Password   forgot password?
 1 2 > 
1 of 2
Good lord Metal Gear Solid 3 is like being addicted to something illegal
Posted: 24 November 2004 01:44 PM  
Site Admin
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2001-01-25

I was up until 6AM last night playing MGS3 and being unable to put down the controller because of the intriguing storyline :(

It’s 1964, and you’re sent into Russia to help a Soviet nuclear scientist defect. You locate him and find out that he was working on a nuclear tank and that it’s going to be used in a coup by a Russian faction. As you’re about to leave with the scientist in tow, you get intercepted by a traitor, get your butt handed to you in an incredibly dramatic battle, and then just barely escape by falling hundreds of feet off a bridge into a rushing rapid. Downriver, you attempt to recover from the broken rib, broken arm and multiple lacerations, on top of the emotional trauma of being betrayed by a close friend, when you witness a nuclear explosion on the horizon.

After these 3 hours of gameplay, THEN the opening credits roll, to a James-Bond-esque music video.

MY GOD this game is amazing.

Posted: 24 November 2004 01:51 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Site Admin
Joined  2001-01-25

So far the hilight of the game is a sniper duel between you and a 100 year old hunter named The End. You’re in a huge jungle that probably covers several acres of land. You’re crawling on your belly, inches at a time to try to spot him before he spots you. And what happens? After you’ve been sitting in the same spot for 20 minutes, peeking through thermal goggles and stealthily waving a directional microphone around to listen for his breathing, you hear footsteps coming nearby and you turn around to find him standing above you with his rifle aimed right at your noggin.

Posted: 24 November 2004 04:34 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1667
Joined  2001-08-08

ive only played of bit of it since i got it but today im gonna really start the game off.

theres like so much to do and fakin’ your death is so cool [in the game !] , just an amazing game.

Signature 

Cry me a river Build a bridge and Get over it!

People shouldn’t be afraid of the Government but, the government should be afraid of people.

Politicians are like diapers, you have to change them constantly and they’re full of the same thing.

Posted: 25 November 2004 12:13 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-08-08

did u find a shotgun and sniper rifle at the intro of the game?

hehe i had to like X all those soldiers who were holding the dr. haha

Signature 

People shouldn’t be afraid of the Government but, the government should be afraid of people.

Politicians are like diapers, you have to change them constantly and they’re full of the same thing.

Posted: 25 November 2004 05:36 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Site Admin
Joined  2001-01-25

shotgun yeah, but sniper rifle where?

I just beat The Sorrow. That really messed up my head and made me feel so guilty.

SPOILERS You’re walking SPOILERS through a swamp SPOILERS and along SPOILERS come the SPOILERS ghosts of SPOILERS everybody you killed SPOILERS in the game up to that point, SPOILERS and I mean everybody. So if you killed 250 soldiers, every single one SPOILERS of them shows up, SPOILERS and each of SPOILERS them is sporting the wounds SPOILERS that you gave them. SPOILERS Since I had a habit SPOILERS of slitting throats, SPOILERS almost all the SPOILERS ghosts had half their heads SPOILERS missing and were SPOILERS screaming in pain. Jeez, that was creepy.

Posted: 26 November 2004 09:31 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-08-08

im gonna have zombies with holes in their heads [im the headshot sniper kind of guy]

oh and the sniper gun is on the far right side of the map, its like after the screen where u go by the quicksand.

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2004 10:50 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-08-08

that fury dude was ez just sniping him and in close-range you need like a shotgun.

I cant wait to fight the sorrow now my kill count is like…..alot more

the end boss was soooo long! i kinda of messed up too trying to be all sneaky but at the end i would just fire a round let him shoot at me go to prone and just look for his scope.

Signature 

Posted: 27 November 2004 12:55 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Site Admin
Joined  2001-01-25

Finally beat The Boss.

Her back story blew my mind. It was really depressing :( but at the same time amazing @_@

Posted: 28 November 2004 01:45 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-08-08

i actually couldnt stop playing and fell asleep at 4:30am today.

volgin> argh! that guy i just hated that bullet blast.
But he was actually ez just using the m60! 500 bullets means X_x <

The boss> wow she was tough but after u get the feel for her she could be kind of ez.

I snipped most of the time with her and headshots take alot more out of her. [ u get 2 shots when u snipe her]

SPOILERS!!!

dude steve who do u think was talking at the end?? [phonecall]>>> ocelot?

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2004 07:21 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-08-08

STEVE!!!

check this out!!!

Nov. 25, 2004

To celebrate the release of MGS3 in North America, Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa will take part in signing events in Los Angeles on November 30, 2004 (US Pacific time).

Details of the two signing events are as follows:

http://www.konamijpn.com/mgs/english/news_041125.html

^^^link!!! 1’s in glendale and the other in city walk!

Signature 

Posted: 29 November 2004 10:04 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  1289
Joined  2001-02-16

How long did it take you guys to defeat it?

Signature 

Nothing more to see here, move along

Posted: 29 November 2004 10:18 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-08-08

19hrs for the 1st time but thats like with not doing all the *extras* it has.

Signature 

Posted: 29 November 2004 04:11 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Site Admin
Joined  2001-01-25

It took me about 20 hours as well.

Who was making the phone calls at the end? It was Ocelot.

SPOILERS Apparently SPOILERS he was the SPOILERS “ADAM” SPOILERS agent, since SPOILERS he was at the SPOILERS warehouse in the SPOILERS beginning and his real SPOILERS name was Adamska. SPOILERS I am also guessing he’s an SPOILERS Agent for the American SPOILERS branch of the Philosophers. SPOILERS

Now you know why Eva never knew the password when you first met her.

Now you know why The Boss kept letting you live.

Now you know why Big Boss became a rebel in the previous games.

SPOILERS It was really depressing SPOILERS that they pitted two close friends against each other SPOILERS and they were forced to fight to the death… over what? So SPOILERS that America could get their SPOILERS hands on a pile of money! SPOILERS

Also, throughout all of the games there’s a theme going on of soldiers being forced to kill their family and friends for the sake of politics. SPOILERS The Boss kills her lover, SPOILERS The Sorrow. SPOILERS Snake kills his mentor, The Boss, SPOILERS and becomes Big Boss. SPOILERS Solid Snake kills Big Boss SPOILERS not knowing that he was his father. SPOILERS Solid Snake kills Grey Fox. SPOILERS

So when The Boss tells you that your friends today might become your enemy in the future, it becomes clear by the end of the game what she was talking about.

SPOILERS I think when you face off SPOILERS against The Sorrow, SPOILERS he says something SPOILERS like “You will be killed by your sons” SPOILERS

Posted: 29 November 2004 10:11 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-08-08

***SPOILERS*********

Yup the sorrow did say that^

But now im wondering who was EVE ???? has to be a male but who???

ADAM=Ocelot> I kind of got that ‘hes a friend’ during the game and when u get to volgin fight, you know hes like on your side.

EVA’s was mmm mmm good [in video game hehe] what could happen here is that she could have a kid!!! [for like metal gear 5 or something raspberry]

I just love this game, rightnow im in the process of getting all the camos’.

**the motorcycle part of the game OMG SO COOL!!!!!***

Signature 

Posted: 30 November 2004 03:27 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Site Admin
Joined  2001-01-25

Went to the autographing event this morning, got a free limited edition poster signed and my copy of the game autographed by both Kojima and Shinkawa!

If you’re going to the Universal Citywalk signing this evening, I suggest you get there before 4PM.

SPOILERS Eva has a kid. SPOILERS She went to Hanoi, SPOILERS according to SPOILERS the ending credits. SPOILERS Who do we know SPOILERS from Metal Gear Solid 2 SPOILERS who is half Vietnamese? SPOILERS

Posted: 30 November 2004 08:45 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-08-08

STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool that u went this morning, i couldnt go….damn work!!!

^i shouldve of drop my copy off to hg. hahaha drat!

oh well’s

Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2