Password   forgot password?
 1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4
Reflex Point. A new Robotech podcast
Posted: 03 April 2020 09:10 AM  
Private
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2020-04-03

Available now! Reflex Point: A Robotech Podcast! A podcast were hosts Major and Paul discuss everything Robotech.  We talk about when we discovered it, what it meant to us, and review Robotech games we have played. So join us as we break down episodes and after you have listened, rate us, share your ideas, and even debate us. We love nothing better than to talk Robotech with others who love it as much as we do. You can find us at iTunes, google play, and just about anywhere else you can get podcasts from. Reach out to us at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 03 April 2020 10:27 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2018-11-29

Hi. Thanks for the podcast. I wish you luck. You probably already know but there are other related podcasts.

There is a current podcast called RoboSkullCast.

There is an old bunch of shows by Robotech Master on TalkShoe called Space Station Liberty aired from 2006 to 2018.

There is a current podcast called SpeakerPodCast about the Macross franchise.

Thanks for the new podcast.

Signature 

Click here for Academic Robotech Analysis

Posted: 03 April 2020 10:34 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-04-03

Hello Brofessor,
It’s funny because when we started this we really looked for other Robotech podcasts to see what we would be up against. We found a few old ones, but never found the current ones till recently. Either way, we feel that we have some unique perspectives to bring to the table and we simply love doing this. If we can make some new friends, spread the Robotech word, and perhaps learn some new ideas! It’s a total win!

Posted: 03 April 2020 11:02 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Joined  2018-11-29

Sounds good. Robotech should cast a big net and pitch a big tent to allow all fans inside the franchise.

There are some old podcasts missing from the internet with no archives.

One old podcast is Robotech Radio Network at Protoculture Times by JT of the Robotech novels website.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and hard work with your new podcast.

Signature 

Posted: 07 April 2020 02:31 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-04-03

Episode 3 out now!

Posted: 24 April 2020 06:39 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Joined  2018-11-29

Nice podcasts so far. It seems you guys are viewing the Remastered version of Robotech and not the original broadcast version. The scene of Roy in the yellow biplane from Episode 2 is only in the original Japanese SDF Macross episode and the remastered version of Robotech.

It seems like you both are going off your memories of the show and just having fun reminiscing. Nothing wrong with that. I think you confused the following scene perhaps. In Episode 2 of Robotech titled Countdown, Rick fires at the battlepod in “beserker mode” after seeing Minmei passed out and his gunpod overheats. He does not fire while upside down. The Zentreadi pilot exits and walks toward Rick but Roy shoots the Zentreadi in the back as Roy’s gunpod is smoking.

There is another old podcast which began on 8/11/2013 titled Protoculture Times by JT of The McKinney Project. It is still on his site and podbean.

Anyway, keep up the great work on your podcast. It is fun to listen to.

Signature 

Posted: 24 April 2020 12:45 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-04-03

Hello Bro,
You are correct, we are mostly going off remastered version. I have the original DVD’s but I really enjoy the enhancements. You may be right about our mix up, I’ll check it out. We are definitely having fun revisiting the past and giving our two cents. Thank you for your support!

Posted: 29 April 2020 05:50 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Joined  2018-11-29

Hi there. You mentioned in your podcast the term global civil war is never used. It may also be a paradox because a civil war can only happen inside a single nation. If Earth is united as a one world government it could have a civil war perhaps.

Anyway, in the book Robotech Art 1 from 1986 it does contain the term global civil war in print at least twice.

The animated 85 episodes are the core canon and investigating canon is mostly just a fun thought process. I do not propose Robotech Art 1 be taken as canon. Robotech is a slapdash combination of media intended to turn a profit by maximizing the profit margin. Therefore, there are a ton of errors and inconsistencies similar to the term global civil war.

Anyway, keep up the podcast analysis.

Signature 

Posted: 29 April 2020 12:12 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-04-03

We need you on the podcast my friend.

Posted: 30 April 2020 10:43 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-04-03

It’s out! Episode 4 is now available! Come get your Robotech fix!

Posted: 07 May 2020 07:18 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-04-03

Episode 5 available now!
Macross city has been rebuilt, Rick is sad, and the SDF-1 goes full Mega Maid! Come join us for, Transformation, the latest Episode of Reflex Point: A Robotech Podcast!

Posted: 08 May 2020 02:10 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2001-02-22

How do you find u on andriod?

Posted: 08 May 2020 02:50 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Private
Joined  2020-04-03

Hello and thank you for your interest. You can find us on Google podcast or any other podcast app. Let me know if this helps.

Posted: 09 May 2020 08:14 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Private
Joined  2018-11-29

Nicely done on Episode 5. Just to clarify for you guys, the mecha being moved overhead at the beginning of this episode are a Gladiator and Monster. You made the easy mistake of confusing the Gladiator with the Armored Veritech which is also distinct from the super veritech.

I really liked your insight about the difference in recovery times between Rick and Minmei. Even last episode as they were both rescued from their entombment there was a difference in level of exhaustion. It illuminates the depth of feeling each character experiences. Minmei is a little more shallow in her feelings and Rick is upset they are not sharing a similar level of empathy.

I really enjoyed your insights involving Joseph Campbell. Hopefully you are able to continue your analysis regarding The Hero’s Journey.

Signature 

Posted: 09 May 2020 11:29 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2019-09-11

Hi Brofessor,

Thank you as always for your kind post and for helping us out. When I was trying to figure out what ships were being moved around, I took a best guess (trying to match the feet). But you’re totally right, that is a Gladiator (should have just asked you in the first place)!

You make a great point on their different empathy levels. That definately goes towards explaining Rick’s frustration. I never really thought about it before, but Rick really is a sensitive person. I don’t think I would have ever described him that way, but it fits him.

I’ll keep on the Hero’s Journey as best as I can. If there’s anything you would like to hear, please let us know.

Lastly, I wanted to ask if you would consider potentially being a guest? Either for a segment or for an episode that you are particularly found of. We’d love to have you on.

Thanks again!

Posted: 06 June 2020 09:10 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Private
Joined  2018-11-29

Nice job on Episode 7: Bye-Bye Mars. Your satirical parody sponsors are awesome. Nice production value on the whole podcast and your advertiser skits. I recommend posting the skits on social media if possible.

I enjoy using Joseph Campbell’s hero’s journey monomyth paradigm to analyze Robotech. He proposed 17 stages or elements to mythology. Rick may have already had the call to adventure, refused the call, crossed the threshold, and spent time in the belly of the whale. The veritech may be the supenatural aid. Minmei may be the woman as temptress. I would place this episode as part of the road of trials.

Robotech may not fulfill all 17 stages but it is interesting.

Signature 

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4