Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 1 2 > 
1 of 2
You’re the Invid Regis - you detect the Flower of Life on Earth - but the planet is surrounded by Dolza’s Armada.  Do you invade?
Posted: 06 December 2018 11:35 AM  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1205
Joined  2001-02-15

Imagine you’re the Invid Regis, and just as at the end of the ROBOTECH MASTERS saga, you detect a massive spike of the Flower of Life emanating from Earth.  Here’s the difference:  you ALSO detect the 4,800,000-ship Zentraedi Armada commanded by Dolza surrounding the planet. 

Query:  if you’re the Regis, do you risk it for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to acquire the Flower of Life, which the Invid need for survival, or is taking on the Zentraedi Armada simply too great a risk?

Posted: 06 December 2018 11:56 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08

Since I’m obsessed? Yes.

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 06 December 2018 12:13 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-15
jeanie - 06 December 2018 11:56 AM

Since I’m obsessed? Yes.

Invid surely get mauled on the way in.  Not sure if they even make successful landfall.  Any hive they put down will likely be blasted to smithereens from orbit by the Zentraedi fleet.

Posted: 07 December 2018 12:24 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43402
Joined  2001-02-16
jeanie - 06 December 2018 11:56 AM

Since I’m obsessed? Yes.

The Regess wouldn’t be that stupid. She would wait until Dolza’s Main fleet was destroyed, then invade.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 07 December 2018 08:40 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2007-04-08

Hey, I never said I’d succeed.

Signature 

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 07 December 2018 10:20 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
jeanie - 07 December 2018 08:40 AM

Hey, I never said I’d succeed.

There’s obsessed, and then there’s being smart about it.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 08 December 2018 01:48 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-15

What if the Zentraedi don’t leave?  What if they’ve vowed to remain in Earth orbit for as long as the Invid threat exists?  Wait them out and hope that Protoculture attrition will do them in?  Chances are, the Invid would run out of resources before the Zentraedi do.

Posted: 08 December 2018 10:07 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
Buried Alien - 08 December 2018 01:48 PM

What if the Zentraedi don’t leave?  What if they’ve vowed to remain in Earth orbit for as long as the Invid threat exists?  Wait them out and hope that Protoculture attrition will do them in?  Chances are, the Invid would run out of resources before the Zentraedi do.

Perhaps. But the Regess doesn’t strike me as one to make rash decisions. I don’t think that she would risk tangling with the might of the Zentraedi Main Fleet, and possibly Breetai’s Imperial Class fleet (he would likely see the Invid as more of a threat then Dolza), as well as Azonia’s forces. Khyron would probably flee.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 09 December 2018 12:49 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-15
Megalord1 - 08 December 2018 10:07 PM

Perhaps. But the Regess doesn’t strike me as one to make rash decisions. I don’t think that she would risk tangling with the might of the Zentraedi Main Fleet, and possibly Breetai’s Imperial Class fleet (he would likely see the Invid as more of a threat then Dolza), as well as Azonia’s forces. Khyron would probably flee.

Khyron only flees when he isn’t confident that he can win.  If he’s part of the Zentraedi Grand Fleet, I think he’d be reasonably confident against the Invid.

Posted: 09 December 2018 06:33 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3290
Joined  2001-03-13
Buried Alien - 06 December 2018 11:35 AM

Imagine you’re the Invid Regis, and just as at the end of the ROBOTECH MASTERS saga, you detect a massive spike of the Flower of Life emanating from Earth.  Here’s the difference:  you ALSO detect the 4,800,000-ship Zentraedi Armada commanded by Dolza surrounding the planet. 

Query:  if you’re the Regis, do you risk it for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to acquire the Flower of Life, which the Invid need for survival, or is taking on the Zentraedi Armada simply too great a risk?

Given the Regis’s departure as an Energy Pheonix that destroyed how many Nuetron-S missiles and damaged/destroyed UEEF ships/mecha in space as far out as the Moon?  I just have to say good bye Zentreadi Grand Fleet.

Signature 

Supreme Commander Leonard is an Agent of the Robotech Masters.

Posted: 09 December 2018 08:21 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2007-04-08
ShadowLogan - 09 December 2018 06:33 PM

Given the Regis’s departure as an Energy Pheonix that destroyed how many Nuetron-S missiles and damaged/destroyed UEEF ships/mecha in space as far out as the Moon?  I just have to say good bye Zentreadi Grand Fleet.

I think this response won, hands down.

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2018 09:34 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-15

It’s not as many as you might think.  The Neutron-S missiles, though huge mothers, weren’t that numerous compared to the number of Zentraedi ships in the Grand Fleet.  Moreover, that entire REF armada (not all of which was destroyed, as we find out later) was numerically less than 1% of the Zentraedi Grand Fleet.  Flagships of the same class as Breetai’s had reflex cannon that rivaled that of the SDF-1’s.  Numbers and firepower greatly favor the Zentraedi.  The only thing in the Invid’s favor is that their abilities are more esoteric, but I don’t know how much that would help the Invid in this situation.

Posted: 10 December 2018 12:22 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
Buried Alien - 09 December 2018 12:49 PM
Megalord1 - 08 December 2018 10:07 PM

Khyron only flees when he isn’t confident that he can win.  If he’s part of the Zentraedi Grand Fleet, I think he’d be reasonably confident against the Invid.

Perhaps. But he wasn’t called ‘The Backstabber’ for nothing.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 12 December 2018 07:10 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3290
Joined  2001-03-13
Buried Alien - 09 December 2018 09:34 PM

It’s not as many as you might think.  The Neutron-S missiles, though huge mothers, weren’t that numerous compared to the number of Zentraedi ships in the Grand Fleet.  Moreover, that entire REF armada (not all of which was destroyed, as we find out later) was numerically less than 1% of the Zentraedi Grand Fleet.  Flagships of the same class as Breetai’s had reflex cannon that rivaled that of the SDF-1’s.  Numbers and firepower greatly favor the Zentraedi.  The only thing in the Invid’s favor is that their abilities are more esoteric, but I don’t know how much that would help the Invid in this situation.

I can agree the number comparison between REF Fleet and the Grand Fleet are lopsided, but the Zentreadi really don’t have any way to engage the Energy Pheonix directly do they?

It would rip through the Zentreadi formations just as easily as it did the REF, its also shown to be able to split (arrival in Ep60) and merge (ep85).  And it moves fast, and covers a lot of real estate.

The Only way the Zentreadi can engage the Invid (directly, indirectly they could target the FoL) is if the Invid elect to engage them in materialized form (as the Regent does, and the Regis when engaging approaching UEEF/REF fleets to defend Earth).  But by that point the Zentreadi might not have the advantage as they appeared to have at the start.

Signature 

Supreme Commander Leonard is an Agent of the Robotech Masters.

Posted: 13 December 2018 01:12 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-02-16
ShadowLogan - 12 December 2018 07:10 AM

I can agree the number comparison between REF Fleet and the Grand Fleet are lopsided, but the Zentreadi really don’t have any way to engage the Energy Pheonix directly do they?

It would rip through the Zentreadi formations just as easily as it did the REF, its also shown to be able to split (arrival in Ep60) and merge (ep85).  And it moves fast, and covers a lot of real estate.

The Only way the Zentreadi can engage the Invid (directly, indirectly they could target the FoL) is if the Invid elect to engage them in materialized form (as the Regent does, and the Regis when engaging approaching UEEF/REF fleets to defend Earth).  But by that point the Zentreadi might not have the advantage as they appeared to have at the start.

Okay, here’s the problem with the Energy Phoenix idea. The Regiss and (most of) the Invid were leaving Earth, not attacking it. Even if the Regiss blows through part of the Zentraedi armada to get to Earth, the Earth is still surrounded by millions of Zentraedi ships in position for orbital bombardment. The Regiss is not going to do something as stupid as invade a planet about to be blasted by the Zentraedi.

Signature 

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 13 December 2018 02:28 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Master Sergeant
Joined  2001-02-15
Megalord1 - 13 December 2018 01:12 AM
ShadowLogan - 12 December 2018 07:10 AM

Okay, here’s the problem with the Energy Phoenix idea. The Regiss and (most of) the Invid were leaving Earth, not attacking it. Even if the Regiss blows through part of the Zentraedi armada to get to Earth, the Earth is still surrounded by millions of Zentraedi ships in position for orbital bombardment. The Regiss is not going to do something as stupid as invade a planet about to be blasted by the Zentraedi.

I would also like to know what the limitations of the energy phoenix are.  How many Zentraedi ships can the Regess take down in that form before her energy begins to flag and she can’t keep it going anymore? Moreover, what would the effect on the energy phoenix be if multiple reflex cannon were brought to bear against it?

1 2 > 
1 of 2