Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
gundam wing endless waltz
Posted: 19 February 2001 01:47 PM  
Private
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2001-02-19

just wondering what y’all thought of gundam wing endless waltz if you’ve seen it.  i just rented it on dvd last weekend even though i know i don’t like gundam that much.  i don’t know what i was thinking at the time…  probably “ooh, dvd for rent…  i’ll check this out.”  ...but it’s funny because i thought it was actually pretty cool.

Posted: 19 February 2001 02:06 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2001-02-16

I thought the story was good, but the mecha had changed so much from the TV series that it was hard to adjust. I would’ve slapped Mariemaia too!

“Are you guys doing the right thing?”-Wufei

Signature 

“We are all Kosh.”
Vorlon to Captain Sheriden

Posted: 19 February 2001 02:23 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2001-02-16

I personally liked the whole Gundam Wing saga. Some people didn’t like it I really don’t see why though.  Anyway it had a great story line but this proved my whole theory about the things wrong with Gundam Wing.  Why did we throw away all wepons? If people didn’t want to fight anymore then that is the end so there is no need to get rid of wepons.

Signature 

Chief Justice of the Robotech Supreme Court

http://www.gamesurge.net

Posted: 19 February 2001 02:58 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2001-02-16

it was alright. Not the greatest anime movie…but far from being the worst. =^_^=

Signature 

Life Doesn’t Have To Be Perfect To Be Wonderful
———————————————————————-
Escape the Ordinary - - - Be Part of TRN
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/therobotechnetwork

Posted: 19 February 2001 03:48 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2001-02-16

for some reason, I really like Gundam wing (no, I am not an anime newbie).  I lvoe the gundams in endless waltz, but I don’t like how they are the same in the flashbacks.  Thats takes out when they changed them during the series.  The customs should have been what they changed into (ie: deathscythe becomes D-hell custom instead of D-hell)

Signature 

Rats line On nO evil staR

Posted: 19 February 2001 04:44 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2001-02-18

I’m not sure what you mean Prolauk, but they _do_ call it D-Hell Custom. Trust me, I’m a die hard GW fan and since Deathscythe Hell Custom is my favorite Gundam, I had to point it out. By the way, I think that the new Gundams are better than the old. Heavy Arms Custom just kicks major ass, the new Shenlong/Altron is cool too. And ya can’t go wrong with Wing Custom. Pure beauty.

Signature 

“Roy? Roy!!”

Posted: 19 February 2001 05:44 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2001-02-17

I liked “Endless Waltz” but didn’t like the extremes they were going to to make sure and keep peace. I know if I had a bunch of people shooting at me I would be shooting to kill! That said the Gundams were awesome and I though by and large it was very good.

Posted: 19 February 2001 08:01 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2001-01-30

Gundam designs…okay.  I didn’t like the Deathsythe Hell Custom.  I like the Deathscythe Hell alot more and I won’t even start on the Wong Zero custom or the rest.  I did like the Tallgeese III though.  Storyline was okay.  I didn’t like it for two reasons though.  Needs to be strechted out to be more time comsuming.  Also, KILL THE MOBILE SUIT PIOLETS!!!!  I didn’t like that, the wing zero should have fallen to crud after the battle either.  Not likely enough in my opinion.  ~Kyle

Signature 

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

I don’t belong to this squadron (points) nor that one (points again)  but I’m a proud slave to Mir, who recieves cookies, and follower of TPS.

Posted: 19 February 2001 10:03 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2001-02-16

Didnt you guys find it to be….well….boaring?
I sure did….

Signature 

Terrorism is a act of cowardice…Let us all pray this is not a taste of what is in store for the future…God help us all.

Posted: 19 February 2001 10:12 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2001-02-19

CRUD CRUD CRUD! MAN, disappointing central! Ok, the story was good, the action, not so good. They only Gundam we saw that had its fullest potential was Gundam Nataku. We saw a little (like 20%) of what HeavyArms Kai could really do and saw barely anything from the other Gundams. Zero was the most disappointing of all! He could have kicked Natuku’s royal boo-tang in a heart beat but instead got “his” boo-tang kicked. Also, they did not “upgrade” the Gundams, but they instead redrew them to make them look better. If you notice in the series, regular Zero destroyed that Libra block, but in the movie, Zero Custom destroyed the block. So, in other words, the Gundams should’ve looked like what we saw in the movie throughout the whole series.

Signature 

“In my territory, you are safe. But cross the line, you will be gone in no time with a Valkryie in my command.” -SwatKat

Posted: 19 February 2001 10:15 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2001-01-30

I love Gundam Wing and I am so sad ‘cause I didn’t get to see Endless Waltz yet. I got halfway thru it but I had to leave and the second time they aired it, my cable went out. I really wanna see it though.

Signature 

All we are is dust in the wind.

Posted: 19 February 2001 10:24 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Banned
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2001-02-19

Here is how the Gundams were Designated:

Series:
Wing Gundam 01
Deathscythe Gundam 02
Heavyarms Gundam 03
Shenlong Gundam 04
Sandrock Gundam 05
Epyon Gundam 06

New Gundam:
Wing Zero Gundam (Zero was a entirely new Gundam, he wasn’t upgraded from Wing Gundam 01.)

Upgraded Gundams:
Deathscythe Hell Gundam
Altron Gundam
Heavyarms Kai Gundam*
Sandrock Gundam*

*These versions were upgraded to go into space. The designs stayed the same.

Endless Waltz:
Wing Zero Gundam Custom
Heavyarms Kai Gundam Custom
Deathsythe Hell Gundam Custom
Sandrock Gundam Custom
Gundam Nataku “Altron” Gundam Custom

This is how the Gundam Designations were setup in the movie and series.

Signature 

“In my territory, you are safe. But cross the line, you will be gone in no time with a Valkryie in my command.” -SwatKat

Posted: 19 February 2001 11:05 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2001-01-30

I have the dvd and I really liked it, but Gundam Wing is not the best series in the Gundam universe

Signature 

LA-z BoYz Philosophy= Never Lift a Finger

Posted: 19 February 2001 11:40 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2001-02-18

I’ve seen Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz on Cartoon Network and they were OK. I enjoyed the series but not as much as others that I’ve seen.  I really Enjoyed Endless Waltz though and I’ve watched to over and over a couple of times.  I also got to start with Gundam: Stardust Memory.  I got to see the first few episodes and it has a different feel compared to the wing series.  It also seems to show the reprecussions of war much better than Gundam Wing did.  Overall it was cool and I hope I can get the whole series soon.

Posted: 20 February 2001 01:21 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2001-01-30

When I was in Japan I rented GW: Endless Waltz, even though I didn’t speak nearly enought Japanese to understand it.  I was SO excited when it aired on Cartoon network, but I was dissapointed that they left scenes out.  It must have been the 3-part OAV series version.  Does anybody have the DVD?  I hear it has both versions.

Signature 

If at first you don’t succeed… don’t try skydiving.

Liason to House Atreides and good dragons everywhere.

Posted: 20 February 2001 04:29 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2001-02-16

IIRC, I read somewhere that the artists for EW were different than the artists for the series, and those artists drew the Gundams according to their tastes, not for any particular sense of continuity.  The “customs” are, in the viewpoint of EW, how the Gundams always looked, even to the point of disregarding the mid-series “upgrades” to the various units.  Take a close look at Heavyarms when Trowa / noname was working on construction & Deathscythe when Duo was planning on bombing it.  Both units are the “custom” model.

‹‹ Yoko Kanno      evangelion ››