Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Old School RPG Game question..
Posted: 04 February 2018 04:55 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-07-31

So after being away from classic RPGs that actually use dice, paper and pencils my small group has rekindled our gaming habit.. Our system of choice is Palladium stuff..Robotech, Rifts, ect…  What I want to do is make a combiner mecha team something like a Voltron or a Megazord from Power Rangers..  What I am asking for your help with is the “combined team” combat.  How would I keep all 3 members active in the combat once “voltron” is formed?  I was thinking that One member would do all the piloting rolls,another would do all the attack rolls, and the last guy would do all the defensive rolls..  Any more ideas would be appreiciated. Or if you could direct me to a template I could use or modify to suit my needs would be great too!  Thanks!

Posted: 11 February 2018 11:06 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08

I played D&D back in the early 80s - first edition, before Advanced was even a thing.  Recently got my mitts on some 4th edition books and am putting together a campaign.  THe differences give me such a headache!  I finally just said bad words and decided to cherry-pick what works for me as a DM.  I suggest you do the same!

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 26 February 2018 05:21 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2018-02-07

Hey, I have also played D&D.

Posted: 04 March 2018 11:59 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-02-15

You could always just assign each player a certain weapon system or systems and let them each attack with said weapon(s).  I’d let the “leader” handle all the piloting/defensive rolls.

Posted: 26 December 2018 08:50 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2002-06-25
jeanie - 11 February 2018 11:06 AM

I played D&D back in the early 80s - first edition, before Advanced was even a thing.  Recently got my mitts on some 4th edition books and am putting together a campaign.  THe differences give me such a headache!  I finally just said bad words and decided to cherry-pick what works for me as a DM.  I suggest you do the same!

I’m a bit late to the punch on this one, but I did something similar.  I played D&D beginning when I was in 6th grade in 1983 when I got the basic books for Christmas.  Had trouble finding anyone to play with, but had a minor campaign with a few minor friends that didn’t really go anywhere because their grandma was nosy and had a friend who was one of those “Dungeons and Dragons is evil and promotes mind-control” people.  Mostly I made dungeons and adventures for no one until much later a friend of mine (Marco!  Hope you’re doing well in Austin… been at least 20 years) and I began an entire campaign and ran two characters each.  Eventually we became better friends with two guys we’d been occasional friends with since kindergarten and we began an Advanced D&D campaign that we had for years.  Marco moved to Austin after sophomore year of high school, but we kept the campaign going and added two other friends we’d known for awhile. Eventually we all graduated high school and still ran our campaign for about another year and half.  Three of us went to college together, but one vanished (got back in touch with him recently) and another joined the military and moved to Hawaii.  We kept it alive till about 1993 when the last two of my friends moved away when one joined the army and the other moved to try to get into law school (never happened, unfortunately).

Anyway… back to the point… one of our friends had bought the 2nd edition AD&D books and wanted to run the campaign that way.  I tried, but it wasn’t working for my style and no one wanted to start over.  Eventually what I did as DM was take bits and pieces of 2nd edition and adapt it to our campaign that still ran off 1st edition for the most part.  From the beginning I was able to use basic D&D adventures as well, so our campaign was a mixture of different generations of the game.  I have no idea how, but we made it work.

Signature 

Wow… this signature is from 13 years ago…

D.O.L. till the end! “Something stinks in here, and it’s NOT in the ventillation system!”

Posted: 28 October 2019 05:58 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Joined  2019-10-28

The same old school questions. It is time to move on to the new and improve everything with the help of something new, and it can be https://assignment-help.co.uk/tips-for-assignment-writing/ will always give you new knowledge in writing school or student assignments.

Posted: 19 November 2019 01:13 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Joined  2019-11-19

I play D&D.
the impossible quiz

Posted: 24 July 2020 11:30 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-07-05

Surely, music is an art which plays a strong song in every people’s hear to make them feel healthy though also you can say its not that easy for anyone to get healthy and make things more evenly that is the reason you should read more good news with essay help uk online where you will be getting thousand of answer of your questions that you have been searching for.

Posted: 30 July 2020 12:19 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2020-07-30

Old School Runescape doesn’t play like most MMOs either. The usual selection of skill bars, hotkeys and cooldowns are missing. It feels more like an old cRPG. It is represented in simple, literal terms and operated almost exclusively with the mouse. The world is arranged in a grid. To move your character, click on the square you want to move to. To speak to an NPC, click the Speak To option. To attack a monster, click the “Attack” option. You can do almost anything without touching your keyboard, although it is much easier to play if you can buy cheap osrs gold online.

Posted: 27 September 2022 12:55 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2022-09-27

If you enjoy playing WOTLK Classic, then you want to build a strong character backed by great gear, like better weapons and armor. That’s when you should think outside the box, more WOTLK Classic Gold can directly get you these items. So it is very important to find a suitable place to get a lot of WOW WOTLK Gold. MMOWTS is a very smart choice.