email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
SDF-1/Stealth/Shadow Tech
Posted: 31 August 2007 01:11 AM  
Corporal
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2007-06-29

Good evening ladies & gentlemen,

The SDF-1 is easily the most well regarded vessel in ROBOTECH:The Macross Saga,not to mention of course the flagship of the mighty BREETAI. It is in this new topic of discussion That the subject of stealth technology,and a corrected shadow tech(trojan horse free) technology) may be applied to these 2 great vessels. Either of these vessels in their standard forms are very impressive,not to mention extremely deadly.

Applying RAM (Radar absorbing Material),and non reflective surfacing to these vessels will make them stealth indeed,now add Shadow tech that has had those pesky “trojan horses"isolated and removed. This makes these vessels even more so into the ultimate wraith. In the haydonites quest to wipe out all who use protoculture they forgot 1 thing, that thing is that humans are not as predictable as they think.

Once these upgrades and restorations are done on these ships,not to mention their upgraded compliments of mecha,power armor,and assorted vehicles the ultimate throwdown with the haydonites can begin,and perhaps Ariel’s quest to show her mother & her lover scott that we(humans & invid) can co exist,and peacably at that, then the a true unified force of Zentraedi,Tiresian,Invid, and terran human troops can bring down the Haydonites hard.

Feel free everyone to post your pov’s,theories,thought,and the like,they are more than welcome.

Have a pleasant evening ladies & gentlemen,regards
RESCUE-1

Signature 

RESCUE-1 has returned,as has the dreaded VF-72nd “HIGHLANDERS” RESCUE SQDRN. Immortales Animus curro solvo Get out of my skies scumbag!! The skies like our world belong to us !!

Posted: 31 August 2007 08:16 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Master Sergeant
Total Posts:  4041
Joined  2005-02-08

Both have been long since destroyed or scrapped.

Signature 

“An optimist says the glass is half full
A pessimist says the glass is half empty
An engineer says the glass was poorly designed and clearly too large”

“Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.”
-Anonymous

Posted: 31 August 2007 11:37 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-06-29

Translated it means “that which once was will be.”

What I was trying to get started was to reclaim the remains secretly of SDF-1 thereby integrating it into a stealth model of the SDF-1,thus in using the schematics of the orig.ship onfile at either the UEG,or the factory sat, or space station liberty,or MB.Aluce.Get the ship built ,give it the designator it so richly deserves and launch the SDF once more.

also keep in mind ND that the SDF-1 was rumored to have regenerative/self repair ability.

as for BREETAI’s flagship I meant his type of ship,the name of it escapes me,as for it’s accurate spelling.But I’m sure many ROBOTECH/MACROSS fans will be kind enough to give me the accurate spelling.

In using Stealth tech(RAM=Radar Absorbing material),and a corrected Shadow Tech (meaning isolating and eliminating the “trojan horses”)

The ships would then be invisible to the Haydonites and Invid.Launching ships of this nature,and having compliments of VERITECHS,DESTROIDS,POWER ARMOR,CYCLONES,will indeed also send the message that the Humans are not nearly as predictable as the Haydonites thought.

also I forsee a treaty being forged between the humans of earth(Terran Humans),Tiresians,The Zentraedi,and the Invid.This would obviously be brought about by Ariel ,and of course her acting as a emmisary.The threat this would bring about to the Haydonites will indeed be a whole lot more than they thought.

Launch these 2 ships of the type mentioned above and it will bring a serious turn against the Haydonites,but for those allied by a treaty with the above races(ROBOTECH FORCES)this will be the ultimate boone. If 2 SDF vessels are built and their 2 Zentraedi flagships as well,then ladies & gentlemen you are looking at the Four Horsemen.With whatever mecha,ships,and man power(or invid power as it were.) The Regis would bring to the table of this treaty ,and the exchange of technology therin may also provide some element of trust to this treaty.Trust also of course would be crucial,especially where the Regis is concerned given her past dealings humans,and also a relationship that broke her heart.

Maybe the war against the Haydonites will bring closure,and with it a end to “The Children Of The Shadow”.

That should of been explained perhaps better in the previous post,however Napolean I do have yahoo I.M. and I do encourage people to shoot a line out my way. If they have questions a answer will be provided.

Regards to all our fellow members of ROBOTECH.COM,
RESCUE-1

Signature 

RESCUE-1 has returned,as has the dreaded VF-72nd “HIGHLANDERS” RESCUE SQDRN. Immortales Animus curro solvo Get out of my skies scumbag!! The skies like our world belong to us !!

Posted: 01 September 2007 07:46 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  3290
Joined  2001-03-13

Their are a few problems.

RAM (and other conventional Stealth Technologies) do not make you completely invisible to enemy sensors.  They just make the detection range shorter.

Why would they need the remains of the SDF-1 to build a new copy if they have the plans?  The SDF-1’s self-repair capacity was shown to be limited and not unique to that ship in TMS (“Blind Game”).

Both the Nupetiet Vergnitzs (Zentraedi Flagship like Breetai commanded) and the SDF-1-type vessel likely are not the most efficient use of the limited supply of protoculture (the destruction of Liberty and the fleet ships there could not have helped the situation loosing their stockpiles).

There still is the issue of making a “Shadow Device” work without the Trojan Horse effect.  There might not be anything that could be done,if the weakness is a byproduct of the shadow process itself.

Signature 

Supreme Commander Leonard is an Agent of the Robotech Masters.

Posted: 01 September 2007 09:33 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2003-04-13

I think they would have gathered up all the protoculture they could and than blow up space station liberty

Posted: 01 September 2007 11:14 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-06-29

The point that was interesting is our happy go lucky ROBOTECH doctor DR.Nichols uses AM as a way of keeping lines of communication open between the Veritechs of SKULL,and of course their ship.

seeing as a large majority of us see a.m. as essentially obsolete as morse code,yet still simple and effective. if am can find it’s way into the ROBOTECH universe so can stealth.

as to the protoculture being gathered up I see that as possible shoot Ariel can pop in and out, and snag whatever protoculture she can grab.

finding out whatever weaknesses are inherrent in the shadow systems (shadow tech) is best left to Louis Nichols,now DR.Nichols.

As for the integration of tech screening out whats dated or obsolete,this is best left to DR.Nichols and his team.

There is a saying that goes “As ancient as time,and as modern as tomorrow” As a sword collector and fancier I beleive this paticular saying applies to technology too.

Lets see where this goes,perhaps our friends at Harmony Gold and ROBOTECH.com (TOMMY,STEVE,and the GANG) can use the ideas at this topic of discussion.

GENTLEMEN THIS POST IS OPEN 4 ALL CONTRIBUTIONS,regards
RESCUE-1

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2007 11:33 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-09-01

Anyway the Shadow tech didn’t really have a trojan, that was a metephor for the fact the=at the hedinites or however they spell it, had counter technology that reacted adversely with the devices and caused them to malfunction. Think of it this way, if your psp or ds recieves a bad signal it will misfire a command and lock up, now thats not to bad, but now say your psp or ds is really and energy gathering device of some sort meant to fire a beam or what not, it gets this bad signal and misfires a command, friezes up in the smae mannor looping its last proper command (gather energy) now looping this you gather far too much energy than can be maintained and.. well you have seen the outcome. To say it has a trojan would be to say the technology was already made and sabatoged and we just installed it. We took information given to us, descifered it and came up with what we could from it. Now from this you may argue or whatever you would like to do, but for now enjoy a smiley slapping another smiley with a fish. :bonk:

Posted: 02 September 2007 11:35 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Private
Joined  2007-09-01

as for the SDF-1, It’s gone, they do not have the plans ect. for it, they studied and retrofitted it, that was all. they never really took the tme to completely go over it, they didnt have the time to do so. you can tell this by the fact that rick and minmei get lost in an unknown area still set up as for awsome sized people, such as the zendreati.

Posted: 03 September 2007 03:06 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-06-29

Deciphered,not descifered ,but your p.o.v. is noted welcome to ROBOTECH.COM

RESCUE-1

PS:
a returned tuna surprise to you to :bonk:

Signature 

Posted: 03 September 2007 08:38 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Private
Joined  2007-09-01

Well thanks for the welcome, I didnt realize I made that mistake last night. ~Just got out of work then and was tired as all could be. My brain doesnt function properly at that level. (not that ive ever been the best at spelling.)

Posted: 03 September 2007 09:58 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-06-29

Had some tough shift duty before myself.Shoot alot of personel at ROBOTECH.COM had the tough duty gig.The lounge is a cool place to be,definately welcoming troops.

RESCUE-1

Signature 

Posted: 03 September 2007 10:01 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Corporal
Joined  2007-06-29

The small talk forum is cool to,forgot to mention them.a senior moment perhaps lol.
RESCUE-1

Signature 

Posted: 11 June 2022 10:39 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2022-05-17

Both the Nupetiet Vergnitzs (Zentraedi Flagship like Breetai commanded) and the SDF-1-type vessel likely are not the most efficient use of the limited supply of protoculture (the destruction of Liberty and the fleet ships there could not have helped the situation loosing their stockpiles).

Bosch Power Tools

Posted: 04 July 2022 12:06 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2022-06-06

The point that caught my attention is how our jovial ROBOTECH doctor, DR. Nichols, uses AM to maintain contact with the Veritechs of SKULL and, of course, their ship.

given that the vast majority of us consider the morning to be as basic and useful but ultimately antiquated as morse code. Stealth can exist in the ROBOTECH universe if am can.

Regarding how the protoculture is being gathered, I think it’s feasible that Ariel may just pop in and grab anything she can.

It is advisable to leave Louis Nichols, now DR. Nichols, in charge of discovering any flaws inherent in the shadow systems (shadow tech).

It is better to leave the integration of technology and the filtering out of outmoded or obsolete components to Dr. Nichols and his team.octordle