Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2
2 of 2
First impression of the intro
Posted: 20 February 2006 02:58 AM   [ # 16 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  5655
Joined  2005-03-14

So I was hypothesizing that maybe it was a reference to events that were never animated in the series.

Well, I’m pretty sure that what we see in the closing credits of Robotech/opening credits of SDC: Southern Cross was just window dressing. However, I’m sure they had every intention of showing every one of those battloids, however briefly, in at least one episode each.

Let’s remember that SDC: Southern Cross tanked as far as ratings went, so we know there was all kinds of things Southern Cross was supposed to eventually introduce.  Maybe when the bad reviews started showing up and when the creators of SDC: Southern Cross could feel the noose tightening on the show, they just concentrated on the AGAC’s and finishing the story of the main characters best they could.

That’s why Masters feels like it has such an abrupt ending.

Signature 

D.O.L. TIL THE DAY I DIE!!!!!“GO IF YOU WANT, I’M STAYING HERE UNTIL THIS BATTLE IS OVER!!!”

FOUNDER OF K.I.S.S.  and chief DOLEMITE!!!

Posted: 20 February 2006 07:09 AM   [ # 17 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  767
Joined  2002-04-20

well to that statment, I’m prety shure I have seen that sceen in an episode when Dana is in the traning simulator thing, forgot the episode name at the moment :101:

Signature 

Make your life extrordanary

Mike ” Rod ” Kromer
Staff Sargent
Demon 7
105th airwing
Demon Squadren

Mike
Major General
Darkness 3
Legen of darkness

Mike
Caoss 4
Comander
Caoss Squadren

Posted: 20 February 2006 07:18 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1026
Joined  2001-02-16

Let’s remember that SDC: Southern Cross tanked as far as ratings went, so we know there was all kinds of things Southern Cross was supposed to eventually introduce. Maybe when the bad reviews started showing up and when the creators of SDC: Southern Cross could feel the noose tightening on the show, they just concentrated on the AGAC’s and finishing the story of the main characters best they could.

Right, I agree with you. I guess I wasn’t being clear on what I was getting at. But since SC was supposed to be nearly twice as long originally, I thought that perhaps those battloids would’ve shown up more extensively in later eps.

Signature 

“And you don’t perceive a provocation in the enemy’s obliteration of our first assault wave?”

Posted: 20 February 2006 12:19 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2005-03-14

Right, I agree with you

Dito.

I think even that rediculous robo-unicorn/pegasus chariot thing might have been a unrealized Southern Cross concept. SDC: Southern Cross was going to get rather outlandish in it’s own right, had they been able to complete it. From what I udnerstand, it was intended to emphasize the techno-mideival knights even more!  I think the mecha was even to look more like Samuries

Just like Sentinels, maybe we should be glad it never got completed?  :rofl:

Signature 

D.O.L. TIL THE DAY I DIE!!!!!“GO IF YOU WANT, I’M STAYING HERE UNTIL THIS BATTLE IS OVER!!!”

Posted: 20 February 2006 12:27 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1026
Joined  2001-02-16

I think even that rediculous robo-unicorn/pegasus chariot thing might have been a unrealized Southern Cross concept. SDC: Southern Cross was going to get rather outlandish in it’s own right, had they been able to complete it. From what I udnerstand, it was intended to emphasize the techno-mideival knights even more! I think the mecha was even to look more like Samuries

Right. According to Art 3 the Pegasus was a SC design. I think it would’ve given SC more character for that stuff to have happened, but oh well.

Signature 

“And you don’t perceive a provocation in the enemy’s obliteration of our first assault wave?”

Posted: 20 February 2006 12:57 PM   [ # 21 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2005-03-14

I think it would’ve given SC more character for that stuff to have happened, but oh well.

Well, the concept itself is rather interesting. And it’s been executed succesfully in other projects such as “Five Star Stories” and Esconflow(I probably spelled wrong, but you know the one I mean. With the mecha dragon).  So I agree the idea was cool.

However, in the case of SDC: Southern Cross, I think such ideas would clash even with the first half of SDC: Southern Cross, not to mention Robotech for sure!

It’s one of those hindsight twists of fate that Southern Cross incomplete fit perfectly into Robotech.(Plot holes not withstanding)

Good ol 20/20 vision, eh?  :rofl:

Signature 

< 1 2
2 of 2