‹ First  < 16 17 18
18 of 18
The Sentinels Synopsis
Posted: 10 January 2007 07:26 PM   [ # 256 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-11-13

Nice work BlaqChaos!
I was astounded at how some were amazed at how closely the series outlines you posted were so much like the novelizations. Well, there is a reason for that. One thing that readers have to be reminded of is of the process of creating a novelization or a comic book version. These things are not created out of nothing. What happens in thier creation is that the writers get a hold of the script, and work off of that. In the case of this, it was the plot outlines which you posted. Of course these are a bit sparse for a series of novels, so of course they have to be embelleshed to provide length.  This is why whenever you read a movie novelization, or a comic book can be different than the released movie. They are not based on the finished movie, but the script, and during shooting and the editing process, things are changed as elements are tossed out, or changed when they are found not to be useful to the end story. :101:

IMHO, the removal of and changing of the original Sentinels continuity smacks of revisionist history which sadly didn’t have to be. And the linking of it via the comic book version to the upcoming Shadow Chronicals smacks of hypocracy since the Sentinels comic books were based on the novels, and the novels off of the outlines. This makes everything canon by association. Why HG doesn’t take the route that Paramount did with Star Trek did with its sprawling universe, and its myriad of novels, comics, animated series and other official storylines in counting them all canon is beyond me. Besides, the comic version of the Sentinels switches Bella and Gnea’s names about! *Grrr!*  :judge:

As for what the copyright lawyer said about Fair Use,  although you were skating on thin ice by even posting what you did, It’s the nature of the usage is the primary concern. You can get away with quite a bit if its done in review and not for personal gain. But you can’t count on this to protect you. Best to go from now on with a brief synopsis. Afterall, the books can still be found readilly in well stocked used bookstores or online. :101:

Speaking of books. A good rescource for Sentinels and NG/GCM stuff is found in the Robotech RPG scourcebook. The REF Field Guide. :101:
—Dancougar

Posted: 15 January 2007 03:53 PM   [ # 257 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-01-15

Hi all.

I was just watching robotech (RW1) from a dvd just recently. The robotech story is so rich with romance, plot and action, I always like to come to sites like these and reminisce.

BlaqChaos, your summary was excellent. It refreshed my memory with what happened in the novels.

I have read all of the novels of the sentinels (And I still have them in a box in my home in Australia as well as the very last novel (which was written on its own ‘end of the circle’ or something) (which spent too much time talking about protoculture rather than tying loose ends (in my opinion)).

I wish they would have made the sentinels and done it as completely as they had the prior three robotech wars.

I am looking forward to the latest adventures to be released in feb 2007 !

Cheers,

Peterhawkes
http://www.geocities.com/peterhawkes
^_^

Posted: 16 January 2007 12:09 PM   [ # 258 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-12-26

O.k i need some help i am going to get the protoculture set that has the sentinals extra in it but im a little confused on what order to see them and what other stuff i need to try and get to be caught up with the realese of the shadow chronicles? Do i see the hole OG robotech series and then pop in the sentinals and then go search for some novels and comics? just a little confused and would appreciate some help!

Posted: 16 January 2007 12:19 PM   [ # 259 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1026
Joined  2001-02-16

O.k i need some help i am going to get the protoculture set that has the sentinals extra in it but im a little confused on what order to see them and what other stuff i need to try and get to be caught up with the realese of the shadow chronicles? Do i see the hole OG robotech series and then pop in the sentinals and then go search for some novels and comics? just a little confused and would appreciate some help!

The Sentinels feature would come between the Macross Saga and Masters. If you want to watch them in the order they occur, watch Macross Saga, Sentinels feature, Masters & New Generation. Oh, and Shadow Chronicles would come right after NG.

Signature 

“And you don’t perceive a provocation in the enemy’s obliteration of our first assault wave?”

Posted: 17 January 2007 08:39 AM   [ # 260 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-12-26

Thanks for the help, so to my understanding the sentinals only continues in paper so how hard is it to get the novels and/or comics to continue the sentinals how hard is it to get my hands on the continued story?

Posted: 09 February 2007 08:59 AM   [ # 261 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11312
Joined  2003-09-16

so to my understanding the sentinals only continues in paper so how hard is it to get the novels and/or comics to continue the sentinals how hard is it to get my hands on the continued story?

Search the net, and you should find it.

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 09 February 2007 09:03 AM   [ # 262 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2003-09-16

In light of some common questions that have been arrising of late, I will be adding a synopsis of the Prelude comics to this thread.  (Anyone will to help, please feel free.)

It should only take me a few days to dig the comics out and post the information.

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 03 March 2007 06:15 AM   [ # 263 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2007-02-04

I have always wondered what was originally supposed to happen in The Sentinels and your detailed synopsis has really left me thinking a lot about the show. I may be a young fan of only 14 years of age but I love Robotech more than any other show and The Sentinels for me is a great saga that may never be told through animation. May the future for Robotech be bright and hope that one day we will hear the true story of the SDF-3

Signature 

‘Your a ninja, so that explains a few things.’
‘Success is commemorated; failure merely remembered’
‘For The Imperium!’
‘All hail the almighty Regis!.... and Lisa Hayes!

Posted: 11 March 2007 06:27 AM   [ # 264 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2007-02-04

What do you think of these original synopses?

Signature 

‘Your a ninja, so that explains a few things.’
‘Success is commemorated; failure merely remembered’
‘For The Imperium!’
‘All hail the almighty Regis!.... and Lisa Hayes!

Posted: 26 June 2007 10:31 AM   [ # 265 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-06-15

And I was thinking that the sentinels suck, but whit this information I change my mind.
¡Los sentinelas son re-fantasma locoooooooooo!!!!!!!

Signature 

No matter who we are, what we do, or where we from, we allways being part of something larger them ourselves “Robotech”.

Posted: 31 May 2009 09:07 PM   [ # 266 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2003-09-16

Now and then I bump this to the top for the newbies.

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2009 01:02 AM   [ # 267 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43240
Joined  2001-02-16

Why?

Would it not have been better to start a new thread, and link it to this one?

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 01 June 2009 01:26 AM   [ # 268 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2003-09-16

Why?

Would it not have been better to start a new thread, and link it to this one?

This thread isn’t so much as a discussion about the Sentinels, but rather a summary of what the original plans were for the Sentinels.  If a newcomer wishes to know more beyond the very limited Sentinels section on this site, or the DVD, then they can read this thread.  Starting an entirely new thread linked to this one would defeat the purpose because the infomation on the Sentinels is already detailed here.

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2009 06:47 PM   [ # 269 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08

Kazianna

You win a prize for mentioning her first! 

I love Kazianna Hesh!

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 01 June 2009 07:22 PM   [ # 270 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08

Breetai’s son, Drannin, is born to the Zentraedi Kazianna Hesh.

Best thing McKinney ever did!

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

‹ First  < 16 17 18
18 of 18