Create an Account

email Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?
Trigun
Posted: 17 February 2001 06:47 PM  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2001-01-30

Who here watches the show Trigun? I believe this to be one of the funniest anime series I’ve ever seen. So far i’ve seen the first 16 episodes all dubbed.

Signature 

“There is no beauty in the flower that is not shared.”
- Myself

MEMBER #3 OF THE KARAOKE MAFIA

Posted: 17 February 2001 07:08 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2001-01-30

lets just say that I’m looking at my brand new, un-opened DVD of the first four eps.  I can’t wait till I do watch it.  I just hope I can get myself off this forum to actually watch it though.  ~Kyle

Signature 

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

I don’t belong to this squadron (points) nor that one (points again)  but I’m a proud slave to Mir, who recieves cookies, and follower of TPS.

Posted: 17 February 2001 08:14 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2001-02-16

YEAH!  I love trigun.  Wolfwood is one of the coolect anime charcters there is.  I have all 6 dvds out, and will boviously gett he other two.  Also, for any trigun fans, I recomend buying the mcfarlane figure, and the import vash and wolfwood figues if you see them in a store (msotly in suncoast or media play).

Signature 

Rats line On nO evil staR

Posted: 17 February 2001 08:39 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2001-02-15

I haven’t seen the whole series but the ones I’ve seen are great although I still don’t have a clue who the character really is… As for the toys, I prefer the japanese ones, but I have seen a black version of vash.  What is this about?  Is there a dark vash character in the end?

Posted: 17 February 2001 08:42 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
Total Posts:  422
Joined  2001-02-15

I’ve only seen 8 but from what I’ve seen its hillarious! Funniest anime hands down. :()
Much better than that half-rate comedy Tenchi! I can’t wait to see more!

Posted: 17 February 2001 09:20 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-01-30

The Dark Vash figure is merely a variant figure that doesn’t actually exist in the show as a character. I like Wolfwood as well, for a holy man he a bit wierd. Vash is at his funniest when trying to impress woman.

I’ve written two Trigun fanfics that I can send to anyone who’d like to see them.

Signature 

- Myself

Posted: 17 February 2001 09:48 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2001-02-15

I’ve seen episodes 1-13 with Clovis, but was unable to see the last three episodes of his Trigun series, and I must see those!  Great series so far, and it’s getting even better!  I like Vash’s gun, and the McFarlane toy of Vash is awesome!  The series is great!  Definitly a 10 on the rating scale. 

You should write another Trigun fanfic, Clovis, for they just keep getting better and better.

Signature 

“Our casulties are not sacrifices, they are a necessary shield for our cause”

Posted: 17 February 2001 10:14 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
Joined  2001-01-30

I’ll right another Trigun fanfic one of these days.

Signature 

- Myself

Posted: 18 February 2001 12:04 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Lt Commander
Total Posts:  173
Joined  2001-02-15

One of the better dubs I’ve seen in recent years, and starring my fave anime character of all time (though the series itself still doesn’t beat Escaflowne as my all-time favorite series).  Also, personally, while I’ve heard the McFarlane figure is pretty nice, it looks WAY too squat next to the Nightow-designed imports (Yasuhiro Nightow, of course, being the creator of the series, who has to be certifiably insane—the original manga is eye-twitchingly nuts!!!).

After seeing the entire series (untranslated, granted), it kinda drives me nuts that so much of the freaky stuff in the manga wasn’t in there.  But I figure there was just too much freaky stuff to cram into a 26-episode TV show.  Does make me hope for a sequel, but I’m sure you’ll agree when it’s over that a sequel is rather unlikely.

Wanna see how much I love the series?  Check my picture on my profile.  Just wish I could have gotten the hair right ... I should be able to manage it by AnimeExpo this year, I hope.  ^_^

Signature 

ROBOBLOG III: THE ODYSSEY - Robotech News, Reviews, & Commentary:  http://sdf5x.blogspot.com/
EMISSARIES: A ROBOTECH FANZINE: http://www.emissaries.info/
MY PLACE @ MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/captainjls

Posted: 18 February 2001 05:00 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Corporal
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2001-02-15

Ah Vash is a poor, porr guy.
The last half of the series is a complete mind (censor) on him, he’s forced to do things that he doesn’t want to do, for the betterment of everyone.
Poor guy.
Wolfwood (sniff, sniff), is cool, and someone who I want to be when I grow up.
Imagine, a Veritech with a huge cross as a weapon!
Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Signature 

“It’s sad to say, but humans have their limitations. Oh they try to build up their bodies, raise their consciousness, but they can only go so far.
You must have a personal understanding of that now.” - Laucorn Gaudimos

Posted: 18 February 2001 01:42 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2001-02-16

I love Trigun.  I think it cute, and funny.  But I wanted to warn the people that start in the beginning that it isn’t as light and funny as it seems.  The mysterious past that we see Vash pursuing is dangerous, to him and to us.  It isn’t till about half-way through that you feel it start to turn toward the darker side of things….

Signature 

The First Thing You Should Realize Is That I Have Already Won.

Posted: 19 February 2001 09:00 AM   [ # 11 ]  
Private
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2001-02-15

Although Trigun is a great series, it still doesn’t top my favorite anime ever, Escaflowne.  It’s a great anime!  Trigun is good, but, in my opinion, Escaflowne is better.  Now if only I can get Clovis to watch it and stop putting it down…

Signature 

“Our casulties are not sacrifices, they are a necessary shield for our cause”

‹‹ Gundam      What do you think of Outlaw Star? ››