Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
New Tenchi OVA???
Posted: 21 February 2001 07:13 PM  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2001-02-16

I read somewhere that the Tenchi Muyo OVA is gettign mroe episodes.  If anyone has any, could you pelase psot your information?

Signature 

Rats line On nO evil staR

Posted: 21 February 2001 08:07 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2001-02-15

They are making a new oav to finish off the original oav. And yes it IS the same continuity. With tenchi you never can be too sure.

Posted: 21 February 2001 08:33 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2001-02-16

They said they’re finally going to reveal who Tenchi chooses.

Signature 

“There is nothing more beautiful than the hearts of those who fight for what they believe.”

Posted: 21 February 2001 09:44 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2001-01-30

But that rumor’s been circulating for years, now and nothing’s ever come of it.
Yes, it would be cool, but I’m not holding my breath any more.

I first heard that old rumor way back in 1997…

Berz.

Signature 

Berzerker_prime"How about a cross-genre story, one that brings Jack Bauer to the Realms to ‘question’ Volo about his sources?” - Elaine Cunningham.

Posted: 22 February 2001 04:52 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2001-02-15

Since I’m a fan of Ryoko…I hope that they get together. Aiyeka is too whiny for me…Tenchi needs a woman with spunk. I think the irony of him finally being with a creature who started off as being an unstoppable evil enemy is so cool. I mean whoda thunk…when Tenchi first released Ryoko that they would become so close.

Signature 

This Robotech thing is so exciting I just couldn’t give it up. It just gets in your blood or something

Posted: 22 February 2001 07:31 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2001-02-16

One of the creators officially announced it and even gave an interview on it. You can read the news article about it here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=38

And the interview can be found here…

Part One: http://www.anime-int.com/e/interviewpage/index_k.html

Unfortunately I can’t find part two :(

Oh well, you’ll get an understanding from the first part and see that it’s not a rumor.

Signature 

“There is nothing more beautiful than the hearts of those who fight for what they believe.”

Posted: 22 February 2001 08:16 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  198
Joined  2001-01-30

Washu-chan is much cooler than Ryoko! Tenchi needs someone with brains (he lacks in that department) and I think Washu is just the ticket. Actualy, Tenchi can have Ryoko, that leaves Washu for me, hee hee hee

Signature 

Many of my friends are girls, if only they were aliens too….
Got Faeries? Get Raid. Kills. Faeries. Dead.
And lastly, please go to my site at http://www.cothar.com

Posted: 22 February 2001 09:47 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2001-02-17

It seems that they always illuded that Tenchi will eventually choose Hasami (sp).  Personally, Ryoko would be the better choice, but if you want to consider Tenchi’s liniage then there is someone who would be better.

Signature 

...yeeessssss. Glorious!

Posted: 22 February 2001 10:46 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2001-02-18

If I was Tenchi I would go with Kiyone or Tsunami. Unfortunately this means he would have to wait for Sasami to get older, so that leaves the logical choice to be Ryoko, with Wasshu bringin’ a close second. wink

Signature 

“If he gets up…
  We’ll all get up…
    It’ll be ANARCHY!!!”

-Judd Nelson ( The Breakfast Club )

Posted: 22 February 2001 10:59 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  1289
Joined  2001-02-16

It was my understading, That when they did the last movie, Tenchi Forever, that it would tie everything up.  They were going to lay Tenchi to rest after that

Signature 

Nothing more to see here, move along

Posted: 22 February 2001 08:15 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2001-01-30

Tenchi Muyo in Love 2 (AKA Tenchi Forever) was wrapping up a story line, but it only wraped up one of the three they have out there.  It was supposed to be one of the TV series, although I couldn’t tell you which one, based on the movie itself.  The OAV’s and whichever TV series they didn’t close up with that movie are still open.  The OAV’s were, quite obviously, meant to go further and they just always left it open.  The whole thing about Tsunami, Washu, and Tokimi, for example… the exposing scene of which Toonami left out, mysteriously…
For anyone who hasn’t seen it, Tokimi had a line, musing to herself, something of to this effect:
“I wonder why both my sisters have come here.”
And she was looking at silhouettes of Tsunami and Washu.

Berz.

Signature 

Berzerker_prime"How about a cross-genre story, one that brings Jack Bauer to the Realms to ‘question’ Volo about his sources?” - Elaine Cunningham.

Posted: 19 March 2001 11:45 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  516
Joined  2001-02-17

I read in an interview that Tenchi Forever would be the last of the Tenchi storyline. In the end it is not directly stated but his final choice is shown through a series of Tenchi episode flashbacks. In the end it hints that he ended up with the only one to finally return to him. That person being Ryoko. If they are ever going to do another series or movie, (which I will have to see to believe)then I want to see one that takes place years later. One with Tenchi and Ryoko’s child. If it is a boy, he could be as free spirited as his mother and as loyal and as powerful as his father.(A combination of Tenchi’s and Ryoko’s powers would make this kid awesome.) He would be like an outcast on earth,(not ever really fitting in with anybody) and could fight some great fight for Sasami(who by then would have become Tsunami.) Now that would be cool. He could become the next crowned king of Jurai. The whole gang could reunite and old challenges could begin again. Imagine how these characters would be in there 30’s. (Some of them may still be their old crazy selves.) But in the end the story would be a next generation line. That would be really really cool. Is anyone that owns Tenchi reading this????? Does anyone out there agree with me???:-)

Signature 

Thou shall not fall
Thou shall not die
Thou shall not fear
Thou shall not kill

‹‹ BUBBLE GUM CRISIS NEW VS. OLD      Akira ››