Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Please Help - Want to Buy Titan Robotech #1
Posted: 13 February 2020 10:22 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2020-02-13

I have been a big fan of the Robotech comic series by Titan and have been trying to collect all the covers.

I have 30 of the 32 covers for issue #1 but cannot find the last two that I need.  I am hoping that someone here would be able to help me.  Specifically I need:

1) Robotech #1 Harmony Gold Convention Variant by De La Fuente ( https://forbiddenplanet.com/231154-robotech-1-de-la-fuente-convention-variant-with-record/ ) I can buy with or without the record.
2) Robotech #1 Unknown Comics Black & White version.  ( https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/2960842/robotech-1?variant=5083869 ).  Note there are 3 different B&W covers.  This is the one I need.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone had either or both to sell or would know where I could find either cover.  I really want to complete the set.  I have all the covers of the other 23 issues.

If anyone is interested the 32 covers are (I could never find a complete listing anywhere on the internet as a few were always missing - even in the first Titan trade paperback where they claim to list all the covers of issue #1 (they said there were 28 they missed 4).  The 32 covers are:

1) Cover A - Artgem
2) Cover B - Rick Hunter in Pilot suit boarding Veritech
3) Cover C - Rick Hunter Action Figure (Flying Circus outfit)
4) Cover D - Rick, Roy, Lisa, Claudia, Minmei in front of Veritech Head
5) Cover E - SDF-1, Veritech, Rick, Lisa, Minmei
6) Cover F - Veritech Blue Line Sketch
7) Cover G - Kitty Honey Cosplay Photo Cover
8) Cover H - Minmei sitting (1:10 retailer incentive cover)
9) Second Print - Same as Artgem Cover A but Minmei winking
10) Third Print - Same as Cover D but different color

Retailer Covers
11) Big Bang Comics (also Dublin Convention)
12) Borderlands
13) Books-a-million/Fried Pie Color
14) Books-a-million/Fried Pie B&W
15) Madness Comics A (Veritech Standing)
16) Madness Comics B (Veritech Flying)
17) Midtown Comics A (Rick Helmet)
18) Midtown Comics B (Roy Helmet)
19) Warp 9/Comic Pop Color
20) Warp 9/Comic Pop B&W
21) Forbidden Planet/Jetpack Comics B&W Artgem but with Minmei not Rick in Background)
22) Strange Adventures
23) Third Eye Comics
24) Unknown Comics Artgem (different color)
25) Unknown Comics Artgem B&W (Rick in Background) - help me find a copy of this
26) Yesteryear Comics
27) Comic Vault
28) Local Comic Shop Day (same as cover H but just white background and LCD logo)

Convention Comics
29) Harmony Gold (Rick in Minmei signing autographs at booth) - help me find a copy of this
30) Titan Comics
31) SDCC Action Figure (Rick Hunter Mitary Pilot Uniform)
32) Artgem Foilcover

Posted: 14 February 2020 08:25 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2018-11-29

Wow. I had no idea. I can’t help you but your devotion is impressive. Be patient. I’m sure you will find them. smile

Signature 

Click here for Academic Robotech Analysis

Posted: 20 February 2020 02:35 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-02-20

Now I wonder how to solve this problem)

Posted: 20 February 2020 03:03 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-02-13
sheylaphillips - 20 February 2020 02:35 AM

Now I wonder how to solve this problem)

That is why I posted here.  Neither of the books I need are on eBay and Unknown comics doesn’t have the B&W version left and the harmony gold book was released at a convention.

Between there being covers just released in Canada, UK and Ireland to go along with the USA grabbing all the covers of Robotech #1 has been more complicated then say grabbing all the variant covers of a valiant book or Usagi Yojimbo #1 (both books I have done).

Posted: 02 March 2020 06:37 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2019-06-09

Thanks for your usual wonderful effort. paint contractor

Posted: 14 January 2021 11:42 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2001-02-16

Here I am almost a year later after this post put up and I’m looking for a couple of #1’s I can’t seem to track down either.  If anyone’s got any leads on these or has some to sell, hit me up.

Unknown Comics - Pencil’s Variant
Yesteryear
Forbidden Planet
Big Bang Comics/ Dublin Con

I also stumbled across a variant cover for the 1st trade, Countdown, from Newbury Comics.  They have it up for sale on their website when I post this.  They used the artwork for cover D for it plus it has a little newbury comics exclusive logo on the bottom right.  I don’t have it in hand yet but it is currently on it’s way.

Signature 

“Hello Titanic, this is the Hindenburg.  We’re here to help, send up a flare.”

Posted: 15 January 2021 08:15 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-02-13
Grubb - 14 January 2021 11:42 AM

Here I am almost a year later after this post put up and I’m looking for a couple of #1’s I can’t seem to track down either.  If anyone’s got any leads on these or has some to sell, hit me up.

Unknown Comics - Pencil’s Variant
Yesteryear
Forbidden Planet
Big Bang Comics/ Dublin Con

I also stumbled across a variant cover for the 1st trade, Countdown, from Newbury Comics.  They have it up for sale on their website when I post this.  They used the artwork for cover D for it plus it has a little newbury comics exclusive logo on the bottom right.  I don’t have it in hand yet but it is currently on it’s way.

Despite it being a year and watching eBay I still need:

1) Robotech #1 Harmony Gold Convention Variant by De La Fuente ( https://forbiddenplanet.com/231154-robotech-1-de-la-fuente-convention-variant-with-record/ ) I can buy with or without the record.

2) Robotech #1 Unknown Comics Black & White version.  ( https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/2960842/robotech-1?variant=5083869 ).  Note there are 3 different B&W covers.  This is the one I need.

Any chance you have spares of either issue or know where I can get them?

Posted: 15 January 2021 09:47 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

I got the Harmony Gold one from a guy in the UK on ebay recently.  So recent it’s actually still in transit.  He had it for what would have been close to $80 US.  I managed to talk him down over $30 in price.  More then I wanted to really pay, but as it’s the only one I’ve ever seen, I’m ok with the price.

When I get home from work in a couple hours I’ll recheck my exclusive covers.  I’m pretty certain I have that Unknown Comcis one, but I’m also paranoid I mixed them up with my list.

I talked to Unknown Comics via fb messenger yesterday about the pencil variant they had.  No dice from them on it.

Signature 

Posted: 15 January 2021 09:54 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-02-13

I missed the Harmony Gild one you found on eBay.  It never showed up in my searches.  Maybe because it was in the UK.

The B&W ones you need to be careful with as the variations are subtle -like having a pilot head in the background instead of Min Mei’s head.  (Heck even the color ones are challenging for that same reason and wasn’t the first and second prints only differentiated by a wink?)

Posted: 15 January 2021 02:05 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16

The Black/White version of Unknown Comics exclusive is called the Wash version pretty much everywhere I’ve looked.  Even in the back of the comics/trades.

I’ve noticed they used the Art Germ art 6 times.  1A, both Unknown Comics versions, Fan Expo, Forbidden Planet (only with Lisa or Minmei in the background instead of Rick) and the cover for the 2nd printing of issue 1.  Talk about getting a lot of use out of one piece of art. Lets just wash out colors or backgrounds or change colors and there we go.  NEW!!

I don’t know if you’re also like me and that I’ve been collecting every cover for every issue so far as well.  Snagged a lot of them off mycomicshop.com, Midtown Comics, Mile High Comics.    Otherwise, it’s really just been ebay and my local comic shop, which ironically, happens to be 3rd Eye Comics who had their own cover smile

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2021 05:04 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-02-13

Yup I was like you and I did every cover of each issue, including Robotech Remix.  Just those last two covers of issue #1 that I need. 

(Also I agree with you using the Art Germ cover 6 times was excessive).