Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
ulyssees 2021
Posted: 28 February 2001 04:16 AM  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2001-02-18

does anyone remember this series? it was shown on the abc (australian) in the early eighties around the time of the first showing of the mysterious cities of gold(another great series that i would sacrifice vital body parts for a copy of!). i think that ulyssees 2021 is the correct name i am not sure - please help me, the images of the show are in my mind but for the love of all that is good i cannot, repeat cannot, remember any of the story. if anyone can remember anything at all please post a response. cheers

Signature 

“to be a teacher and a leader of mankind you must first live as all men” - nkm

Posted: 28 February 2001 05:26 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2001-02-27

I remember the show- I’m not sure though whether it was anime. Giver the long, continuous story arc (very similar to Star Blazers), I reckon it may have been ( it has that same epic feel).

From memory it was on just before inspector Gadget (I think). The story was a science fiction adaptation of Homer’s Odyssey- an ancient greek myth (I’ve got a feeling its the one with the cyclops).

The only images I can remember from the show are the crew of this ship being held suspended animation on the bridge of Ulysses’ ship (they’re all floating in mid air). I can also hum about a bar of the opening theme, and I’‘m sure that Ulysses had long haiir and a red beard.

Thats all I remember for now. I’m glad that someone else remembers this show coz I dont know anyone else who can. I’m no scholar of the ancient Greek world so I’m not going to sign off 100%  on the origins of the story ( I’m pretty positive though that its from the Odyssey ).

Signature 

“I’ve got more action than my man John Woo… And I’ve got mad hits like I was Rod Carew”.

Posted: 28 February 2001 09:47 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2001-02-17

It always came on at a crappy hour of the morning; just like some of today’s good shows. Alot of what K-moto said is pretty right too… Other than those few bits I don’t remember anything else… sorry…

Signature 

“I say we dustoff and nuke it from orbit” Ripley

Posted: 28 February 2001 10:57 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  1953
Joined  2001-02-16

Even though I only saw one episode of Ulysses 31. Yes, it was anime and went by the same title.

Signature 

Banned For Trolling

Posted: 01 March 2001 04:03 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2001-02-18

thanx for the postings. k-moto i think you may well be on target.

Signature 

“to be a teacher and a leader of mankind you must first live as all men” - nkm

‹‹ Escaflowne      Favorite ladies of anime ››