Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Please help!  I am looking for a particular Halloween toy from the 70s/80s, and I can’t find it in any website!
Posted: 28 January 2020 08:04 PM  
Corporal
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  2010-11-11

It’s a model in which you crazy-glue together pieces of thin wood and other parts.  The final product once it is fully assembled, is a box that is open on one side (4th wall removed), with a main string underneath the entire box.  Looking at the inside of this box, you will see a room in a haunted house.

When you pull the main string down, some cool things happen:

1. A secret panel will open, and a witch in a cloak will come out.  The secret panel that moves, if memory serves, has shelves with library books on them.  The entire column of book shelves moves to the left (or right, I can’t remember), exposing this scary-looking witch.  The shelves with books is obviously a sticker or cardboard, and you glue it on to the wooden plate that moves back and forth.

2. A coffin opens up, and a skeleton rises from it.  During the assembly process, you connect a string from the top of the coffin, to the skeleton.  So, through mechanical means, when you pull the main string down, it engages the coffin top, brings it up, and takes the skeleton with it.  Ergo, you see the skeleton rising from the coffin.

3. There is a window that shows a night sky.  When you pull the main string down, a bat shows up outside the window.

4. I know there’s a fourth event, but for the life of me, I can’t remember!

When you release the main string, everything goes back to the way it was: secret panel closes, coffin closes, bat in window moves out of sight, and the 4th one, whatever it is, goes back to its original position.

Does anybody know what I’m talking about?

If you do, do you know where I can find this toy?  This will bring back memories of my childhood.  Much appreciated!

Vamp

Posted: 17 February 2020 12:00 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2020-02-16

There is a window that shows a night sky.  When you pull the main string down, a bat shows up outside the window. Free text twist 2 game.

Posted: 19 February 2020 06:25 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  2010-11-11

What is the text twist link?  I don’t want to click on it before asking you, cause it could be a virus.

Posted: 02 March 2020 06:54 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2019-06-09

I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read nice information on your site. paint contractor