Robotech - The Official Headquarters of the Robotech Universe!
The Macross SagaThe Robotech MastersThe New GenerationThe Shadow Chroniclescoming soon
NEWS
COMMUNITY
INFOPEDIA
GALLERY
STORE
SEARCH

RDF MEMBER
JOIN NOW
Forgot your Password?

RT Soundtracks
New Tunes!

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles movie
On Blu-Ray & DVD

faqs
Community » Forums » Robotech Production » Discussion Thread » Page [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Topic Author

Discussion Topic

Kevin McKeever  

Subject: A&E Home Entertainment ROBOTECH: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SERIES DVD Box Set Mega Thread! 
Started on: July 21, 2011 - 8:38:50 PM

A&E Home Entertainment, long an innovative pioneer in TV DVD, is partnering with Harmony Gold and Content Media to release ROBOTECH: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SERIES on DVD!

This October, A&E Home Entertainment will release ROBOTECH: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SERIES, a 17-disc collector’s set featuring all 85 episodes in their entirety, re-mastered from their original elements for this release.

Available for $99.95srp, the set will also feature four exclusive bonus discs with more than 10 hours of bonus content – much of which is new to DVD.

Among the new extras included are:

• The Making of Robotech Documentary
• Robotech Music Videos
• Robotech Overview
• Alternate versions of select Robotech episodes
• Robotech: The Movie supplementals (including several sequences NEW to DVD)
• Macross Original Pilot – 70 minute extended version
• Promotional reel of Robotech Launch in China

Please join us in welcoming A&E Home Entertainment to the Robotech universe!

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Your BankofKev since 1998.

kev@robotech.com
Return to Message Index Report a problem

Response 1 of 227 

aka_s2h  

Subject: Thanks Kevin 
Posted on: July 21, 2011 - 8:49:46 PM

This is a good sign!

85er Australia
DOL member
"The Shadow of the Robotech Masters has been allowed to rule this world for to long..........NOW IT MUST END!!!!!!"

Response 

Quadrono Leader Miriya Parino  

Subject: 
Posted on: July 21, 2011 - 9:48:05 PM

No offense, but how many times can you guys squeeze blood from the same stone?

Response 

Buried Alien  

Subject: 
Posted on: July 21, 2011 - 10:00:01 PM

I have a technical question about the release: will the defects from the ROBOTECH MASTERS portion of the previous ROBOTECH REMASTERED series release (e.g. fuzzy picture on menu, poorly synchronized sound on "Dana's Story" episode, and missing episode titles for some episodes) be corrected?

I'd like to know, because this will factor into whether I decide to purchase this newest release.

Response 

herobot  

Subject: .. 
Posted on: July 21, 2011 - 10:24:43 PM

hahaha.so cool

The official weibo of RTUCN
http://weibo.com/robotech

Response 

Maverick_LSC  

Subject: I'm more interested in... 
Posted on: July 21, 2011 - 10:52:42 PM
Edited on: July 21, 2011 - 10:53:52 PM

The 10 hours of bonus footage, that's alot of footage. It must be new material besides what was found on the Legacy box sets and the Carl Macek documentary.

I'm really keen on knowing what the alternate versions of the select episodes are about.

New incoming series based on this alternate version, a reboot of Robotech animation based on the live action movie???? Which we know will be a reboot as well!

Same dialogue and musical score with newly animated footage????

Mav...

!!!The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com!!!

Response 

DestintheValiant  

Subject: *sigh* 
Posted on: July 21, 2011 - 10:56:41 PM
Edited on: July 21, 2011 - 10:59:39 PM

And once again, instead of providing new content (and no, random footage they throw out at Conventions doesn't count for me), Harmony Gold is milking an already dry series with yet another DVD re-release. It's nice to see that Harmony Gold managed to sit on all those extras for all these years. Thanks, but no thanks. You already managed to sucker me into double-dipping on the ENTIRE series twice (original boxes, Remastered, Protoculture Collection), and I'm not going to be suckered again. I'll stick with my Protoculture Collection.

Besides, why not just throw this thing on Blu-Ray and be done with it? It's obvious you're going to do it at some point, with as many re-releases as this series has had.

Never run from a sniper. You will only die tired.

Response 

aka_s2h  

Subject: So this is not a positive sign because 
Posted on: July 21, 2011 - 11:18:10 PM

It is not exactly what you want ie movie or series.
Take a step back and look at the big picture. This is a first step. Is this not a rather major distributor that has picked up robotech? If this was a franchise that is dying then why would an even bigger distributor than the one for TSC sign on board? This to me shows that things are afoot at HG for the better.

Remember TSC was made then a distributor sourced. So that was a confirmed complete product that was used to gain a distribution deal. Now HG dont have anything completed. (That we are aware of). Just a side sequel soon, SR in production, and LAM in development. Why would a distributor larger than the last sign on if there were nothing there.

Open ones eyes to smell the roses

85er Australia
DOL member
"The Shadow of the Robotech Masters has been allowed to rule this world for to long..........NOW IT MUST END!!!!!!"

Response 

magalord1  

Subject: Ok 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 12:23:45 AM

If I already have the Protoculture Collection from ADV, then why should I put out the money to get this one?

You're never too old to be a fan of Robotech

DOL member

Marshal of the Dark Fin
Wielder of the Tuna Of Infinite Fury

Darkness 24

Supporter of the RMC

Response 

Flock of These  

Subject: To the people complaining about milking 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 12:24:19 AM

I don't think the idea is to milk it. Its to keep the show in print. The last publisher isn't around anymore, so it was only a matter of time before a new release.

Response 

Buried Alien  

Subject: 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 12:34:06 AM

If I already have the Protoculture Collection from ADV, then why should I put out the money to get this one?

For me, the correction of those minor, but nevertheless irritating glitches (in the ROBOTECH MASTERS episodes) from the previous release of ROBOTECH: REMASTERED would be reason enough (in fact, it would be the *chief* reason), and those new bonuses *do* sound enticing.

But to be worthwhile, this latest edition would need to be completely glitch-free.

Response 

Flock of These  

Subject: A question 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 12:41:58 AM

Is this a remastered version of the original TV episodes, or the extended version from the Protoculture Collection that has the nudity and violence added back in? If its the original TV version then are the alternate versions of select episodes the versions from the Protoculture Collection?

Response 

ShadowVTForce  

Subject: 2 Questions.. 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 1:33:17 AM

Will it be available around Christmas and the will the movie supplementals have some Megazone 23 footage?

"Life without pain isn't real. Because I know the truth and the truth hurts." (Isamu Dyson, Macross Plus)

Response 

MEMO1DOMINION  

Subject: HMMMMM 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 1:42:09 AM

I STILL HAVE MY LEGACY. THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY KEPT ME FROM GETTING ANYTHING ELSE AFTER THAT.

CONSIDERING WHAT THE RE-MASTERS CAME OUT TO BE AND TO MANY COMPLAINTS I STUCK WITH THE LEGACY.

SO.......

WHO WILL BITE THE BULLET AND GET A REVIEW GOING? THE OFFER SOUNDS GOOD JUST THAT PEOPLE STILL REMEMBER THOSE BAD THINGS AFTER THE LEGACY.

IF IT DOESN'T EXIST.....HECK, BUILD IT.

I "THE GOOD AND TRUE", A SUPERMAN COMPLEX

L.A. ANIME EXPO-CON HERE I COME.
SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON HERE I COME

72ND AIRWING DRAGON SQUADRON
CPL. M."MEMO" DOMINION
DRAGON 9

Response 

brodie75  

Subject: I'm sorry but this is just insulting 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 2:14:35 AM

I'm sorry but this just insulting, stop releasing the same series over and over and put the effort into new episodes. What they suddenly found more unreleased content? If that's the case go direct download subscription let us buy the new content, but rereleasing the entire series again is just wrong. How much time and money was wasted doing this!, new stories, new movies keep fans, recycling does not. I'm happy to pay for "new" special features released from the original series but not the whole saga again.

25 Year's wow thats gone quick!

Response 

Rand  

Subject: Could you decide on a title? 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 8:21:15 AM

As it said on the cover of every issue of ROBOTECH MASTERS, it's actually ROBOTECH MASTERS, not "Southern Cross", "Robotech: The Masters Saga", or "Robotech: The Robotech Masters", but if you're going to change it (why) pick one.

get a job
The Bioroids have just begun to fight.

Response 

Kevin McKeever  

Subject: Questions and Answers 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 11:53:13 AM
Edited on: July 22, 2011 - 11:56:51 AM

No offense, but how many times can you guys squeeze blood from the same stone?

There is still a large demand for Robotech the original series on DVD. Many fans have never purchased the old ADV sets and constantly ask us where they can find the original series on DVD. With A&E as our new DVD partner for the original series we can fulfill that demand and reach alot more Robotech fans in the process.

I have a technical question about the release: will the defects from the ROBOTECH MASTERS portion of the previous ROBOTECH REMASTERED series release (e.g. fuzzy picture on menu, poorly synchronized sound on "Dana's Story" episode, and missing episode titles for some episodes) be corrected?

A&E is doing a full Quality Check of the DVD's. I will pass along your concerns (its a good one BTW) to A&E as they do thier QC.

There will be over 10 hours of bonus features much of which has never been on DVD before. A remastered Robotech: The Sentinels movie, Robotech Documentary, Robotech episodes with their orginal music mix (what is on the ADV DVD's is NOT what was orignally broadcast), Real footage from Robotech: The Movie and much more. That is just a partial list.

As I said before there are alot of Robotech fans who have not purchased the old ADV DVD's and are asking where they can buy it. With A&E as our new DVD partner is a great way to satisfy that demand.

Will it be available around Christmas and the will the movie supplementals have some Megazone 23 footage?

The DVD's have a release date of Oct. 18th! (why wait for Christmas!) The Robotech: The Movie clips does contains from the Southern Cross (and a few surprises to boot)

I'm sorry but this just insulting, stop releasing the same series over and over and put the effort into new episodes. What they suddenly found more unreleased content?

Harmony Gold has a new Robotech project into production. The A&E release takes nothing away from that but does strengthen the franchise by satisfying the demand from fans who want to purchase the original series on DVD.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

kev@robotech.com

Response 

jaesonk  

Subject: Looking forward to it! 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 12:35:07 PM

If you're happy with the DVD sets you have now, that's great. But not everyone has Robotech in their collection. And there are fans that will buy the new stuff, even if they have the old.

I'm looking forward to the new bundle.

Response 

aka_s2h  

Subject: Kevin 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 4:42:38 PM

I am wondering if you can confirm or deny that A&E would release future projects such as the yet to be named side sequel?

Or would you say "No comment" because of NDA type stuff that I dont understand, but do respect?

Not related to Kevin but in general to all the whiners, my logic says to me that Oct. 18 the original series gets released and then the side sequel gets released for XMAS built up from the hype of the Oct. 18 release

85er Australia
DOL member

Response 

Kevin McKeever  

Subject: Answers to question. 
Posted on: July 22, 2011 - 4:49:33 PM

I am wondering if you can confirm or deny that A&E would release future projects such as the yet to be named side sequel?

A&E has DVD rights to the original series only.

The new animated project currently has no distributor as it is still in production and is expected to be completed in late 2011 or early 2012.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

kev@robotech.com
Return to Message Index  |  Go to Page [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Report a problem

By using this Web site, you are agreeing to the Terms of Use.
Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Robotech.com

©1985-2012 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All rights reserved.