Password   forgot password?
 1 2 > 
1 of 2
Hows the new season of BattleStar?
Posted: 24 September 2005 05:54 PM  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2005-08-13

i live in Canada and season two doesn’t start till sometime after december on our local science fiction channel. i was just wondering how is it, and is it better or the same as the first season? please no spoilers smile

thanks

Signature 

- One mans junk is another’s mans protoculture…

Posted: 24 September 2005 07:19 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  5342
Joined  2001-01-30

Over raspberry

Actually this whole season was awesome!  You really don’t miss the lack of outterspace action because the human drama is so great… remind you of any aime from the 80’s?

wink

Signature 

*************** ===========
* * * * * * * * * * ===========
*************** ===========
* * * * * * * * * * ===========
======================
======================
======================

twitter/IG: @andyzoric

Posted: 25 September 2005 11:47 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  8437
Joined  2001-03-21

I see what you mean Az. The first half of this season has been outstanding! In the summer finale they come across another Battlestar. One they thought was destroyed. It’s called Pegasus.

Signature 

Robotech Marine Corps
A.k.L. member
First Mate of the Banshee
Weilder of the giant squid.
Admiral Jerry,Commander in Chief of Starfleet
United States Navy Veteran

Posted: 25 September 2005 02:21 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2004-07-24

what time is season 1 on the space channel up here, i was just introduced t the series. of course by watching the old ones

Posted: 25 September 2005 02:43 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2001-07-02

It’s good man, it’s good. The season finale is gripping

Signature 

Long live Hardcore Metal"Blood dripping from the wall”-Tom Araya
I’ll be in the lounge drinking a beer

I come from a long line of frothing at the mouth, chewing on the carpets, screaming lunatics. So why did I turn out O.K.? cackle cackle

Posted: 25 September 2005 08:14 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  2001-05-10

I have the all the Battlestar Galactica boxsets, classic and new, as well as dish to see stuff we canadians dont’ get through regular cable. Season two is awesome. I prefer FireFly for the character drama though, as its better in that arena. But for political intrigue, suspense and action. Well Battlestar has got me completely hooked.

It’s still too early to tell if this new Battlestar Galactica series will play out the five years or so that they plan to have on TV. But I can tell that if it plays out for five years. Battlestar could be the next ‘It’ franchise to replace the overdone Star Trek.

It’s still no Robotech though… I think Robotech can still be considered as the ultimate hardcore SF series. Maybe in ten years they might have the technology to pull off a live action Robotech series.

Maverick Out!

Signature 

That’s X-COM baby!

Posted: 27 September 2005 08:29 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2005-08-13

For Penguinzero:

they already premired the first season last decemberish- janurary. but i think there repalying it again before the second season starts. jsut go to http://www.spacecast.com its should tell u there.

Signature 

- One mans junk is another’s mans protoculture…

Posted: 28 September 2005 02:38 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Sergeant
Total Posts:  747
Joined  2004-04-26

Man I’m impressed.  :rofl: ^_^

This is an instant classic. Can’t wait to see season II! I like how the end of season one leaves you hanging and wanting more! That’s why I think Robotech has held together so many years- it left us hanging.

Signature 

Why do Star Trek, TNG episodes end with ?

Wesley: WAIT! If we phaseshift the 4th-dimensional discombobulator it’ll neutralize the aliens.

Geordi: That’ll hydrogenate the wormhole near the Whatchamajigger like in the academy.

Picard: Make it so.

Posted: 28 September 2005 03:38 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2001-02-17

about Battlestar Galactica as a whole.  This season rocked and the acting is top notch.  Probably the best Sci-Fi series on the air, or at least in the top three.

Signature 

“Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” - JFK

Posted: 17 November 2005 01:49 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11313
Joined  2003-09-16

The Cylon war won’t be ending anytime soon.
The Sci Fi Channel has picked up its acclaimed series “Battlestar Galactica” for a third season, making official what has been suspected for some time. The cable network has ordered 20 episodes of the show, which will begin production early next year.

“Galactica’s” pickup comes a few weeks after the renewal of the channel’s two “Stargate” series, ensuring that the network’s strong Friday-night lineup will remain intact for at least the next year. All three shows will resume their current seasons in early January.

The entire principal cast of “Battlestar Galactica,” including Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell, is set to return for season three. Executive producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore, who developed the show from the late-1970s ABC series, will also remain with the show.
“Battlestar Galactica” has been both a critical and ratings success for Sci Fi. Original episodes consistently draw close to 3 million viewers, and along with the “Stargate” shows helps Sci Fi lead all of cable on Friday nights in the all-important adults 18-49 demographic.

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 18 November 2005 04:15 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  11032
Joined  2003-04-09

EXCELLENT!

Signature 

Dark Fin “Sprinkler of Fixins”“"Freedom of speech doesn’t protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate.”“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

Posted: 24 November 2005 08:21 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Total Posts:  241
Joined  2005-10-28

I really enjoyed the new battlestar show.Can be easily be compared to the orginial and not lose.
To Maverick_LSC the ultimate hardcore sci-fi is a tie between star trek(the orginial) and Dr.Who.Not to argue with you just stating my opnion.

Posted: 25 November 2005 08:57 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Private 1st Class
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2005-03-23

With most shows, the second season is often my favorite.

The plot and budget starts to heat up, but it’s still original.

BSG has, so far, been no exception. I like it a lot more than the first season.

I almost decided to not watch it because the first season bored me somewhat, but I don’t regret changing my mind.

Posted: 29 November 2005 08:10 AM   [ # 13 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2003-09-16

Episode transcripts.

http://www.galacticastation.com/Galactica Station/episodes/Transcripts/33.htm

Signature 

“Nothing’s difficult, everything’s a challenge.  Through adversity to the stars. To the last plane, to the last bullet to the last men to the last minute, we fight!  We fight!!  We fight!!! WE FIGHT!!  WE FIGHT!!!”

Posted: 29 November 2005 09:01 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2003-09-16

The Pegasus thing is a multi-part arc that won’t wrap up right away.  <spoiler>Admiral Caine is going to promote Starbuck to the position of Pegesus CAG.  Which will put her in an awkward position not only because she’s not used to being in command, but now Apollo is her subordinate.  And the March season Finale is suppose to “reset the clock in a whole new way.”</spoiler>

Signature 

Posted: 29 November 2005 09:14 AM   [ # 15 ]  
Master Chief Sergeant
Joined  2003-09-16

<spoiler>Synopsis: Lt. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace (Katee Sackhoff) prevents a potentially deadly face-off between the Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus when she arrives at the last minute bearing stunning recon photos of the Cylon “Resurrection” ship. Unable to resist this tempting target, Commander William Adama (Edward James Olmos) and Admiral Helena Cain (Michelle Forbes) establish an uneasy truce as they agree to prioritize the destruction of the “Resurrection” ship, tabling their conflicts, for now. But Adama remains distrustful, as he learns that Cain’s survive-at-all-costs attitude saw Pegasus abandon its civilian fleet months ago. Disturbed by this news, President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) believes that as soon as the Resurrection ship is destroyed, Cain will jettison Galactica’s civilian fleet. As the power struggle continues with Cain, Adama must make an impossible decision, on the eve of a battle that could change the face of the Cylon war.

Signature 

1 2 > 
1 of 2