Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Ranma 1/2
Posted: 17 February 2001 05:02 PM  
Corporal
Total Posts:  198
Joined  2001-01-30

one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen, the characters were briliant, Hopposai, Akane, Ukyo, Tendo, all of them, one of the few animes I actualy related to the characters in.

Signature 

Many of my friends are girls, if only they were aliens too….
Got Faeries? Get Raid. Kills. Faeries. Dead.
And lastly, please go to my site at http://www.cothar.com

Posted: 17 February 2001 05:36 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1980
Joined  2001-01-30

My favorite character is Tendou Nabiki. She is so cool that I made a little one page shrine about her:

http://members.nbci.com/yota_kun/nabiki.htm

I haven’t updated in a while but that’s pretty much all the info I could get on her at the time.

Signature 

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Posted: 17 February 2001 08:41 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  198
Joined  2001-01-30

the girl Tendo, I only know them by the family name, I feel so ashamed. Hopposai is funny, I liked him in the OAV episode with that ogre, “And in recent news, two Giant monsters have been raveging the coast of California” and it shows Happosai throwing flames out of his mouth. And how Ranma made all those wards, but forgot one little stroke so they didn’t work, I find it incredibly strange that you are the only other Ranma fan I’ve found ‘round here Rand.

Signature 

Many of my friends are girls, if only they were aliens too….
Got Faeries? Get Raid. Kills. Faeries. Dead.
And lastly, please go to my site at http://www.cothar.com

Posted: 17 February 2001 09:02 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2001-02-15

I have seen the whole series, the movies and the OVAs.  It is one of my favorite series although not all the episodes are great.  The only thing that I didn´t like was the series ending…it doesn´t have any, not even in the OVAs of the movies!

Posted: 17 February 2001 09:15 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  638
Joined  2001-01-30

And I find that out of four Ranma 1/2 fans (including myself), three are Rands.

Cool.

Tendou Nabiki is the middle Tendou.  The one with brown hair and a mercenary attitude.

I’ve only seen the first two seasons, maybe a dozen episodes of the third season, the movies, and the OAVs, but I do have most of the graphic novels up to 12.

Signature 

“When they ran out of ships, they used guns.  When they ran out of guns, they used knives and sticks and their bare hands.  They were magnificent.”

Posted: 17 February 2001 09:42 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2001-01-30

3 out of 4 Ranma fans use Rand Icons.

FASCINATING!

Signature 

“There is no beauty in the flower that is not shared.”
- Myself

MEMBER #3 OF THE KARAOKE MAFIA

Posted: 18 February 2001 12:18 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1980
Joined  2001-01-30

but then I got used to the voices after a while and I actually think sometimes it’s funnier when it’s dubbed. So about half of my Ranma 1/2 videos are dubs. Ranma 1/2 is so kawaii. I wish they would make more movies for it or a new series.

Signature 

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Posted: 18 February 2001 02:18 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  186
Joined  2001-02-17

i’ve only seen part of the series.  i haven’t seen anything past when the episodes first take place in winter.  how much more is there?

Posted: 18 February 2001 02:27 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2001-02-16

Just so you all know, other pics are used by Ranma 1/2 fans…..

I even had a Ranma site, but I took it down.  No time to pay attention to it.  Maybe after this year…...

Signature 

The First Thing You Should Realize Is That I Have Already Won.

Posted: 18 February 2001 04:45 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2001-02-16

I haven’t seen much of the series but I have read all of the manga. I’m proud of the copy I have of issue #3 which is in color ^_^ I just wish I could get my hands on a number one!

Signature 

“There is nothing more beautiful than the hearts of those who fight for what they believe.”

Posted: 19 February 2001 07:35 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2001-01-30

>>one of the few animes I actualy related to the characters in.

So does something interesting happen when you are splashed with cold water, or do you have multiple fiancees squabbling over you?  Inquiring minds want to know!

I have heard rumors of Ranma TV finally starting release on DVD later this year…my Ranma purchases have trailed off since there’s been so much cool stuff released on DVD for a while, and I’d rather buy DVD.  Something about season 6 dual release on VHS and DVD, but I hope they re-release earlier seasons too (only got to the beginning of season 3 so far).

Quat(s)

Posted: 21 February 2001 12:15 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2001-02-16

Loved the anime.  At first one of my friends told me the storyline and I thought it was stupid till I saw my first episode.  I couldn’t stop laughing!  I just can’t wait till they put the ending in OVA form.  I’ve read the comic book of it but really want to see it animated.

Posted: 23 February 2001 09:31 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2001-02-18

Ok, here goes…
Completing the Ranma anime series/movies/OVAs was my first real anime collecting quest.
All told Ranma Nibbun no Ichi has 162 episodes in the regular series of which I have only episodes 1-158 ( thought I had completed it, but I recently found out I was mistaken )
20 OAVs and 2 movies

I enjoyed the series much more than I ever imagines I would, and incidentally this is where my obsession with Megumi Hayashibara comes from ( she did girl-type Ranma’s voice in the japanese version ).

The manga series ended oddly ( and if I may be so bold, rather poorly.  The damned fool is worse than Masaki Tenchi when it comes to pickin’ a girl he likes ).  The series ending manga was supposed to the conclusion of Ranma and Akane’s wedding but it was crashed by Genma, Mousse, Ryoga and Soun, who were under mind control from Shampoo who ordered them to stop the wedding.  She gained mind control over them when she used an ancient chinese artifact ( from over 2000 years of ancient chinese amazon history, hehe ). The artifact was a magic egg.  If the holder of the egg threw it at you and it hits you, the magic from the egg surrounds you and you fall helplessly in love with the egg’s wielder.  As you can imagine Shampoo tried desperately to hit Ranma with the egg.  She failed to hit Ranma but she did hit Genma, Mousse, Ryoga and Soun in her many attempts to capture young Ranma’s heart.
Bah! I’m rambling… Anyways, seeing their wedding being destroyed they decide that they didn’t really want to be married anyway and run off into to sunset. And that was the end…
Now for a Ranma fan a HUGE as I, that was a bitter disappointment. But it in no way diminished my love for the series as a whole.

Whew, that was quite a post from one such as myself, I hope it shed some light =)

Signature 

“If he gets up…
  We’ll all get up…
    It’ll be ANARCHY!!!”

-Judd Nelson ( The Breakfast Club )

Best anime spaceship ››