Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Could Someone Pilot a Regut With a Spartan or VF in Battloid Mode?
Posted: 16 October 2014 04:27 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2014-08-08

Since the Zents and the VF-Battloid/Spartan Destroid are around the same size, could it be possible?

Signature 

“Learn to hide your strikes from your opponent and you’ll more easily strike his hide.” -The Sphinx

Posted: 18 October 2014 05:55 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Private
Joined  2014-08-08

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sizecharts/sizechart-zentradimeltrandi-mecha.jpg

Signature 

“Learn to hide your strikes from your opponent and you’ll more easily strike his hide.” -The Sphinx

Posted: 18 October 2014 11:39 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43404
Joined  2001-02-16

Perhaps with the veritech in battliod mode. The Spartan might be too bulky.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 20 October 2014 02:43 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11313
Joined  2003-09-16

If he could take the clothes off a Zentraedi and dress his Veritech all inside a small bathroom, I’m sure he could pilot a battlepod.

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 21 October 2014 12:03 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2003-02-14

if the wings would allow the mech to sit down.

Signature 

Be strong, and do as you will.
The swords of others will set you your limits.
All knowledge is worth having.
VF-103 “Jolly Rogers”, Intel Officer, LCDR
MODEX:AA-101 “Victory One-Zero-One Bravo”
CallSign “Razor”

A.k.L. founder.

Posted: 23 October 2014 04:35 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Joined  2014-08-08

Maybe I’ll have one of my artist friends do a rendition of this.  I’ll keep you posted, but don’t hold your breath.  They can be a lazy sort. -_-

Signature 

Posted: 28 October 2014 10:07 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1273
Joined  2002-06-02

If you discount thinking caps (and why would you?  wink ), wouldn’t there be some lag time in operation?

You’re talking about operating a VT which is in turn piloting another mecha. I would think that would be some lag time between the two, thus slowing down the overall performance of the enemy mech.

Signature 

Verda Gildr - ‘Become Worthy’

Posted: 28 October 2014 04:59 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Joined  2014-08-08

That’s a good point.  It wouldn’t be an easy thing to do.  But as BlaqChaos mentioned,  how well would Max do at it?

Signature 

Posted: 28 October 2014 05:23 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  509
Joined  2009-11-22

He’s Max, after all. Though I doubt he’d be at the level of an upper tier Zentraedi officer.

Besides, the pod’s controls are intended to be simple. Much simpler than a Veritech’s. It’s just that, the Veritech’s tolerances might not match up well with the pod cockpit’s. I suppose if a Robotech engineer were on hand they could program the Veritech controls so that it maps well to the pod’s.

Posted: 09 November 2014 02:05 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  1669
Joined  2001-08-01

Not sure how precise a battloid is with its fingers.  Then there’s the issue of can they even sit in the pod. 

My answer would be “no.”

Signature 

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side….I’ve never seen anything to make me believe there’s one all-powerful force controlling everything. There’s no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

E.A.C.

Posted: 01 December 2014 08:48 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2001-02-16

They can wear zentredi cloths. Just use the small manipulator hands in the arms to control anything precise.

Posted: 26 December 2014 02:37 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-12-26

seee me imagino.. si no mal recuerdo.. estamos hablando de mas de 12 años atras,
creo yo era menor y ya tengo 29 años jaja! pero bueno me alegro q siga existiendo la pagina y q aun haya fanaticos!

adil

Posted: 16 January 2015 07:30 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2001-02-16

Why so many locked threads?!?!

Posted: 16 January 2015 10:33 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43404
Joined  2001-02-16

Why so many locked threads?!?!

Boils down to lack of attention mainly. If an open thread doesn’t receive a new response within a certain amount of time, it gets locked.

Other reasons include:
Politics
Spamming
Name calling/fighting (though more often results in a member, or members being banned)
Straying from the topic
Fulfilling its purpose

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 15 October 2020 09:49 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2019-11-18

i did not know about this that we could maintain and trick the program through our coding changing but I have started to learn more things with ozessay review website where I can check more articles and topics related to my work and other effects that can give you for sure more educations like any other website