Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Doctor Who Series 11
Posted: 26 November 2018 02:34 PM  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  8437
Joined  2001-03-21

What are your thoughts on series 11 of Doctor Who?
I think it’s pretty good.

Signature 

Robotech Marine Corps
A.k.L. member
First Mate of the Banshee
Weilder of the giant squid.
Admiral Jerry,Commander in Chief of Starfleet
United States Navy Veteran

Posted: 27 November 2018 02:50 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2018-11-26

Well i thought it would be worse but yeah, seems ok.

Posted: 06 December 2018 08:57 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2018-12-06

Thank you for sharing such an informative post with us, it will beneficial for everyone, It is one of the best sites that I have visited. I am looking forward to read more blogs post from here. geometry dash online

Posted: 24 December 2018 06:27 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2017-08-05

Series 11 Jodie, have only seen 2 of the shows for the new season, found the show annoying, and pointless.  Jodie’s voice for me just makes the turning down the volume of tv a necessity. The shows regarding the past “Rosa” for me do not “fit” the show, this is an event in USA history, not British History, or World History, and is being played like this could not have taken place unless the “Doctor” and her friends where part of this.  Have watched the previews of other stories and only Kerbam appears to be one that I might be interested in watching.  I understand DW has done history before The Aztecs, (yes another basis for American history/ how many indian tribes can you name in British history?) come to mind, however each generation has a way to present the event and reflect on the actions the Doctor and his companions saw fit, many were done in the early years as the Teachers were know to complain about what their students were watching on tv. This is not the case today.  Just cannot see how American history, can be that interesting to British TV watchers.  Now if DW did a crossover, of VIctoria/the Crown with the Doctor that I would watch, and would be a fandom issue, as “Clara” would be coming back in a different light again addressing her image within the DW empire as the impossible girl. as if the Crown, Matt Smith coming back in a different light not as the doctor.  It would be interesting thought brings former companions/doctor back something that is usually not done in DW, it is usually the person coming back as their original portrayal.
Right now the conversation regarding the show has been positive for the show not for me, I was not “onboard” for the change, and not impressed with what I have seen.  Right now waiting to see what the buzz is regarding the “rumor” of Daleks return in New Years special.
just my two cents.

Posted: 01 January 2019 06:18 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2001-03-21

Leela I know what you mean. I think the new series is good. Some episodes have been pretty good others not so much.

Signature 

Robotech Marine Corps
A.k.L. member

Posted: 01 January 2019 06:19 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2001-03-21

Welcome to the site Skull_pilot 23

Signature 

Robotech Marine Corps
A.k.L. member

Posted: 01 February 2019 01:38 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  2003-02-13

IMHO, Doctor Who season 11 was a colossal disappointment. Sadly, the BBC is guilty of trying to reboot the series, and check off as many “woke” boxes as possible, but instead, the whole thing is a just poorly written, boring, mess. If anyone is interested I wrote a blog detailing the good, bad and indifferent.

https://rantnroses.blogspot.com/2018/12/doctor-who-season-11-review.html

Signature 

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Posted: 03 February 2019 07:41 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2017-08-05

Sinn:
your points on certain aspects of the show are spot on.  The comment about plywood, and Bradley Walsh are correct.  To me Bradley understands his role In the show better than anyone, I noticed this especially In the Kerbam! episode.  There were parts of this episode that seem to point to the past, but continued to miss its beat. there were parts that to me seems pulled from past Current Gen 2005- forward shows to put in this to “find” a way to write a story. What I didn’t see mentioned in your story was the ratings for Canada and Aus.  Curious as to what the rates overall for the collective season have to offer those countries.
Maybe the “2019 break” will provide us with the necessary break for the writers to come up with scripts that rivet us back to our chairs and make the old fans, pay attention, and yet still create new excitement for the next decade to warrant us seeing the 20th anniversary of the New Generation 2005 to now, its important that the necessary fan base rally around now as it would be great to have either a 3-4 doctor reunion like the 5 doctors in the old series, as Matt, David, Peter, I am sure would be willing to reprise the roll again. might even be able to score Peter Davidson as I am not sure if Tom would be able to reprise as he has done already.
ok, off the soap box just my two cents again.

Posted: 10 February 2019 02:43 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  820
Joined  2002-07-12

I loved Series 11. While I don’t think every episode was a winner, I thought it succeeded more than it didn’t in doing something different for Doctor Who, which was getting a bit stale in recent seasons. Fell in love with Jodie’s Doctor from the very first minute, and having been fortunate to have seen every Doctor, I can appreciate the ways this new incarnation is very different and very similar to previous ones. She’s far more sociable than the Twelfth Doctor, even though she still has problems—her own admitted social awkwardness—knowing what to say at parties. Graham, Ryan, and Jas—I love all three and how the Doctor refers to them as her best friends rather than her assistants or companions.  Also liked how the series handled some touchy issues fairly head-on instead of through a sci-fi allegory. Really wished we didn’t have to wait a year until Series 12, but that’s BBC management for you. 

My only real gripe has to be with the new TARDIS console room. I grew up with the classic series, so I’m a bit old school. I tend to prefer the console room to look bright and futuristic rather than dark and homegrown. Other than that, I think Season 11 was pretty cool.

Signature 

“Hello, my name is Human…”

Posted: 04 March 2019 07:21 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  2003-02-13

leela1977:

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

I’ve looked far and wide, but I have not been able to find the ratings for Canada and Australia. The ratings for BBC America and UK are easy to come by, but anything else is like ultra top secret.

IMHO, season 11 was the honeymoon period for Chris Chibnall and Jodi Whittaker ... a lot of good will and publicity helped the series. However, season 12 will have to do some serious hard work to win back the audience that abandoned the series. Despite what the BBC and its shills will have us believe, the number one complaint about season 11 was the God-awful writing, followed by the acting. Telling the fans to be quiet and calling them misogynists because they are unhappy with your product is a sure fire way to lose your audience.

Doctor Who use to be must watch TV ... sadly, now it feels like a wanna-be Class reboot.

Signature 

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Posted: 11 March 2019 02:56 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  1623
Joined  2001-02-16

I really enjoyed it. Sadly, though, Jodie is the replacement for my favourite doctor, so there’s always that in the back of my mind.

Signature 

Team Southern Cross!