Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 6
Captain Marvel Movie ... Do you want to see it?
Posted: 12 March 2019 07:14 PM   [ # 31 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1623
Joined  2001-02-16

Sinn, your review would be more credible if you weren’t previously posting on forums about your problems with behind-the-scene behaviour about the lead. I also disagree with your comments about weird tonal shifts, and a lack of charisma from Brie Larson. She was charming in the role, I thought. The hair blow was a nice touch, and her jokes really reminded me of the Captain Marvel from the comics.

I’d say more about how the movie draws from past Marvel stories, but, y’know,  spoilers. But I do agree that Talos was good in the film.

Signature 

Team Southern Cross!

Posted: 13 March 2019 01:30 AM   [ # 32 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2007-03-22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdMDR2HZExw

Signature 

By the fans, for the fans, visit RobotechX, our forums have never been taken down and blamed on Anonymous.

Posted: 13 March 2019 04:55 PM   [ # 33 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43402
Joined  2001-02-16

Just saw the movie today. Loved it. Lots of action, and good humor. One thing that kind of threw me was the inclusion of a Tesseract, especially in the end of credits scene with the ‘cat’. It can’t be the same one from the first few MCU films. Thanos has that as part of his Infinity Gauntlet.

Edit and update:
I forgot that the end-of-credits scene of the ‘cat’ hacking up the Tesseract was set in the mid 90s. Fifteen years (give or take) before The Avengers is set.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 14 March 2019 09:47 AM   [ # 34 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  2003-02-13

Darth Mimic:

My review is merely an honest opinion ... I saw the movie and didn’t like it. Moreover, I did not try to tell anyone what to think, or try to dissuade anyone from seeing the movie itself.

Despite the fact that I have never liked the character of Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel, I wanted the movie to succeed. Unfortunately, Marvel Studios got it wrong in terms of casting, lazy script writing, and unnecessary “wokeness” nonsense. Disney obviously did not learn anything from the Rian Johnson directed Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Ron Howard’s Solo movie. Fans want good movies, with well developed characters, and entertaining stories. And they don’t want to be called misogynist a-holes merely because they have no interest in the product that the studio is creating.

Like I said in my review, Captain Marvel should have been so much bigger & better than Wonder Woman ... instead it felt like a phase one movie.

Signature 

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Posted: 14 March 2019 10:08 AM   [ # 35 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13

According to this article, Disney or one of its partners might be engaging in padding the tickets sold numbers for Captain Marvel.

I rarely go for conspiracy theories, but this sort of thing happens all the time in sporting events.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/13/new-reports-of-empty-theaters-at-captain-marvel-add-to-movies-controversy/

Signature 

Posted: 14 March 2019 07:10 PM   [ # 36 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-03-22

you’re not allowed to not like it

Signature 

By the fans, for the fans, visit RobotechX, our forums have never been taken down and blamed on Anonymous.

Posted: 14 March 2019 11:49 PM   [ # 37 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2019-02-22
Sinn - 14 March 2019 10:08 AM

According to this article, Disney or one of its partners might be engaging in padding the tickets sold numbers for Captain Marvel.

I rarely go for conspiracy theories, but this sort of thing happens all the time in sporting events.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/13/new-reports-of-empty-theaters-at-captain-marvel-add-to-movies-controversy/

Also known as damage control. Same reason negative reviews are being deleted left and right. What does that say about a movie if you’re not even allowed to dislike it?

Posted: 15 March 2019 07:58 AM   [ # 38 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2003-02-13
MadrePappagallo - 14 March 2019 11:49 PM
Sinn - 14 March 2019 10:08 AM

Also known as damage control. Same reason negative reviews are being deleted left and right. What does that say about a movie if you’re not even allowed to dislike it?

I don’t have any hard data to back up my claim, but I have read that a lot of people have had their audience reviews deleted on RT, or, in some cases, they can’t even register their post.

Like I said, I don’t go for conspiracy theories, but it does seem like a lot of effort and energy is being used to suppress audience reviews that don’t give the movie a 5 star rating. I guess desperate times, indeed call for desperate measures.

Signature 

Posted: 16 March 2019 04:46 PM   [ # 39 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-16

Sinn, I’m not suggesting yiu can’t dislike the movie. I’m just saying that if you made up your mind to dislike it before you saw it, then that is not a review. Better to call it an editorial I think.

Also, that stuff about Disney buying tickets is obviously false. Seriously. There’s no business case to be made for trying to pad ticket sales. Sheesh.

Oh, and before asserting that movie reviews are being fixed, maybe some research is in order? You know, because the only people saying the reviews are fixed are at best ill informed.

Signature 

Team Southern Cross!

Posted: 16 March 2019 08:01 PM   [ # 40 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2019-02-22
Darth Mimic - 16 March 2019 04:46 PM

Sinn, I’m not suggesting yiu can’t dislike the movie. I’m just saying that if you made up your mind to dislike it before you saw it, then that is not a review. Better to call it an editorial I think.

Also, that stuff about Disney buying tickets is obviously false. Seriously. There’s no business case to be made for trying to pad ticket sales. Sheesh.

Oh, and before asserting that movie reviews are being fixed, maybe some research is in order? You know, because the only people saying the reviews are fixed are at best ill informed.

I’ve seen screenshots others have taken of their reviews being removed and also this https://preview.redd.it/rkv5jgotznl21.jpg?width=856&auto=webp&s=c92d76b6c36210fbd5290469cdbd92a6e9702a30

Someone said there are positive reviews coming in from bots that are all saying the same thing.

Posted: 17 March 2019 03:16 AM   [ # 41 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-03-22
Darth Mimic - 16 March 2019 04:46 PM

Sure there is a business case for Disney buying tickets.  Even if they lose some money in the process (which they have literally billions of dollars worth), they can point back and say “Look see Captain Marvel broke $1 billion dollars in ticket sales!” and that “fact” is going to be worth more to them in the coming decade than the expense of a few million dollars.

Oh, and before asserting that Disney isn’t buying tickets, maybe some research is in order? You know, because the only people saying Disney isn’t buying tickets are at best ill informed.

https://youtu.be/KBeUffaNxkY?t=536

Signature 

Posted: 17 March 2019 05:31 AM   [ # 42 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-16

Alpha Bravo, your ‘screenshot’ isn’t actually proof of anything. And how does saying the movie sold more tickets than it did actually get Disney more money in the long run? Sheesh. Plus, the Bounding Into Comics site is really a troll site with crap info. And the Quartering is the same guy who said She Ra isn’t about Princesses any more. Do you even fact check?

Signature 

Team Southern Cross!

Posted: 17 March 2019 07:11 AM   [ # 43 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-03-22
Darth Mimic - 17 March 2019 05:31 AM

Alpha Bravo, your ‘screenshot’ isn’t actually proof of anything. And how does saying the movie sold more tickets than it did actually get Disney more money in the long run? Sheesh. Plus, the Bounding Into Comics site is really a troll site with crap info. And the Quartering is the same guy who said She Ra isn’t about Princesses any more. Do you even fact check?

It’s not a picture, it’s a video.

Press Play.

Signature 

Posted: 17 March 2019 07:36 AM   [ # 44 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-16

You mean The Quartering video? No real facts and lots of made up outrage from a guy banned for life from Gen con and all MTG events? Or the Geeks and Gamers alt right change the narrative nonsense video?

Signature 

Team Southern Cross!

Posted: 17 March 2019 07:54 AM   [ # 45 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-03-22
Darth Mimic - 17 March 2019 07:36 AM

No real facts and lots of made up outrage

So far that’s all you’ve contributed

Signature 

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 6