Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Lancer’s Summer Movie Review Today’s Flick:  Thor (NO SPOILERS!)
Posted: 06 May 2011 09:18 AM  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  814
Joined  2001-02-16

THUNDER BOLTS AND LIGHTNING VERY VERY FRIGHTENING ME!!

Hey Fight fans, Tis I w/ another review and this time its THOR!!!

Well I have to say, of the Marvel characters that were done and are in existence Thor is an interesting cookie.  I mean how do you write a comic about a God??

Well this movie has taken this comic and brought it to life, and oh btw NATALIE PORTMAN & KAT DENNINGS ARE HOT!!!!

Now my only beef w/ this movie is that some of the SFX were BAD…You can tell when they were in Asgard and Earth the Major differences w/ the SFX and Camera work.  I dunno who did the SFX but they weren’t good at all.

I enjoyed the acting and the plot was believable (If you saw the Marvel cartoon of Thor you have the origin story) which is what they used for the movie.

NATALIE PORTMAN IS HOT!!

I did enjoy some of the battle sequences.  All in All I am more looking fwd to Capt. America (F*** Yeah!) and Avengers.

I give Thor in my 1 - 5 Scale a 3.5 (Alpha-Cyclone)

Great Music, and good cast, but Cheezy SFX and you can see this movie as a Matinee and still enjoy it. (Save your money on the 3-D)

Oh and did I mention that NATALIE PORTMAN IS HOT!!

Next movie more than likely will be Pirates 4 though I am not sure since I am broke :rofl:

Have a good wknd and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!  <3

Lancer Out B-)

NONJA!  :ninja:

Signature 

“Robotech is God…Robotech is Life!” - Lancer as quoted in the Robotech Shadow Chronicles

“Do you ever get the feeling that Everything in America is Completely F&*(ed Up?!” - HHH “Pump up the Volume”

SCRTGC’s Mr. June 2K5

Posted: 06 May 2011 09:42 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  5686
Joined  2007-04-08

Is Natalie Portman hot?

Signature 

If it ain’t in the Robotech show itself… It didn’t neccessarily happen.

Thanks, Carl Macek, for introducing me to all these folks.  Even the ones who bug me.

Posted: 06 May 2011 11:22 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  726
Joined  2008-03-12

I saw it a few days ago (we all have our resources lol) and I enjoyed the movie because of his growth throughout and the Loki angle was a good one (can’t remember if that’s how it was originally in the old Norse mythology books). And Jeanie, yes Natalie Portman is hot!!!

Signature 

In order to be a good leader,one must learn how to follow.

If you do not stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Make the most of your oppuritunities because you’ll never when you’ll have another chance

Member of A.k.L.

Posted: 06 May 2011 09:36 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11032
Joined  2003-04-09

also, like other Marvel movies, sit past the credits for a very interesting and cool easter egg…

Signature 

Dark Fin “Sprinkler of Fixins”“"Freedom of speech doesn’t protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate.”“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

Posted: 06 May 2011 09:41 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  27046
Joined  2002-02-07

:101:

Signature 

Narrator,Quartermaster,Arbiter Of The Banshee.
Honored Member Of The Mighty DOL.
Head Of Security Of The Galactic Cantina.
The Grim Reaper of the Dark Fin.

Posted: 07 May 2011 10:10 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2001-07-19

I also liked the cameo appearance.

Signature 

Guardian Devil

Posted: 07 May 2011 10:46 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2003-04-09

it would be there could be a bit more “verilys” and ‘have at Thee” and maybe one “I say thee Nay”

but it was a great movie, which showed the furor of Thor in battle, no jokes, no unnessisary humor.. just straight buttkicking.

Signature 

Dark Fin “Sprinkler of Fixins”“"Freedom of speech doesn’t protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate.”“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

Posted: 08 May 2011 07:02 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  283
Joined  2002-10-01

have liked to see the winged helmet being worn a bit more… maybe on DVD/BluRay Kenneth Branagh said he had to cut a good 30 minutes off of the final film during an interview I heard on XM. I liked the references to the other Avengers family of films sprinkled here and there, some obvious, others not so much…

Posted: 08 May 2011 06:56 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2003-04-09

did anyone else spot<spoiler>The Eye of Agamotto in the halll of objects?</spoiler>

Signature 

Posted: 08 May 2011 09:32 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  43402
Joined  2001-02-16

It seems that there are two movies for me to see now.
Fast Five and Thor.

Signature 

You’re never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Posted: 09 May 2011 12:41 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  607
Joined  2011-04-24

not only is he a director who directed the horrible Frankenstein with Robert DeNero. Nice try but no cigar.

I fell asleep watching his 4 hour borefest Hamlet when it was cable a a decade ago and I hated the style of the dialog in any shakespeerian movie.

Much to do about nothing had a master class of a cast but still hate the dialog

he was a trip in Harry Potter 2.

good actor and decent director.

all in all I can’t wait to check thor out when I get a chance.