Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Still in a post-Robocon daze ... and hey, who got pictures?
Posted: 07 July 2005 12:49 AM  
Lt Commander
Total Posts:  173
Joined  2001-02-15

On Sunday night, after the Michael Bradley/Yellow Dancer concert, I told a friend that I might as well just walk out into traffic right then and there, because seriously, after all that it would just be downhill.  But hey, the next day was pretty cool, too, and it was very cool of Memo to haul my sorry butt down to the airport on Tuesday afternoon.  (You’re the best, man.  I owe you a beer or two next year for that.)  Seriously, the awesomest time I’ve had in my entire life.  I know, it’s obviously been a pretty sad life.  Weep for me, folks.

So now it’s back to my boring-@$$ life here in The Middle of Nowhere, Kansas, and putting together the next couple issues of Emissaries, which is where you all come in.  My stupid camera came with a mandatory too-small memory card that got filled up too quickly with boring panel pictures and the like, and it was right before the concert when I managed to get it swapped out for a nice hefty one I picked up at Target.  Then I was too short to get a decent photo at the concert.  Crap.  So c’mon here, people, I need pictures.  Any of cool things, any of people in Robotech costumes, definitely any from the panels and the concert, any of me looking like a dork in my SDF-1 cap ... whatever you got, PLEEEEEEASE send them my way so I can have some decent stuff to fill up the Summer ‘05 issue of Emissaries.  You’ll be credited, and if I use your pic, you’ll get a complimentary copy of the issue.  In fact, if you were hanging anywhere around me during the con, give me a buzz—.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or SentinelVeidt on AOLIM/iChat—and I’ll send you the Robocon issue free anyway.  Also, I really want to stay in touch with you guys, but I suck with names soooooooo bad ...

P.S.  Hey, who was responsible for the Memojet pic that got thrust into my hands during the retrospective panel?  Um, why, you ask?  Uh, no reason.  I don’t have any plans to use that in my convention report in Emissaries, of course not ... that CAN’T be why I’m looking to see who’s responsible.  Nothing of the sort ...  ^_^

Signature 

ROBOBLOG III: THE ODYSSEY - Robotech News, Reviews, & Commentary:  http://sdf5x.blogspot.com/
EMISSARIES: A ROBOTECH FANZINE: http://www.emissaries.info/
MY PLACE @ MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/captainjls

Posted: 07 July 2005 08:10 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Lt Commander
Total Posts:  12726
Joined  2001-05-04

there are a few sets of pictures

Signature 

Supremely Cool RT.com Girl’s Club:
    Charmed 01
Co-Mistress of the Clone Zone
MM call sign: Green Tea MP!
323 TASC “Gargoyles”

Time is Bunny

“Blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools who stand in line!”

Posted: 07 July 2005 03:58 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2001-02-18

That was the work of Vanger, IIRC.

Posted: 07 July 2005 05:38 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1432
Joined  2001-09-03

both my & his pix to put up on our site.

JLS, check my profile.  Contact points are there, I’m usually on @work ~1530-2200 Mountain, Mo-Fr.

The MemoJet was a prank that started at AX04, after having a close encounter with a Harmony Airlines (Canuckistani compny, AKA HMY) Boeing 737. 

Co-Conspirators are myself, KS, Memo, Goldfish, & Jadesfire (who did some great Photoshopping in a real hurry).

Course, now we’ve nother idea or two for pranks/parodies.  ^_^

Signature 

Geezer Team #0 - Intelligence
Old Guardsman
Alleged Historian of the Lounge

You mean sneaking around, placing spies, starting conspiracies?
I’m in INTEL, it’s my *job*!

Caveat Inimicus!    (Let my ENEMY beware)

Posted: 11 July 2005 04:26 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3419
Joined  2001-04-27

I got some pictures , check out my post in fandom

Signature 

“Jesus saves, everyone else takes damage.” -some gal’s tee shirt
Check out my web comic!  -> http://dantedreams.com

144th Overlanders reg. Browncoat Independence Army unit
3rd Gondorian Airborne Mechanized Ranger Div. “GROW THE FANBASE!”

Posted: 11 July 2005 05:08 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2001-02-20

The memo jet pic was quite funny… :D

Posted: 14 July 2005 03:31 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2002-04-09

When I start taking pictures (especially at cons) I really get into it and go crazy.  I do a good job, but tok a break at robocon so I could enjoy everything else.  Gee I’m lazy : )

Signature 

Well… I’d probably marry Lisa and have a one-niter with Minmei

Posted: 15 July 2005 02:15 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1767
Joined  2001-01-30

Good to hear you’re back from slumberland ...

When you’re gonna update the robotech comics website that you ran ...

Been missing quite a lot of your reviews on Wildstorms RT comic miniseries .....

Signature 

Forever shall I be loyal to you, my love, my Queen…Mother of the Invid race, Regis.We shall rise like a fiery phoenix, together we will rewrite the history of space and time…Forever. [attributed to Zor]

ROBOTECH SITES ARCHIVE (WEBSITES / MESSAGE BOARDS / RPGS / FANFICS / OSM)

Posted: 24 June 2020 03:08 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2020-06-08

Robots are the biggest and most successful invention of science. According to online dissertation writing, Robots are made on the principle of artificial intelligence. AI is a phenomenon in which a thing remember events and work on the basis of the old record. We try to teach them from time to time. In the beginning, there were robots without feeling.