Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
What do you think of Outlaw Star?
Posted: 17 February 2001 08:05 PM  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  422
Joined  2001-02-15

It had its moments and Gean (Spelling?) was too cool, but at the end it made me want something more. Whats the concensus?

Posted: 17 February 2001 08:11 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2001-02-17

After watching the whole thing, I was left wanting more also. Its like, “is that it?” come on give me more. Hopefully they’ll make another series.

(By the way, it Jean. =p)

Signature 

“I say we dustoff and nuke it from orbit” Ripley

Posted: 17 February 2001 08:31 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2001-02-16

It was ok I quess. It could of had a little more action. what happened at the ending?

Signature 

Prepare to meet your DOOM!!!~ I just love saying that!

Posted: 17 February 2001 08:34 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2001-02-15

It doesn’t stand up to rival other series of this type like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.  Just a mock

Posted: 17 February 2001 09:30 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2001-02-17

Toonami skipped to many eps of outlaw and they cut so many eps from the series. The show completed yesterday on tonnami and when I saw how they tryed to censor things in it, I was about to fall over laughing at how bad they did at trying to censor it.

Signature 

“I have them stacked there (books) because they are perfect for my sleep. A hitokiri has no need for an education.”-Battousai from Kenshin OAV

Posted: 17 February 2001 10:02 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2001-02-15

Cartoon Network skipped only one episode of Outlaw Star: “Hot Springs Planet Tenrei”. Sean Atkins, Toonami’s programming director, said that that episode was cut because it was largely fan service and did little to advance the plot (although it did explain how Gene got the Caster shells he used in the final two eps).

I will agree that the edits were done in a rather haphazard manner, though. Tenchi and Gundam Wing were handled better, IMHO.

Posted: 17 February 2001 10:17 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2001-02-15

Really they only cut out one episode (23, I think)

The main charater was a cheap rip-off of Isamu Dyson from Macross Plus(the guy who did the voice of Millard was the narrator at the beginning.)  And what was up with the last episode.  I don’t see much along the lines of editing, but the series creators obviously decided to go about as far from reality as they could on it.

Overall, I saw nothing special about the show.  I wouldn’t mind watching it, but it’s pretty mundane.  The story was basic; there needs to be a little more of it.  So was the music.  Some of the fights were good, but so may just had Gean fire one round and that was that.

Posted: 17 February 2001 10:22 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2001-02-17

If you watched the 1st day when outlaw showed on cn, they started with the ep with Gene havning the outlaw. They skipped how they met melfina, hilda and susake (how ever you spell it).

And in my last post, i meant to say how they cut some scenes out of outlaw.

Signature 

“I have them stacked there (books) because they are perfect for my sleep. A hitokiri has no need for an education.”-Battousai from Kenshin OAV

Posted: 18 February 2001 04:48 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2001-02-15

I watched the first episode that CN showed, and it was the first episode, I have no idea what you saw, but they’ve showed everything but the springs episode.

Signature 

“It’s sad to say, but humans have their limitations. Oh they try to build up their bodies, raise their consciousness, but they can only go so far.
You must have a personal understanding of that now.” - Laucorn Gaudimos

Posted: 18 February 2001 06:37 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2001-02-16

Spelling probably incorrect, but what happened to them? I wanted a showdown between them and Gene! Also the cyborg Harry was pretty cool.

Signature 

“We are all Kosh.”
Vorlon to Captain Sheriden

Posted: 18 February 2001 04:38 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2001-02-16

Personally I really liked the ending because it left alot open and it did leave more to be desired. I guess I only feel that way because I’m a fanfic writer and it leaves so many openings = D

As for episode skipping they only skipped the ONE episdoe. Trust me, when I watch anime on tv I do so religiously, never missing an episode and doing research to find out what I’m missing. As for the editing, it was done pretty well until the end when Harry was bloody and the did some poor editing. Also Melfina’s outfit would have been a bit more believeable it it had a balck outline around it. They made the same mistake with the Tenchi editing.

Signature 

“There is nothing more beautiful than the hearts of those who fight for what they believe.”

Posted: 20 February 2001 10:35 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2001-02-16

well I think that Outlaw star was great i really like, and the ending was good to, Jean thought that evryone left him alone, but everyone can back, and I think that left a chance for a sencond part.

Signature 

“Hey, don’t blame me, blame the guy next to me”

Posted: 20 February 2001 11:51 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2001-02-20

Toonami did a very bad job with the whole thing. So i must say see it on DVD.

Signature 

“Like a Phantom I’m on your six with you in my sights!”