Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Gundam
Posted: 17 February 2001 05:53 PM  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2001-01-30

Ok, somebody had to do this!  An anime discussion board and no topic on gundam?!  I love Gundam almost as much as I love Robotech, especially the original from the 70’s.  I know there were some gundam fans among the beta testers, so how about some of you new guys?

Signature 

Do people still read these? I haven’t been on the boards in such a long time….

Posted: 17 February 2001 05:55 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2001-01-30

but you know it is one of the greatest animes there is!  You really have to love the designs as well.  My favorite is the Gundam G-4.  That is the best one I think.  ~Kyle

Signature 

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

I don’t belong to this squadron (points) nor that one (points again)  but I’m a proud slave to Mir, who recieves cookies, and follower of TPS.

Posted: 17 February 2001 05:58 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2001-02-17

After watching Gundam Wing, and seeing parts of the original Gundam series… I’ve grown to love it. Oh, by the way… Cartoon Network has decided to show both the original & Mobile Suit 008th team sometime this year!! Pretty cool huh?

Since Robotech is gone, Gundams been my new fix…

Signature 

“I say we dustoff and nuke it from orbit” Ripley

Posted: 17 February 2001 06:04 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2001-01-30

the G-4 was kewl, but my all-time fav has to be the Guncannon, then the RX-78-2 Gundam, then the GP02A Zephrantes and the full vernian option. 

I dunno, but for some reason I just gotta go with the most guns,  I mean, cannons on the shoulders (other than the guntank) was cool.  I guess it fueled my liking for H-arms too, and all the other Guncannon like variants.

Signature 

Do people still read these? I haven’t been on the boards in such a long time….

Posted: 17 February 2001 06:15 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2001-02-17

I follow a lot of anime and grew up with Robotech when I was little but the whole Gundam universe has to be hands down my favorite. The concepts and designs are always incredible. One thing I’ve always wanted to see is a Veritech fighter go hand to hand with a Gundam (your choice).

Signature 

From the ashes, there will rise a great hero. And you will know him. He will be herald not by his name, face or words, but by his deeds and actions. And you will know him for he is you.

Posted: 17 February 2001 06:18 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2001-01-30

I love Gundam! I think the gundams themselves are really awesome, I mean, with each of them having their special features and what not. And the storyline ain’t that bad either. Cool.

Signature 

All we are is dust in the wind.

Posted: 17 February 2001 06:24 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2001-01-30

I see where you are coming from.  I like the most power available and distributed the quickest.  While gundams like your choice do have lots of power, they can’t equal in one shot of that of very large guns.  With the whole gun thing, I like the Wing Zero next, but I don’t care for the looks of Wing Zero Custom.  Bigger the better in my opinion!!  ~Kyle

Signature 

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

I don’t belong to this squadron (points) nor that one (points again)  but I’m a proud slave to Mir, who recieves cookies, and follower of TPS.

Posted: 17 February 2001 08:23 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  422
Joined  2001-02-15

The Gundam stories are good but Robotech’s shear depth, continuaty, and more lovible characters make it the better of the two. Still, Gundam probaly did influence the creation of RT, so it gets props. Endless Waltz was nutz!!! Heero’s Custum Zero was awesome!

Posted: 17 February 2001 08:50 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2001-02-15

My favorite Gundam series: Gundam Z and ZZ.  everything else is crap, even Gundam W (49 episodes with no real plot). But, in my opinion Macross is higher due in part to the valkyries and the SDF-1, the plot is also very original and the japanese songs are just clasic (Gundam didnĀ“t have songs).  My fav suit: Gundam RX-78-2

Posted: 17 February 2001 08:59 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2001-02-16

Although I have only seen Gundam Wing and none of the others I would like to.  The most recent news I have read is that Cartoon Network is putting it back on March 12.  Only there is a downfall it is only going to be the edited version.  What I tried to do the last round they did was do what my dad di with Robotech and record it off of TV.  I have all but I missed some of the beggings of some and I hope to catch them again.  I even started to collect Gundam Wing models becuse of it.  My favorite Gundams are in this order: first the Wings, Then Dethcythhell, Deathcyth, Then Sandrock, Heavyarms, Then Alton,and finally Shenlong.

Signature 

“People are mostly stupid and hateful and cruel to one another but—hell; let’s save the world’s *** anyway.  It’s better than being bored.”
-Rook

Posted: 17 February 2001 09:06 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2001-01-30

Man, I have seen a lot of the Gundam series, from Wing, X, G, Z, ZZ, Mobile suit gundam, and 0080 and 0083. I think the Full armored can whoop all the other gundams, personally

Signature 

LA-z BoYz Philosophy= Never Lift a Finger

Posted: 18 February 2001 07:36 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2001-02-17

i have watched several gundam series and that turned me on to the entire robotech universe. so gundam was my gate way show .

Posted: 20 March 2001 11:54 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2001-02-26

I have watched gundam for years I liked Mobile suit Gundam better than Gundam wing. My favorite gundam is probably a tie between Psycho MK3 and Deathscythe…. What do yall think about those two. I also agree with grae….

Signature 

A mans only true freedom is to make his own decision…...

‹‹ Best anime spaceship      Trigun ››