie) And Daughter (Annie)” = D.O.M.A.D.

I
WANT
MY
BETA!!!!!!!

Posted: 18 February 2006 04:38 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2006-02-10

what happened to the people on the base? Why did they disappear?

Posted: 18 February 2006 05:48 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2001-02-17

Wasn’t the base built during the global civil war?  I would assume that it was just a base the government put on Mars.  Why? Because they could?

Posted: 18 February 2006 06:49 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-02-10

mars base sara was build about the same time as the started refitting the sdf-1 in 2001.

Posted: 18 February 2006 07:21 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2005-01-08

from the Invasion comics (half was lancer’s story and half was mars base sera) the base was yes to test the a reflex furnace taken from the SDF1 but there was also a need to test the predecessor to the Grand Cannon powered by the reflex furnace. Karl Riber didnt know of its presence up until the local military commander informed him of it during a zentraedi attack. Now all the people of Mars Base Sera except for Riber and the local commander were evacuated via an Oberth but that was destroyed by the Zentraedi. The reflex weapon being tested took the life of the commander and the Zentraedi ship and Riber was left alone.

Admiral Hayes said that Anti Unification forces destroyed the base in order to hide the fact that the Earth was in danger from Aliens because humans were just recovering from a long global war.

Posted: 18 February 2006 08:08 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2004-12-25

....got ‘em (had to go there , sorry). Yeah I alwys wanted to know what happened, I always figured it was they went sitr crazy or something….

Signature 

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Dacschund Squadron Leader (Weinnie One)
“D.O.L.—The hizzeat on repeat!”

Leader of “Disciples Of the Mother (Sammie) And Daughter (Annie)” = D.O.M.A.D.

I
WANT
MY
BETA!!!!!!!

Posted: 19 February 2006 10:57 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  645
Joined  2001-02-16

Thanks for the input smile

More fuel for a fic ^_^

Jones :101:

Signature 

Homeworld(tm) Fanfiction. A mysterious orphaned girl serves onboard a cruiser and discovers her past and legacy within an expanse.
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=139678