Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
 1 2 > 
1 of 2
2012 Robotech Convention Tour Suggestion Thread!
Posted: 10 November 2011 12:50 PM  
Site Admin
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2004-09-29

Hello Everyone,

It is hard to believe but the 2011 Robotech Convention Tour is wrapping up this Friday at PMX. While we are preparing for our final tour stop, I’m fast at work booking stops for the 2012 Robotech Convention Tour at conventions large and small! While I’m busy booking events, I wanted to take a moment to answer many of the questions I have been receiving in regards to what is going for 2012!

http://www.robotech.com/images/content/NWS_455_1_8083.gif

WHERE DOES THE ROBOTECH CONVENTION TOUR GO?

The Robotech Convention Tour goes to conventions, film festivals and events that it is invited to attend.

HOW CAN I BRING THE ROBOTECH CONVENTION TOUR TO MY LOCAL CONVENTION?

Contact your local convention(s) and tell them that you want the 2012 Robotech Convention Tour to make a stop at your local convention to get your business! Feel free to give them my e-mail so they can contact me:

kev@robotech.com

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT THAT I TELL MY LOCAL CONVENTION ABOUT THE TOUR?

Conventions want to bring in guests that their fans demand. If more people demand the tour the tour can go to more places.

HOW DO I FIND A CONVENTION NEAR ME?

AnimeCons.com has a comprehensive database of Anime Conventions all around the world. You look at their database here

http://www.animecons.com/events

I LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. CAN THE TOUR MAKE A STOP IN MY COUNTRY?

YES! However, you must let your local conventions or film festivals know that you want the 2009 Robotech Convention Tour to make a stop at your local convention or film festival in your country to get your business! Feel free to give them my e-mail so they can contact me:

kev@robotech.com

We will make every reasonable effort to attend events outside of the United States, however, those events must extend an invitation to the tour.

I RUN A CONVENTION. WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR ME TO BOOK THE TOUR?

Please e-mail me at kev@robotech.com to find out more information.

WHEN WILL WE FIND OUT WHAT CITIES ARE BOOKED FOR 2012?

The first round of tour stops will be posted here in Jan. 2012:

http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=455

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Signature 

Your BankofKev since 1998.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 24 November 2011 09:23 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  2617
Joined  2004-09-14

MUST get in touch with Connecticon. Everywhere else is too far…

Can’t do PA or Boston…. Truck has 200K+ on it. The wheels would fall off…

NYC? Meh, train sucks. How can I take home all that RT swag on a train, especially from Grand Central? Plus, everyone knows you can’t go to NYC and come home sober. I’d forget all that swag on the train in my drunkeness…

Connecticon is the answer!

That was all out loud, wasn’t it? :o

Seriously, will get in touch with CTcon. Looking forward to seeing you there, former Nutmegger! ^_^

Signature 

Semper Vigilans

MASTER STEEBU KNOWS ALL!

MM Triumverate!!

DARK HELMET of the Dark Fin /Tunasmith
Keeper of the Ancient Tuna of Chaos

RT.COM Birthday Sunshine Spreaders

“Don’t worry, Kid. You’ll get your 8!”

Stagehand with IATSE 74
Southwest Connecticut

Posted: 01 December 2011 11:25 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2001-02-17

Hi Kevin,

I am hoping that the Robotech Tour will come to FAN EXPO in Toronto, Ontario, CANADA on August 23-26, 2012. This is now the third biggest fandom convention in North America, behind only San Diego Comic Con and Wizard World Chicago. Last year, they drew 80,000 fans. The convention center is nice, and surrounded by affordable hotels in friendly downtown Toronto. Anime is a specific part of this convention, but Robotech has never been a part of the action, so join us! One of the bookers for this event is James and he can be reached at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Please contact him so you can come in August! I hope that you guys will have some announcements about your projects after Shadow Chronicles. It seems like FOREVER since that came out! But at a minimum, it’d be nice to be able to buy the new soundtrack that was announced at San Diego, and get an autograph or two! grin
[removed]insertText(’ ^_^ ‘)

Posted: 07 December 2011 07:16 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2002-12-05

Jan 28-29
State College, PA
http://www.setsucon.com/

Posted: 19 December 2011 02:11 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2001-05-10

Fan Expo is indeed Canadas largest fantasy and sci-fi convention. It also has quite the exposure with full coverage on the Space Channel and G4 TV during the time the convention is running.

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/

Mav…

Signature 

That’s X-COM baby!

Posted: 08 January 2012 12:32 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2001-05-10

This is by far Canadas largest anime convention, link below;

http://www.animenorth.com/main/

Mav…

Signature 

That’s X-COM baby!

Posted: 08 January 2012 06:41 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-04-14

There’s just “one little problem”... by the time that I could get down to L.A., to Animé Expo, all of my money will be spent, on traveling down there — and, let’s not forget about Lodging (hotels/motels), for the other days, that you would want to spend, because you missed out on some stuff, the day before…!
:(

The SAD part, of it all, is that L.A.‘s the CLOSEST city (for me), to host it — San Diego‘s TOO FAR AWAY!
mad

Signature 

RICK: Hey Roy, who’s the old sourpuss?
LISA: “OLD SOURPUSS?!!”

Posted: 10 January 2012 03:26 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2001-02-18

This year WonderCon is going to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center (usually it’s up in San Francisco), the weekend of March 16-18.  A smaller version of SDCC, WonderCon has been growing over the last few years and would be a great place to showcase Robotech.

Signature 

Only mediocre intellects can endure the tedium of being good. -Tesla

Posted: 14 January 2012 12:46 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  2617
Joined  2004-09-14

Sorry to be a pest, but did you hear anything from CT? Not getting an answer from them… Hope they’re not based in Gun-Waivin’ New Haven, they mighta been shot…

Signature 

Semper Vigilans

MASTER STEEBU KNOWS ALL!

MM Triumverate!!

DARK HELMET of the Dark Fin /Tunasmith
Keeper of the Ancient Tuna of Chaos

RT.COM Birthday Sunshine Spreaders

“Don’t worry, Kid. You’ll get your 8!”

Stagehand with IATSE 74
Southwest Connecticut

Posted: 16 January 2012 07:36 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-10-11

Hi Kev,
Will there be any hope on a visit to the United Kingdom anytime in the near future? wink It’ll be fantastic since I won’t be able to make any trips to the U.S. for the next 2 years.. :(

Signature 

Veritech Shadow Fighter (VFA-6x) Pilot.

Posted: 16 January 2012 03:51 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Site Admin
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  2004-09-29

Tronne,

We would love to return to the U.K.! However, you must let your local conventions or film festivals know that you want the 2012 Robotech Convention Tour to make a stop at your local convention or film festival in your country to get your business! Feel free to give them my e-mail so they can contact me:

kev@robotech.com

We will make every reasonable effort to attend events outside of the United States, however, those events must extend an invitation to the tour.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Signature 

Your BankofKev since 1998.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 21 January 2012 08:00 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-01-21

YO! big fan of robotech. My dad colored the next generation comics from comico. His name is Kurt Mausert. I’m his kid,Nathan Mausert. He was wondering if he could be aguest. His email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) If .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) could give him a reply that’d be great. Thank you so much! ˆ_ˆ

Posted: 25 January 2012 07:28 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  2007-08-09

Dallas Comic con has grown larger every year and last years event was no different. Thousands of fans packed the Irving Convention Center in Irving, Texas to see guest like Stan “The Man” Lee, James O’barr, and Leonard Nimoy.

This year Stan “The Man” Lee returns to the Dallas Comic Con and I would like nothing more then to add the 2012 Robotech Tour to Dallas Comic Con 2012.

I have emailed Ben Stevens (DCC producer .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) requesting the Robotech Tour.

Anyone else interested please email Ben at the DCC and Kevin here at RT.com.

Thank you guys and hope this works.

Signature 

A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? -Albert Einstein

Find Me on Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/markwarlock

Posted: 26 January 2012 11:44 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2004-07-02

I think that if the Robotech tour came to Chi-Town it would amazing. C2E2 gets bigger and bigger every year. Check it out! There’s big stuff happening this year with Marvel and the avengers movie, Valiant comics making its comeback and DC with its new 52 line. This con is probably the biggest *Comic Event* in the mid-west…Just please check it out!!  ^_^

Signature 

Brad

Posted: 26 January 2012 05:52 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-01-10

I also would love some Robotech love at C2E2.

Posted: 30 January 2012 04:17 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2002-12-05

30,000+ attendees last year!  Time to see some Robotech there.

1 2 > 
1 of 2