Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
The energy company’s website does not allow me to pay bills online
Posted: 26 July 2021 03:02 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2020-07-04

I usually pay my electricity bills online via a computer. But today I can go to their website, log in to my account and see that I owe them a certain amount of money. However, when I click “pay” and get to the payments page, where I need to select the net banking option and the name of the bank, and then click “pay now”. I can choose a bank, but clicking the “pay now” button does not work. I mean, I click the “pay now” button and the page just stays in place. The “pay now” button itself turns gray, so the click is registered, but the page does absolutely nothing. It just sits there like I didn’t press the button. I asked my nephew to try it on his computer, and the page works as intended, and goes to the bank login page. I tried another provider by connecting my phone via USB, and the same problem repeats. I finally paid using my phone and its network to log into the energy company’s website, and the “Pay Now” button worked fine. So there must be something wrong with my computer, right? I tried different internet service providers, different browsers. This week I had several updates - Windows 10 update, K-lite codec update, firefox update, etc. and I could do network banking at Amazon using the same bank that I used for the energy company. Could someone kindly help? What could be wrong with my computer? Please help me.

Posted: 26 July 2021 03:23 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2021-04-28

You should try to clear your browser, it might work. A different payment method could also work.

Posted: 26 July 2021 03:25 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2020-07-18

Yeah, it was the cache. You can always delete it in the options of your browser. I remember having the same problem and being so pissed off about it. The craziest part was that I called them and yelled at them for this, but it was my fault.
Now I have a different payment gateway option, and I use it primarily for gaming payment processing, but you can use it for other stuff too. I haven’t had any problems since I started using it, and it’s pretty cool, to be fair.
Most people only know about PayPal, but there are other online payments options, and it’s worth checking them out.