Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4
Rick Hunter, what happend?
Posted: 15 February 2006 09:07 AM   [ # 31 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11313
Joined  2003-09-16

Rick maybe a good pilot but not the best I say Max is, he is way better then Rick will ever be.

But since leadership isn’t determined by ones combat skills (if it was, Worf would have been in command of the Enterprise, and Picard could’ve been a deck hand), then it doesn’t matter if Max could out fly him.

Alright and i will repeat my question after all these comments. Interesting but still can not find sentinels or robotech art#3 that you mention on the website. If you would have to fill the fifteens year gap between the macross saga and the robotech masters what would you put in the middle? I mean books and comics since as it seems there are not epeisodes about that aired.

There are several books that fill in almost ALL the gaps.  The Macross Saga/Southern Cross gap is covered by the books: The Zentraedi Rebellion and The Masters’ Gambit.  Go here for more information. http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/bibliography/novels/

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 15 February 2006 09:14 AM   [ # 32 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2005-08-13

Alright and i will repeat my question after all these comments. Interesting but still can not find sentinels or robotech art#3 that you mention on the website. If you would have to fill the fifteens year gap between the macross saga and the robotech masters what would you put in the middle? I mean books and comics since as it seems there are not epeisodes about that aired.

the sentinels is not canon with the three animated sagas. so you dont really need to worry about it(but it is interesting sotry if u can get ur hands on the books) but look at the link BlaqChaos setup on the first page of this thread its helpful. the 15 years gap is when they made the sdf3, got the robotech factory and setup the REF for its expidition to Tirol. the REF lauched in 2020 and when they arrived in Tirol space the masters had already left to earth and is is estimated that the amsters will arrive in earths space in about 5 years or so. so the 15 year gap or so was jsut really setting up of the REF mission and fighting little battles with the rengade zentradi’s on earth. but remember the sentinals is not canon so it kinda didnt really happen. so jsut think of that time period was a rebuilding of earth and relations with the zentradi and setting up a new fleet or something like that.

Signature 

- One mans junk is another’s mans protoculture…

Posted: 15 February 2006 09:17 AM   [ # 33 ]  
Sergeant
Joined  2005-08-13

look at the robotech timelines on this website it helps also.

Signature 

Posted: 15 February 2006 11:39 AM   [ # 34 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2006-02-13

Blaqchaos thanks alot. Stocken and you know all that from the books that blaqchaoss suggested for the gap?

Posted: 15 February 2006 11:41 AM   [ # 35 ]  
Private
Joined  2006-02-13

i mean abou the making of sdf3, rick becoming an admiral and the expidition to Tirol are all these described to the master’s gambit and the zendradi rebelion?

Posted: 15 February 2006 03:12 PM   [ # 36 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1735
Joined  2005-12-22

after gloval died, Rick and lisa are the same rank, they are both captains. So how can a captain promote another captain to a admiral?

Gloval promotes Lisa to admiral, he wouldn’t leave Lisa as a Captain leading the REF, a large expedition like that can’t really be lead by a Captain, the captains of other ships would doubt her authority.

Signature 

2nd Lieutenant Taki Kinryu, UES Roy Fokker, Phoenix Squadron Leader.
Founding member, and Admiral of DDH

Posted: 15 February 2006 07:17 PM   [ # 37 ]  
Sergeant
Joined  2005-08-13

i mean abou the making of sdf3, rick becoming an admiral and the expidition to Tirol are all these described to the master’s gambit and the zendradi rebelion?

as of right now im reding the sentinels books for the first time. all of the so called “knowledge” i have learned about the situation was from reading the books, reading the link, BC had given us when i first arrived on the site last august. and jsut researching it on the internet about what happened. i havent read all the books yet, but in the show they do sometimes say in a blurb on certain things. u jsut need to do alittle research on ur own and over time watch the series again. i still ahve no clues on alot of things in the robotech unverise.

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2006 07:30 AM   [ # 38 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11313
Joined  2003-09-16

Zentraedi Rebellion.  The Master’s Gambit was an interpretation of the Robotech: The Movie, The Untold Story story.

Gloval promotes Lisa to admiral, he wouldn’t leave Lisa as a Captain leading the REF, a large expedition like that can’t really be lead by a Captain, the captains of other ships would doubt her authority.

It’s more likely that the civilian head of the government (whoever that was) was the one to promote Lisa.

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 16 February 2006 08:42 AM   [ # 39 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1026
Joined  2001-02-16

Here’s a simple rundown of what has been proposed based on the Sentinels feature (which may not be canon, but is still the best explanation available…)

Rick and Lisa construct the SDF-3, with the purpose of traveling to Tirol, the homeworld of the Robotech Masters, to make peace and thereby avoid another war on Earth. It takes them a good 6-10 years (sources do not agree on the exact timeframe) to make mission preparations, build the new battlefortress, and get the crew together. Rick and Lisa get married on the eve of their departure with the Robotech Expeditionary Force. They depart for Tirol, not knowing that a) the Robotech Masters are already on their way to Earth, and b) the homeworld of the Robotech Masters is currently being ravaged by the Masters’ mortal enemies, the Invid. So the REF led by Lisa and Rick heads off into the darkness of space, and presumably becomes locked in a decades-long struggle with the Invid.

In terms of the animation, we do not hear anything more about them until the reclamation force returns to take back the Earth from the Invid in the New Generation portion of the series. The Art 3 book, Sentinels comics and McKinney novels can give you a clearer picture of what happens, though these events are not “official” at present.

Signature 

“And you don’t perceive a provocation in the enemy’s obliteration of our first assault wave?”

Posted: 16 February 2006 09:38 AM   [ # 40 ]  
Private
Joined  2006-02-13

On epeisode 47 i think in the robotech masters cycle a small ship is arrving at earth coming from the sdf3 to help. When they finally land after the battle(the ship was destroyed) they inform the supreme commander of the earth defense forces that the commander of sdf3 has no intension to send any other forces for help. They call the commander Rein Hurt or something like that. Isnt he supposed to be Rick Hunter? Who is that guy?

Posted: 16 February 2006 10:18 AM   [ # 41 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1026
Joined  2001-02-16

On epeisode 47 i think in the robotech masters cycle a small ship is arrving at earth coming from the sdf3 to help. When they finally land after the battle(the ship was destroyed) they inform the supreme commander of the earth defense forces that the commander of sdf3 has no intension to send any other forces for help. They call the commander Rein Hurt or something like that. Isnt he supposed to be Rick Hunter? Who is that guy?

Reinhart is a general and one of the higher up officials on the REF mission. Rick and Lisa are Admirals.

Signature 

“And you don’t perceive a provocation in the enemy’s obliteration of our first assault wave?”

Posted: 16 February 2006 11:01 AM   [ # 42 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-02-03

:D

Posted: 16 February 2006 11:05 AM   [ # 43 ]  
Private
Joined  2006-02-03

I need some help here.The sentinels consists of 3 episodes?

Posted: 16 February 2006 11:07 AM   [ # 44 ]  
Private
Joined  2006-02-03

I have seen the episode which shows the wedding of rick to lisa and i don t know if there is another episode

Posted: 16 February 2006 11:43 AM   [ # 45 ]  
Private
Joined  2006-02-13

i didnt know that there are any epeisodes about the sentinels… are there?

< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4