Robotech - The Official Headquarters of the Robotech Universe!
The Macross SagaThe Robotech MastersThe New GenerationThe Shadow Chroniclescoming soon
NEWS
COMMUNITY
INFOPEDIA
GALLERY
STORE
SEARCH

RDF MEMBER
JOIN NOW
Forgot your Password?

RT Soundtracks
New Tunes!

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles movie
On Blu-Ray & DVD

faqs
Community » Forums » Southern Macrosspeada » Discussion Thread

Topic Author

Discussion Topic

CAPT_HIKARU_ICHIJO  

Subject: Yamato, Macross Director Noboru Ishiguro Passes Away 
Started on: March 21, 2012 - 7:45:55 AM

Studio Nue co-founder Haruka Takachiho reported on Wednesday that Noboru Ishiguro, the veteran director of such works as Space Battleship Yamato, the first color Astro Boy anime series (1980), The Super Dimension Fortress Macross, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes, has passed away. He was 73.

Haruka Kanata no Hikari ni mukete. Boku wa ima mou hashiritsuzukeru.....
Return to Message Index Report a problem

Response 1 of 3 

Steve Yun  

Subject: Huge tragedy in the anime world 
Posted on: March 21, 2012 - 3:30:30 PM
Edited on: March 21, 2012 - 3:31:39 PM

On top of his amazing professional work, he was an amazing human being. Jan Scott Frazier was in Japan, broke, hungry, displaced and jobless. A friend introduced her to Ishiguro and Ishiguro hired Jan as a production assistant at Artland Studios. Upon finding out that Jan had a three hour walk to get to work, Ishiguro loaned her some money to get new living arrangements.

Response 

RESCUE-1  

Subject: Thank you for posting Alois Fisher 
Posted on: March 23, 2012 - 4:54:38 PM

Subject: Alois Fisher ,thankyou for posting
Posted on: March 22, 2012 - 7:52:28 PM

I am sorry to hear of his passing,the anime realm has indeed lost a anime legend. The anime of Macross always carried with it meaning for fans of both Macross and the RTMS . In a way I can see posting this in both forums,especially to get this intel out,as sad as it is. GOD bless you ,and thanks.

RESCUE-1 has returned,as has the dreaded VF-72nd "HIGHLANDERS" RESCUE SQDRN. Immortales Animus curro solvo Get out of my skies scumbag!! The skies like our world belong to us !!

RESCUE-1 has returned,as has the dreaded VF-72nd "HIGHLANDERS" RESCUE SQDRN. Immortales Animus curro solvo Get out of my skies scumbag!! The skies like our world belong to us !!

Response 

Stigsentry87  

Subject: *sigh* 
Posted on: April 8, 2012 - 12:27:52 PM

If only he had survived for at least a couple more years.

Member of the Earth Liberation Force. WE WILL NOT STOP UNTIL EARTH IS WON BACK FROM THE INBIT!!!

DOL member
Return to Message Index Report a problem

By using this Web site, you are agreeing to the Terms of Use.
Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Robotech.com

©1985-2012 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All rights reserved.