Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Errors in the Infopedia??
Posted: 28 October 2005 09:06 PM  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  13458
Joined  2005-10-21

I think I noticed a some information missing on the Infopedia. In the sectiosn for:

Mecha Database
New Generation
Earth Forces
Combat Mecha

there is a cyclone missing. In the Palladium Books: Robotech RPG it is listed as the GR-052 Battler, but I am not sure it’s cannon designation. It is the cyclone used by Scott Bernard and Rand. The slightly greening one with the quad missle launchers or pusle cannon on the front wheels.

Also, wasn’t Sue Grahm using a shadow varient of Lancer’s VR-041? If so, it is also not listed in the infopedia either.

If I am wrong about this, please let me know. If I am right, though, what is needed to fix the error and what help can I be toward getting it done?

Signature 

- 85ER -
MEMBER OF D.O.M.A.D.
CAG OF THE D.O.L.

- Carl Macek, to the stars and beyond time, you are not forgotten -

Posted: 29 October 2005 05:31 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2001-12-19

The mecha size comparison chart lists different dimensions than what is stated in the Infopedia. Ex:

Invid trooper is listed as 4.4M high in Mecha Entry, but as 5.0M in the size compasison chart.

Signature 

Sarcasm is just one more service I provide!

Posted: 30 October 2005 02:10 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  19930
Joined  2004-01-13

But hopefully we can work together to get a complete Infopedia for ourselves! ^_^

Getting a Spartas in the Size Comparison was the first step, so let’s keep on walkin’!! ^_^

Signature 

SCRT.com Girl’s Club:
I   am…“PEACHES!!”

MM Triumvirate!!

That Guy…of the Dark Fin.

Official RT.Com BOBA FETT

AITTTC-MOTCZ!!

Posted: 31 October 2005 03:24 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1432
Joined  2001-09-03

IIRC both Scott and Rand use the same model Cyclone, just with differing weapon systems mounted to it.

Aside from the forearm plates, there’s virtually no difference between the two, unlike obvious differences between Scott’s, Lancer’s, and Rooks.

AFAIK there’s no information that Graham’s Cyclone had any sort of Shadow Cloak to it, the fact that she hides like the rest whenever the Invid are active & not being shot at by the rest of the group (major distraction, anything that isn’t trying to kill you is a low-priority target) implies that she has a Cyclone similar to Lancer’s, just painted different colors.

IMHO only O’Course, YMMV.  wink

Signature 

Geezer Team #0 - Intelligence
Old Guardsman
Alleged Historian of the Lounge

You mean sneaking around, placing spies, starting conspiracies?
I’m in INTEL, it’s my *job*!

Caveat Inimicus!    (Let my ENEMY beware)

Posted: 31 October 2005 07:52 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1255
Joined  2001-02-16

Isn’t the VF-1 battloid shown as the same height as the tactical battlepod? I thought the VF-1s were closer to the size of the zentradi themselves, who were conciderably shorter than the battlepods.

edit- no wait, I wnet there, it’s all cool. Could have sworn they were the same size though.

Peace

Signature 

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and asked for forgiveness. -Emo Philips, comedian (1956- )

Posted: 03 November 2005 03:00 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2005-10-21

IIRC both Scott and Rand use the same model Cyclone, just with differing weapon systems mounted to it.

I am aware of this. Infact, I stated as much.

It is the cyclone used by Scott Bernard and Rand. The slightly greening one with the quad missle launchers or pusle cannon on the front wheels.

I was pointing out that their class of cyclone was not in the infopedia and requesting information about how I might help correct the oversight.

Signature 

- 85ER -
MEMBER OF D.O.M.A.D.
CAG OF THE D.O.L.

Posted: 03 November 2005 03:28 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1432
Joined  2001-09-03

Odd that they’d skip the basic Battler Cyc.  I know the RPG called Rand’s Pistol the EP-40 Beam Gun, and in one of the first epsodes you see the Invid Enforcer (IIRC right after the Dusty Ayres adventure) Scott has some sort of bulky but sizable Cyclone-sized rifle that AFAIK he never kills any Invid with (RPG’s EP-37 60mm Beam Rifle).

Presumably the rockets were in short supply, and/or the system too difficult for Rand to learn to use with a decent amount of skill as we never see the “Cyclone Pistol” paired with missile tubes.

In the same episode Rook’s Cyclone weapon is a flamer instead of a rocket launcher, energy rifle, or something whatever it is, and I have difficulty resolving a flamethrower being capable of even temporarily disabling Invid mecha.  next episode she fires the Red Gun, it works just like it always had.

Seems that there’s a serious continuity problem in that episode, as if the animation was subcontracted to the absolute-lowest bidder, who just guessed at stuff instead of communicating with Tatsunoko.

I still hold Graham’s cyc had no Shadow Cloak, in the schematics she displays of the system inside the Shadow Alpha it’s a sizable piece of equipment.  Things tend not to be initially developed/deployed in miniature, but shrink in size as the technology advances & develops. 

It may well take decades of research to shrink the “4th-Dimensional Protoculture Generator” to a size that’ll fit into a Cyclone. 

IMHO O’Course, YMMV.  B-)

Signature 

Geezer Team #0 - Intelligence
Old Guardsman
Alleged Historian of the Lounge

You mean sneaking around, placing spies, starting conspiracies?
I’m in INTEL, it’s my *job*!

Caveat Inimicus!    (Let my ENEMY beware)

Posted: 16 November 2005 09:12 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3290
Joined  2001-03-13

Also, wasn’t Sue Grahm using a shadow varient of Lancer’s VR-041? If so, it is also not listed in the infopedia either

I always thought Sue was using the VR-38 painted black.  There are shots of a VR-52 that’s painted black like a VR-41 also.  So it would appear that the Cyclone mecha may have different paint jobs.  In other words unlike the Alpha each new model doesn’t get a new color of paint.

Signature 

Supreme Commander Leonard is an Agent of the Robotech Masters.

Posted: 16 November 2005 12:34 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2005-10-21

Ok, so we have established that the Battler Cyclone was omitted from the infopedia and needs to be added.

As to Sue Grahm’s bike, we have no conclusive information as to whether or not it was a shadowclone or not. So that doesn’t need to be added to the infopedia. Although I thought the RPG had shadowclones listed and listed Sue Grahm as riding one. That is not really as important to me as the missing Battler Cyc. in the infopedia. Does anyone now how we can get the infopedia updated to include the missing Battler Cyc.?

Signature 

- 85ER -
MEMBER OF D.O.M.A.D.
CAG OF THE D.O.L.

Posted: 13 November 2006 05:02 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2001-02-20

Shadow Cyclones were never part of the RPG.

As for Sue’s Cyclone… it’s listed as a variant of Rook’s VR-038 (the video camera/optics package is her camera)...

Posted: 30 May 2020 02:36 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-05-30

By following a right platform, you are always ready to pick the best batteries for harley davidson. Based on your budget, you can proceed further and buy it that whenever required.