Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
I WENT TO THE ROBOTECH INDUSTRY PANEL THIS PAST WEEKEND.
Posted: 03 July 2019 12:41 AM  
Private
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2019-03-16

Hello everyone,,,

Ok, let me preface this by saying that I LOVE Robotech.  A LOT.  One of my favorite animated series of all time.  Great story, characters, mecha, etc.

That being said…
showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/
I went to the Robotech Panel at the Saboten Con anime convention in Glendale, Arizona last weekend.  I bought my ticket for two reasons and my primary one was for the Robotech panel.  Kevin McKeever seemed nice enough.  He gave out prizes for asking questions and seemed pleasant.

But WOW, what an absolute waste of time.  Here’s basically what happened.
1) it was scheduled for 2 1/2 hours, it lasted about 55 minutes
2) he had a 10 slide power-point presentation about Robotech and a few movies.
3) he showed clips of Robotech: Live Love Alive
4) Told us how Warner Bros. has got the rights to Robotech’s 85 episodes to make a live action movie and Tobey McGuire is attached to produce.

ok, that’s not too bad, but when it came time for questions, this is where it all fell apart. Well, it was in the middle of falling apart at that point, but this is where the wheels really fell off.

People asked questions about:
Prequels
The Sentinels
Toys
Movies
Future Projects for Robotech

Here was the answers to these:

Prequels?
We’ve talked to the fans, they don’t want prequels, they want to look forward. (Even though the Macross series has released several stories/series/movies that go forward AND include a prequel)

The Sentinels?
We’ve talked to the fans, they don’t care about the Sentinels story.  The books aren’t cannon anyway, so most Robotech fans don’t really want that anyway.  Besides, they are looking forward in the story lines time line. (Again, the sentinels are an important part of the series, the freaking SDF-3 disappeared, but the FANS DONT WANT THAT)

Toys?
Well, we would love to make some more.  Once Warner Bros makes a movie, we’re gonna crank out so much merchandise you won’t know what to do with yourself. But we’ve talked to the fans, we know what they want.  Someone will ask for a toy from the second war, but we know more people want a cyclone.  They want an SDF-1. They don’t want certain toys, so we aren’t going to bother. (Even I’ll admit, the second war wasn’t the most popular, or interesting, or good.  But its part of Robotech canon, and to say NO ONE WANTS THOSE TOYS, cmon.  That being said, I know I would buy minimal from that toy line)

Movies?
(we literally heard this 10 times)
Warner Bros owns the rights to the series 85 episodes, so they can do whatever they like.
Tobey McGuire is attached to produce!  (This information has been around since when, 2004?  And I get that you can’t leak much info, but to tell us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of the project, what was even the point)

Future Projects for Robotech?
Warner Bros owns the rights.  Any movies, video games, future music, etc, it all depends on that.  And he PIMPED the heck out of Love Live Alive.  And it doesn’t excite me AT ALL.  It doesn’t look modern at all, it CLEARLY looks like its from 1985, BUT ITS REMASTERED SO ITS AMAZING (wait, its not.  And even though we’ve got a company that’s so determined to move forward in the stories time line, but are so interested in making a movie that takes steps back from the Shadow Chronicles.)

What I learned at the panel was that Robotech, while being awesome, has essentially ZERO future.  This is a company that lucked into Macross rights for everywhere OUTSIDE OF JAPAN.  Then proceeded to do nothing with them.  They did nothing to try and bring more Macross over, or adapt other animes, or ANYTHING.
This company is clearly more interested in defending their copyrights on Macross than they are in making more of this story line.

Macross is having its 30th anniversary.  They are releasing merchandise, blu ray packs, concerts, the whole shebang.
Robotech passed its 25th anniversary a while back.  NOTHING to celebrate.  Harmony Gold could have really pushed the series out, worked on a blu ray release, toys, had tons of commercials, but we GOT NOTHING.

And we will continue to get nothing.  Unless its going to toss a boatload of money into Harmony Gold’s pockets.

Posted: 04 July 2019 12:55 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  1980
Joined  2001-01-30

Why did they spend so much time and money on the conventions over the last 20 years? It only keeps a small number of people talking about Robotech while nothing’s going on.

Signature 

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Posted: 05 July 2019 07:29 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2018-11-29

This post is some kind of bot or spammer.  There is a hyperlink in the post.

The post mentions the 30th anniversary of Macross and the future 25th anniversary of Robotech.

That would be Macross from 1982 to 30 years later being 2012.

Robotech from 1985 to 25 years later being 2010.

Weird.

Signature 

Click here for Academic Robotech Analysis

Posted: 05 July 2019 08:18 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1165
Joined  2005-03-16
Brofessor - 05 July 2019 07:29 AM

This post is some kind of bot or spammer.  There is a hyperlink in the post.

The post mentions the 30th anniversary of Macross and the future 25th anniversary of Robotech.

That would be Macross from 1982 to 30 years later being 2012.

Robotech from 1985 to 25 years later being 2010.

Weird.

Not just this, but Warner Brothers hasn’t had the movie rights for a few years, its Sony now. And no Toby.

Signature 

Rizzo the death bringer is rising long live Rizzo the Rat. I want a new motorcycle…but she wont let me get one
The darkness loves ICE CREAM. Rocky Road is their favriot!!!

Posted: 08 July 2019 06:48 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  5342
Joined  2001-01-30

All the information about WB owning the rights is really old.  WB hasn’t held the rights since before Shadow Chronicles came out.  The license is with Sony now. 

Can a mod do something about this misinformation?

Am I a mod?

Signature 

*************** ===========
* * * * * * * * * * ===========
*************** ===========
* * * * * * * * * * ===========
======================
======================
======================

twitter/IG: @andyzoric

Posted: 27 December 2019 01:53 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2004-02-09
azoric - 08 July 2019 06:48 AM

All the information about WB owning the rights is really old.  WB hasn’t held the rights since before Shadow Chronicles came out.  The license is with Sony now. 

Can a mod do something about this misinformation?

Am I a mod?

Mods are a myth, much like progress of the franchise we love.

Posted: 07 August 2021 12:07 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2021-01-29

I don’t know how relevant this information is, but I liked the presentation. I often deal with this, so I always pay attention to how other guys are preparing. I recently ran into some problems in preparing my presentation. I learned how correctly charting in powerpoint and I was able to finish everything properly. It’s great that some useful sources and examples can help and facilitate this task for us.

Posted: 27 December 2021 08:57 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  380
Joined  2021-08-25

Well, it was in the middle of falling apart at that point
eyelashextensionsfortcollins.com

Posted: 31 March 2022 05:39 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  2343
Joined  2021-03-12

I’m moved considering the surpassing and even preachy index that you really generate such modest timing. Packers and Movers Bangalore