Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Robotech Vermillion Edition
Posted: 13 February 2019 01:26 AM  
Private
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2019-02-07

So there are some of us who prefer the original broadcast version of Robotech without the Remastered versions added sound effects. While we had the original dvds it was lacking in video fidelity. I continued the work of the Deculture Edition which took the first 6 episodes of the Macross saga and used the japanese HD visual of Macross and the audio from the first run of Robotech DVDs. It never completed the project so I started mine in the same spirit. I completed the Vermilion Edition early last year. It’s as close to the broadcast version of Robotech you’ll get with a HD picture and the mono audio of the original DVD. I also cut the video to match exactly with the first run dvd, down to frame by frame in most cases. As a artistic choice I removed “To Be in Love” from the Force of Arms scene where Minmay starts singing after Earth is destroyed and replaced it with “It’s you” which was the original song before the DVDs, it fits the mood better anyway. The intro and end credits were provided to me by the Deculture Edition creator “Molly.” So those are credited to her and she did a phenomenal job. If the Deculture Edtion never happened I would not have started my project. Is this something others would like to see? I did the entire Macross saga.Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

Posted: 13 February 2019 12:39 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2002-04-21

Sounds like an interesting project.
I started once another project, which intended to correct all the coloring errors from the show. I was using Photoshop to do this correction frame by frame. I completed the scene where Rick, Max, Ben and Lisa are trapped inside a Breetai’s ship, and Max catches Breetai and flies him to the exterior of the ship. By mistake, Max’s VF was painted as Ben’s for that scene, so I corrected that. I wish I had more time to continue working on this.

Signature 

“You are here on your own, Lonely soldier boy”