Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
JAPAN IS AWESOME
Posted: 02 May 2005 08:32 AM  
Private
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-04-26

JAPAN HOW YOU RULES SO!  YOU BRING ANIME AND SEXY ANIME MEN TO EVERYONE!  OH JAPAN!!! ^_^

KETO OI BOWATIO SHISHIWANE MOJEPACHI!
(LOVE THE WORLD FOOLISH HUMAN)

Signature 

Sai sow yoti kimona shinoyatawa
(My the is my created language called Saifarin email me if you want to learn.  it means “Think not of your fears”)

Posted: 03 May 2005 12:01 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  1953
Joined  2001-02-16

I’m going there this coming Sunday!! Mwuhahahahaha!!!!

^_^

Signature 

Banned For Trolling

Posted: 03 May 2005 01:44 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2004-01-09

I knew that and I’ve never even been there.

Signature 

Mr. Flibble’s very cross.
-Arnold Rimmer

Posted: 04 May 2005 03:39 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2001-02-17

Actually, Japan is a really weird country; however, I do love ancient & well modern Japanese culture -> studied it in college :101:.

Signature 

“I say we dustoff and nuke it from orbit” Ripley

Posted: 04 May 2005 06:09 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2002-11-02

“PROMISE LAND” ^_^

been there in four occassion,  smile

Signature 

There’s No Harm In Trying
But After The Try There’s The Harm

Posted: 05 May 2005 08:43 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  205
Joined  2005-05-03

I think it would be nice to live in Japan, it does provide us with anime and beautiful bishoujo, it isnt really weird, they serve sushi which is raw fish, usually served on rice. I’m accustomed to eating with chopsticks, which is very handy if you dont have a fork or spoon. ^_^ I love what they do, and there are certain places I’d personally enjoy. ^_^ so much to do there, and it’s a LOT nicer than the USA, one reason, no gangbangers who speak an incoherent tounge that I found has high relation to many evils. please dont ask. I deal with a bunch of morons who thik they’re superrior because they cant speak english and get more welfare when single than a crippled widow with children.

Signature 

Khyron sees me in his nightmares attacking him with a lightsaber, scary huh?

Posted: 05 May 2005 11:52 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  2617
Joined  2004-09-14

Been there twice on tour, when I did live sound.

One word of advice: On the second trip, I decided to go out and get some authentic Japanese food. It was great, except for one thing. In certain parts of the country, there is a “delicacy” that involves a bowl of noodles. The noodles are left to rot for a while, then cooked and served, and it tastes great.

The problem is, if your body isn’t used to eating this, it’ll put you out of commission for 2 or 3 days.

The stage manager was not amused.  Neither was I… :|

Signature 

Semper Vigilans

MASTER STEEBU KNOWS ALL!

MM Triumverate!!

DARK HELMET of the Dark Fin /Tunasmith
Keeper of the Ancient Tuna of Chaos

RT.COM Birthday Sunshine Spreaders

“Don’t worry, Kid. You’ll get your 8!”

Stagehand with IATSE 74
Southwest Connecticut

Posted: 05 May 2005 05:24 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  205
Joined  2005-05-03

if I get served rotten noodles, I’ll get on the managers case. but I heard of a sumo place that I think if you compliment the owner, he’ll let you in for free. free sumo matches! Wrestling legend Mick Foley(Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love, also an awesome novelist) got his hardcore start in the Japenese Deathmatch, which is as Hardcore a match as possible, and what I know, pin or KO are your only options. barely any cars on the road, and I could get a girlfriend while I’m at it, maybe get married… but I’m getting ahead of myself.

Signature 

Khyron sees me in his nightmares attacking him with a lightsaber, scary huh?

Posted: 06 May 2005 07:18 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2001-12-13

I have been living here for 5 years now and this country is like most other countries. It has it’s ups and downs. I do honestly belive that if you were to be “in” the culture and not as an observer to it as most gaijin in Japan are that your opinion of Japan might not be so spectacular. I mean, I married a Japanese woman, learned the language and even got a black belt in Kyudo while I have been here. There are many aspects of this land that I love and cherish. But it has as much bad as good, like anywhere. Super corrupt government, overt racism, blanket denial of WWII to mention a few. But that being said, come visit. There are many wonderful things to see and do.

Signature 

Ubique!
Shout out to the brave men and women of the Canadian Armed Forces and to all our Allies.
Proud Member of the A.k.L
Flyboys get the glamour, groundpounders it done!

Posted: 07 May 2005 09:55 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2004-10-28

how I wish i could visit Japan…. not only for their anime and games… but also their culture, about their way of life and a lot of other things.. i mean i live in the Philippines and Japan is just three hours plane ride away.. BUT.. money!!  ;_;

Signature 

“Nothing Strenuous On Body And Mind.”

Posted: 11 May 2005 03:00 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  607
Joined  2001-03-09

That is one goal that I have.  I studied the language and the culture while I was in college.  Totemo omoshiroi desune!  A lot of schools offer study abroad programs and unfortunately for me, when I decided to go, it was too late.  But there are still plans in motion…  The culture will take some getting used to and there is an array of stuff, besides anime, that one can partake in. 

But like here, there are different areas with different standards of living.  So if you can afford to live in the bustling Metropolis of Tokyo, then I envy you.  smile

Signature 

REGARDS,
YearOfTheMonkey"Experience should fear the strength of youth” Proverb"Rashness brings success to few, misfortune to many”

*Hazukashi ku shinu yori ga mashi* -Kotowaza

“The usefulness of the cup is it’s emptiness” Bruce Lee

Posted: 05 April 2023 02:03 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2022-11-02

I completely agree with the author of this thread. I also want to visit Japan.

Posted: 05 April 2023 02:38 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2022-10-14

Thanks!!!