Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 1 2 > 
1 of 2
I was watching “Force of Arms” the other day and….
Posted: 13 February 2006 11:27 AM  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2005-11-29

I was actually kind of disappointed with the battle sequences. All we really get in the long run is:
*Recycled scenes of Rick in the new Valkyrie Armored and Super Buster Pack thing
*Max and Miriya fighting in unison for about…5 seconds.
*Breetais fleet firing(recycled throughout episode)
* and the SDF-1 firing off its weapons(recycled and recycled)

And don’t get me wrong the animation in that episode is Beautiful compared to ANY other robotech episode. but seeing as it was the climax of the series I think they could of showed more scenes of veritechs in battle with the millions of Zentraedi ships and pods. (notice you only see them in the recycled Rick sequence) I understand how back then they had a budget but I do think that episode could be greatly improved. I think they could of went “ALL OUT” on “Force of Arms”
wasn’t it also odd when the SDF-1 cted like a veritech and dodged those missiles?

Signature 

Are they all destroyed?

.......Probably.

OH NO!

Posted: 13 February 2006 12:27 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5932
Joined  2002-01-27

5. Law of Mechanical Mobility, Second Law of Anime Motion: The larger a mechanical device is, the faster it moves. Armored Mecha are the fastest objects known to human science.

Signature 

D.O.L. Member
XbL: Treiz Faction
The ORIGINAL meh!!!

Posted: 13 February 2006 01:51 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1735
Joined  2005-12-22

It was shown on TV, of course the scenes would be recycled because they were running on a lower budget. Do you really think that they could run a battle against 3 million ships on a TV budget? It was cheaper to recycle footage.

DYRL doesn’t have any recycled footage for the big battle, because of it’s movie budget.

Signature 

2nd Lieutenant Taki Kinryu, UES Roy Fokker, Phoenix Squadron Leader.
Founding member, and Admiral of DDH

Posted: 13 February 2006 08:58 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2005-10-13

“Use your imagination”, it is a great battle if you try to imagine it, but if you don’t…or take it as a failure in the Matrix (lots of Deja Vu)  D:

Signature 

Chief Medical Officer
U.E.S. Roy Fokker
Member of MF

Posted: 13 February 2006 09:04 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5655
Joined  2005-03-14

I always thought “Farewell Big Brother” had the best all around action sequence!! It contained no recycled footage up to that point. It was all original animation.

It also helps that this particular sequence was not recycled until “Seasons Greetings” I believe.

A truely unique, memerable,  epic battle.

Signature 

D.O.L. TIL THE DAY I DIE!!!!!“GO IF YOU WANT, I’M STAYING HERE UNTIL THIS BATTLE IS OVER!!!”

FOUNDER OF K.I.S.S.  and chief DOLEMITE!!!

Posted: 13 February 2006 09:52 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1233
Joined  2004-09-09

I do kinda see that it’s not that great, but still you can’t help but feel good when you watch it. I don’t get that feeling when I watch Gundam.
:judge:  :rofl:  :judge:  :rofl:

Signature 

Don’t steal, the government hates competition.

http://www.myspace.com/wijangco

http://www.r34racer01.deviantart.com

Posted: 13 February 2006 10:34 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Sergeant
Joined  2005-12-22

Gundam has been going so far downhill that it’s actually quite funny. People complain about Macross sequels, but some of the Gundam sequels are truly aweful (Gundam SEED Destiny for one).

Force of Arms was one of those massive battles that early 80s anime couldn’t do on their budget.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2006 10:42 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2005-10-13

It was more than just animation… it was a mood created through flash imagery and Menmei.  I think most RT moments can be critised in some way, but I loved Force of Arms for its enormity of consequence and it showed our heros in a battle where they either won, or died.  Amazing.

Possibly the coolest episodes of RT

Signature 

Dukal E
Cpl
ARMD
REF
Armd Sqn

Posted: 14 February 2006 01:41 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2006-02-12

It was at the time the best animations battle’s that came from the 80s. Me and my friend’s still talk about how they used the same frames over and over again. ^_^

Signature 

Keep up are shut up!!!!!

Posted: 15 February 2006 12:12 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2004-10-21

of course the animation for the series was bad back then. it was like 1980. the final scene in macross:dyrl redeemed that battle and more than did it justice. i think when hikaru (rick) goes into dolzas ship on the sucide run is one of the best works of anime to this day

Posted: 15 February 2006 02:51 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  414
Joined  2001-02-16

Well, if you want to see essentially the same battle with all original, all-great animation, why not just watch DYRL? Sure, it doesn’t have the earth getting nuked, but otherwise it’s pretty similar…

Signature 

—== Ginrai =============————-
——- Destroy All Podcasts DX——
http://www.destroyallpodcastsdx.com

Posted: 15 February 2006 08:55 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  1953
Joined  2001-02-16

Char’s Counterattack and Zeta have some pretty amazing battle sequences.

Signature 

Banned For Trolling

Posted: 15 February 2006 09:10 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  19930
Joined  2004-01-13

But it was a hell og an epidode! ^_^

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!

That Guy…of the Dark Fin.

Official RT.Com BOBA FETT

AITTTC-MOTCZ!!

Posted: 15 February 2006 09:12 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  785
Joined  2006-02-15

except for the recycled footage I liked the battle sequence, it wouldn’t be harmful if they added a couple of shots of the Zentraedi heavy cruisers firing one against the other, and the song is better than the one that appeared in “Do You Remember Love”. I know it had a purpose but “We Will Win” fitted perfectly with the battle

Signature 

The brightest star in the fleet
The Only and Sexiest Leader of Minmei Forever (MF)
Fasionable Lady aboard the Banshee

Posted: 16 February 2006 02:25 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Sergeant
Joined  2005-12-22

the song is better than the one that appeared in “Do You Remember Love”. I know it had a purpose but “We Will Win” fitted perfectly with the battle

I don’t think so, in the movie, the song was supposed to be a translated version of a popular song from the Protoculture. It had an effect on the Zentraedi that “We Will Win” wouldn’t have. For a race that only knew war against each other, a love song was the combined form of what they were missing. It was also Exedol who said that the song made him remember something that he had forgotten long ago (given the numbers at the end of their names, I’m assuming that he refers to the memories of his progenitor).

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2006 07:28 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1026
Joined  2001-02-16

Out of the Macross episodes, I think Force of Arms has the best animation all around. Farewell, Big Brother is up there too, as are the first couple of episodes.

Signature 

“And you don’t perceive a provocation in the enemy’s obliteration of our first assault wave?”

1 2 > 
1 of 2