Posted: 03 March 2023 12:27 AM   [ # 31 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2001-04-07
Megalord1 - 04 February 2023 10:15 PM
ionian - 04 February 2023 11:39 AM
Megalord1 - 04 February 2023 12:00 AM
ionian - 01 February 2023 10:27 PM

Lol I’m just happy I found a thread with actual members!  I’ve been wandering around here and I feel like it’s just me and the spambots!  It’s great to see a sign of life somewhere on this forum.

Henh… I f you can call it that…

To be honest I don’t remember the forum going back up.  I used to be around on the old black and blue forum but when that got killed, that was that.  I don’t remember when they brought it back.  It was a shame they killed it off - to think how excited I was that I had managed to get my 5000 points and get access to the officer’s mess.

*Laughs…*
That was the goal of almost everyone, who wasn’t an officer, to get to the rank and find out what was there (not that there was much from what I remember back then).

Lol it was kind of anti-climatic if I remember.  I thought it’d be a peek behind the curtain or something like that haha

It was just like one of the other boards, just with less people posting

Signature 

“...For every man who has ever lived, in this universe, there shines a star.”
  -Arthur C. Clarke

Posted: 08 March 2023 01:43 PM   [ # 32 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2001-02-17

Hello fellow veterans. Nice to see some of you posting in our old RT site.
Robotech is just sad now and that hurts me deeply because when I was a kid I lived and breathed in this universe.
Really hope something new might come out before I leave this world.

Signature 

“MyGod! It’s full of stars!”
Proud ‘85er

Posted: 19 March 2023 12:24 AM   [ # 33 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43402
Joined  2001-02-16
billxl - 08 March 2023 01:43 PM

Hello fellow veterans. Nice to see some of you posting in our old RT site.
Robotech is just sad now and that hurts me deeply because when I was a kid I lived and breathed in this universe.
Really hope something new might come out before I leave this world.

Hello billxl. I agree with you about the ‘sad state of this website’. It’s become a haven for spambots. Like you, I’ve been a fan of Robotech since it came out in 1985. I was 13 back then, now I’m in my early 50s. As for seeing anything new in the near future, I’m not holding my breath. HG has gone too long between projects. The failure of: Robotech II the Sentinels, the movie Robotech: The Untold Story, the Robotech: Academy Kickstarter, the (apparent) cancelation of Robotech: Shadow Rising, and the seemingly ‘going nowhere’ Robotech: Live Action Movie project; doesn’t give me any real optimism for Robotech’s future. The books and various comics are all in the past now, with nothing on the horizon. Quite frankly, this website (and Robotech in general) is pretty much dead.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 19 April 2023 06:55 PM   [ # 34 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  862
Joined  2005-02-25

I think that by this point and from seeing the “new” forum site is encouraging but when I saw topics on the main page that had nothing to do with Robotech and hearing of spam bots I think many Robotech vets may be right though there are reruns it has been a very long time since the original announcement for the LAM and nothing in the meantime Super Mario Bros has come out and has righted the Francise since the 1993 movie though I have moved on I did see on Ebay that the original cells for Robotech are up on there

Signature 

LT Masterson
VF-751 Black Flame
UES-Repulse Battle Group
11th Fleet, Jupiter Division
Unban Jolly Rogers Movement Founder

Posted: 22 April 2023 02:58 AM   [ # 35 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

I’m not holding my breath for anything new regarding Robotech.

We’ve been waiting for over 15 years now for a continuation (seriously, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles came out in 2007).

Stalled/canceled projects, no new comics, and the seemingly ‘going nowhere’ RLAM: my skepticism is understandable.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 22 April 2023 11:20 AM   [ # 36 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2005-02-25

My feeling is that even if they did push out
the live action movie it’s too little too late

Signature 

LT Masterson
VF-751 Black Flame
UES-Repulse Battle Group

Posted: 22 April 2023 10:22 PM   [ # 37 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Although I have no proof; other then the ‘revolving door’ of who’s involved, and the years that’ve gone by (with little to show for it), I think that this whole ‘RLAM’ project is/was nothing more then a ‘red haring’.

Started by those who wanted HG to lose the rights to Macross.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 23 April 2023 08:32 AM   [ # 38 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2005-02-25

True my old friend and even though in 2021 they worked out a deal I just have no faith in a live action movie the only thing that gets me is just who is buying the merch from Crunchyroll?

Signature 

LT Masterson
VF-751 Black Flame
UES-Repulse Battle Group

Posted: 25 April 2023 03:23 PM   [ # 39 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2001-02-22
Megalord1 - 22 April 2023 10:22 PM

Although I have no proof; other then the ‘revolving door’ of who’s involved, and the years that’ve gone by (with little to show for it), I think that this whole ‘RLAM’ project is/was nothing more then a ‘red haring’.

That is a very interesting thought! As when it was announce Robotech had just come out with Shadow Chronicles and in my humble opinion was a small success to get the Brand back out there. Then as you mentioned the RLAM was strung out like a carrot and they went for the bite. Put Shadow Chronicles on the shelves and have never looked back. =\  Sabotage HG without them even catching on. What a interesting theory. But considering how long we been waiting it makes sense. I just hope, if ever made I get to see it.

Posted: 25 April 2023 06:20 PM   [ # 40 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2005-02-25
mr_explicit - 25 April 2023 03:23 PM

That is a very interesting thought! As when it was announce Robotech had just come out with Shadow Chronicles and in my humble opinion was a small success to get the Brand back out there. Then as you mentioned the RLAM was strung out like a carrot and they went for the bite. Put Shadow Chronicles on the shelves and have never looked back. =\  Sabotage HG without them even catching on. What a interesting theory. But considering how long we been waiting it makes sense. I just hope, if ever made I get to see it.

I say we do a little more Investigating we owe to ourselves at least https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEfA9GccfWI

I do Know However over the years HG has been in a slew of Lawsuits and lost $42 million that certainly didn’t help them though they won some they made a lot of enemies
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=syndic8&hsimp=yhs-peopletab2&p=Harmony+Gold+lawsuits&type=sourceAUD35

Signature 

LT Masterson
VF-751 Black Flame
UES-Repulse Battle Group

Posted: 30 May 2023 09:22 PM   [ # 41 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
wgw214 - 25 April 2023 06:20 PM
mr_explicit - 25 April 2023 03:23 PM

I say we do a little more Investigating we owe to ourselves at least https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEfA9GccfWI

I do Know However over the years HG has been in a slew of Lawsuits and lost $42 million that certainly didn’t help them though they won some they made a lot of enemies
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=syndic8&hsimp=yhs-peopletab2&p=Harmony+Gold+lawsuits&type=sourceAUD35

Yeah right. Good luck on that one. It’s not like it will do any good now.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 18 September 2023 03:36 PM   [ # 42 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1980
Joined  2001-01-30

It’s 2085. Don’t miss the Robotech panel at San Diego Comic Con. Harmony Gold’s holo real estate office will announce the new upcoming Robotech neurocomics. How did you know they’re about Macross again?

Signature 

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Posted: 19 September 2023 12:16 AM   [ # 43 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

*Laughs…*

Henh…

Nice one…

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 08 October 2023 03:39 PM   [ # 44 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1980
Joined  2001-01-30

It’s 2,000,000,000,085. Most of the observable universe is now dark. Inside a photon, Harmony Gold’s real estate office has been allocated some energy to hold a panel about the latest studio assigned to the live action movie, which still hasn’t come out, as well as the new paper and pencil RPG book. They’re very excited about how active and alive Robotech is and thrilled to offer these products that remind them of their childhood in 1985.

Signature 

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Posted: 08 October 2023 11:19 PM   [ # 45 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

Henh….

Took you long enough….

Signature 

DOL member