Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2
2 of 2
Transformers vs. G.I. Joe
Posted: 23 February 2001 04:07 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2001-02-16

alright, both G.I. Joe movie and Transformers movie were animated by Japanese but there were Americans to assist them in doing it the right way.  Any idiot can plainly see that G.I. Joe is American, I just looked at your so called “credits” and found only one Japanese name, sort of.  His name was David Shin.  Everyone else was American.  And guess what !  The creative director was Jay Bacal.  Now let’s go into fantasy land for a second, if the Japanese did animate Transformers or G.I. Joe DONT YOU FREAKIN THINK THE ANIMATORS WOULD BE JAPANESE ?!?!  Well they aren’t smart guy.  G.I. Joe is 100% American, not a single jap in sight, that is until the movie but that was as close as they ever got.  And Transformers were not animated by Japanese either, I just looked at the credits two seconds ago and there are zero Japanese.  They don’t come in until the 3rd season and that’s when we sold them the rights.  and I just checked on the G.I. Joe movie animation, the real animators supervised the Japanese to make sure they were doing it right.  And the animation supervisor was Brian Ray.  You need Japanese animators to have a Japanese cartoon, right ?  And my statements are not claims, they are facts.  I know this stuff because I am a real hardcore fan on both AMERICAN cartoons.  I love this arguing stuff, especially the way that people claim American cartoons are Japanese when it is so freaking obvious it’s american.  I got hours and hours of more proof if you need it.

Signature 

“There is no Peter, only Zuul.”

Posted: 23 February 2001 04:24 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-16

all the information that I provided in my previous posts came directly from the guys that made it.  And in G.I. Joe’s case, that information came from the guys that own it.

Signature 

Posted: 23 February 2001 04:50 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-16

are the people that believe G.I. Joe is Japanese from Canada ?  I’m not saying Canadians are idiots but it’s hard to know where something was from when you don’t live in that country.  It’s just a question.

Signature 

Posted: 23 February 2001 04:55 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-16

don’t go complaining if I’m posting too much.  There is just way too much information to show you.  I just looked at the Official G.I. Joe Cartoon website and it plainly says that DIC and Sunbow ARE animation studios and again, THEY ARE AMERICAN !

Signature 

Posted: 23 February 2001 08:03 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  1953
Joined  2001-02-16

No, I’m not Canadian.
Actually for an even different arguement, if you want to get technical, any cartoon is anime since anime is short for animation. If you look at any Japanese magazine, they put the anime label on anything that is animated. Example, last year’s Titan AE is listed as a Fox Anime, Disney movies get called Disney Anime, etc.

It was kind of fun getting you going, though! ^_^

Signature 

Banned For Trolling

Posted: 24 February 2001 12:50 AM   [ # 21 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2001-02-18

I was just thinking the same thing myself, Beltane70

Good stuff. Yes, anime is a contraction for animation, just as manga is a contraction for magazine.  =)

Signature 

“If he gets up…
  We’ll all get up…
    It’ll be ANARCHY!!!”

-Judd Nelson ( The Breakfast Club )

Posted: 24 February 2001 05:29 AM   [ # 22 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2001-01-30

I don’t know about this whole anime or not anime business, but I just wanted to say that I like the Transformers better ‘cause I like the whole robot thing and Optimus Prime rocked. Yay.

Signature 

All we are is dust in the wind.

Posted: 24 February 2001 09:59 AM   [ # 23 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1665
Joined  2001-02-17

I NEVER SAID GIJOE WAS ANIME!AND LOOK AT ALL THE MOVIE CREDITS DUMB%^$% NOT JUST WHERE ITS SAYS STORY BOARD WRITERS. ALL I SAID WAS GIJOE WAS ANIMATED IN JAPAN WITCH IS TRUE. DIC AND SUNBOW ARE MOSTLY DISTRIBUTORS NOT STUDIOS GUESS WHAT ELSE WAS DISTRUBUTED BY DIC SPACE KNIGHT TEKKAMAN CALLED TEKNOMAN HERE. HOW THE F@#^ DID THIS ARGUMENT START ANYWAY? THIS WAS SUPOSED TO BE WHAT SHOW DO YOU THINK WAS BETTER!

Signature 

Chalmers: Okay, what did you do to this?
Wolff: Emergency repair procedure number one.
Chalmers: You kicked it?“The gutter in here is wide and deep… and all seem to be in it…”-HT

Posted: 24 February 2001 03:57 PM   [ # 24 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1980
Joined  2001-01-30

Remember, it’s just a TV show.

Signature 

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Posted: 03 March 2001 11:11 AM   [ # 25 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2001-02-16

tf is way older then i am. but i have seen what came before optimus prime and megatron. thise were cool. but prime and company are still the best. my fav was the five costruction decepticons (sorry been a while since i last saw those eps.)

< 1 2
2 of 2
‹‹ Akira      Escaflowne ››