Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2 3 4 > 
2 of 4
RIP Robotech.
Posted: 09 January 2023 08:38 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1040
Joined  2002-03-10

It would be nice if the powers that be would clean this place and let us get back to communicating and bouncing ideas again. I also think that the tops need to be here and interacting with us.

Signature 

1st Lt: Apollo “Solo”
Demon #5
105th Airwing
Demon Squadron

72nd Airwing Dragon Squadron
2nd Lieutenant Solo
Dragon 5
Red Flight

Rear Admiral: Solo
Darkness 10
Legion of Darkness

Posted: 10 January 2023 09:10 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2001-05-10
Ranger Solo - 09 January 2023 08:38 PM

It would be nice if the powers that be would clean this place and let us get back to communicating and bouncing ideas again. I also think that the tops need to be here and interacting with us.

I think the clean up around here would be too daunting, too much for any one moderator to do. I think the best bet would be to archive the forums as is and start anew with a new moderated message board right from the beginning with a new TOU and anti-bot algorithms to help the admins moderate the forums.

Mav…

Signature 

That’s X-COM baby!

Posted: 16 January 2023 03:32 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2001-02-22

Wow!! A recent thread with Robotech fans. Going thru the first few threads was a downer.  You all were the bright spot. Glad to see some life =)

Posted: 17 January 2023 12:52 AM   [ # 19 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43402
Joined  2001-02-16
Maverick_LSC - 10 January 2023 09:10 PM

I think the clean up around here would be too daunting, too much for any one moderator to do. I think the best bet would be to archive the forums as is and start anew with a new moderated message board right from the beginning with a new TOU and anti-bot algorithms to help the admins moderate the forums.

Mav…

Perhaps a new message board and forum system could be done (with programs to keep out spammers), but I doubt that it will happen. Most fans had pretty much given up on the site even before it went down for redevelopment.

There’s just nothing for Robotech fans to get excited over these days. Long stalled/abandoned projects, no new comics, and the seemingly ‘going nowhere’ RLAM.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 18 January 2023 09:57 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2001-05-10
Megalord1 - 17 January 2023 12:52 AM
Maverick_LSC - 10 January 2023 09:10 PM

Mav…

Perhaps a new message board and forum system could be done (with programs to keep out spammers), but I doubt that it will happen. Most fans had pretty much given up on the site even before it went down for redevelopment.

There’s just nothing for Robotech fans to get excited over these days. Long stalled/abandoned projects, no new comics, and the seemingly ‘going nowhere’ RLAM.

It took me awhile but it dawned on me that there’s a way to have the Robotech fandom create fan films and other projects without invoking a cease and desist order from the associated intellectual property owners. I believe it’s also part of the reason the fandom is hesitant in returning back here as Robotech.com back in its heyday nurtured fan projects and creativity. Fans posted fan art, fan fiction and it helped spurred a sense of community. But with the Robotech property now sub-license to Sony and the resolved issue regarding clarification of IP rights amongst Big West, Tatsunoko and Harmony Gold has been settled.

There’s a sense of wait and see on Sony’s part in the revitalization of Robotech. And yes it’s concerning that it does seem that many of the projects seem to be in hiatus.

But what if… What if the fans decided to create projects that are not Robotech but INSPIRED by Robotech?

If the property rights are the issue, there’s nothing stopping fans creating wholly original works that are inspired by Robotech.

Here’s a link that you should check out;

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-influence-of-forbidden-planet-on-star-trek-and-star-wars/

If the Forbidden Planet was an inspiration for a whole host of sci-fi properties, why don’t fans create their own wholly original works and pay a nod in the opening credits with a disclaimer listing Robotech as a primary influence but not related or affiliated to the property.
This would allow fans to work out new designs, concepts and stories that would differ from Robotech as to not ensue a cease and desist but would allow their audience to see where the influence came from originally pointing them back here.

Just a thought, but it would be wonderful to acknowledge that Robotech has touched so many creators in their creations with a credit listing Robotech as a primary inspiration for their art!

Mav…

Signature 

That’s X-COM baby!

Posted: 19 January 2023 01:47 AM   [ # 21 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

It would be nice, but unfortunately I think most fans have largely given up on Robotech.

It’s just been too long, with little to show for it.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 22 January 2023 07:48 AM   [ # 22 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1980
Joined  2001-01-30

Harmony Gold won’t even let them use the names like Macross and Robotech or the character designs or mecha which motivates fans to keep working on them. Japanese IP law is also very restrictive. That said, I would love for some animators to become interested in Robotech and do something based on it.

Signature 

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Posted: 31 January 2023 04:42 PM   [ # 23 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2001-02-22

Has HG given any response about cleaning this site up? I wonder if the old admin emails still work?

Posted: 31 January 2023 09:39 PM   [ # 24 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
mr_explicit - 31 January 2023 04:42 PM

Has HG given any response about cleaning this site up? I wonder if the old admin emails still work?

Not as far as I know.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 01 February 2023 10:03 PM   [ # 25 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-01-30

I’ve been asking since 1987 “Okay, so, what is Robotech now?”

Signature 

get a job

Posted: 01 February 2023 10:27 PM   [ # 26 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2001-04-07

Lol I’m just happy I found a thread with actual members!  I’ve been wandering around here and I feel like it’s just me and the spambots!  It’s great to see a sign of life somewhere on this forum.

Signature 

“...For every man who has ever lived, in this universe, there shines a star.”
  -Arthur C. Clarke

Posted: 04 February 2023 12:00 AM   [ # 27 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
ionian - 01 February 2023 10:27 PM

Lol I’m just happy I found a thread with actual members!  I’ve been wandering around here and I feel like it’s just me and the spambots!  It’s great to see a sign of life somewhere on this forum.

Henh… I f you can call it that…

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 04 February 2023 11:39 AM   [ # 28 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2001-04-07
Megalord1 - 04 February 2023 12:00 AM

To be honest I don’t remember the forum going back up.  I used to be around on the old black and blue forum but when that got killed, that was that.  I don’t remember when they brought it back.  It was a shame they killed it off - to think how excited I was that I had managed to get my 5000 points and get access to the officer’s mess.

Signature 

“...For every man who has ever lived, in this universe, there shines a star.”
  -Arthur C. Clarke

Posted: 04 February 2023 10:15 PM   [ # 29 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
ionian - 04 February 2023 11:39 AM
Megalord1 - 04 February 2023 12:00 AM

To be honest I don’t remember the forum going back up.  I used to be around on the old black and blue forum but when that got killed, that was that.  I don’t remember when they brought it back.  It was a shame they killed it off - to think how excited I was that I had managed to get my 5000 points and get access to the officer’s mess.

*Laughs…*
That was the goal of almost everyone, who wasn’t an officer, to get to the rank and find out what was there (not that there was much from what I remember back then).

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 03 March 2023 12:16 AM   [ # 30 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-01-30

If I were Rick Hunter, I wouldn’t want to come back to a devastated Earth or be found by my stalker Scott Bernard.

Signature 

get a job

< 1 2 3 4 > 
2 of 4