Robotech - The Official Headquarters of the Robotech Universe!
The Macross SagaThe Robotech MastersThe New GenerationThe Shadow Chroniclescoming soon
NEWS
COMMUNITY
INFOPEDIA
GALLERY
STORE
SEARCH

RDF MEMBER
JOIN NOW
Forgot your Password?

RT Soundtracks
New Tunes!

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles movie
On Blu-Ray & DVD

faqs
Community » Forums » Robotech Stuff » Discussion Thread » Page [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13

Topic Author

Discussion Topic

Kevin McKeever  

Subject: Toynami MPC Cyclone Megathread Pre-Order now up!!!! 
Started on: October 8, 2008 - 7:31:54 PM

Hello Everyone,

Im very pleased to announce that Masterpiece Cyclone Vol. 1 - Scott Bernard (1/10 scale) is now available for preorder on Robotech.com

This toy features:

- 1/10 scale
- 7.5 inch tall Scott Bernard figure
- Fabric undersuit
- 8.5 inches tall with Cyclone armor
- 2 removable heads
- Several removable hands
- Comes with 2 handheld weapons
- Comes with display stand
- New artwork by Tommy Yune

Shipping this December!

Pre-order your Cyclone here

GET THE TOY MOM NEVER BOUGHT YOU! (Or your kid brother broke)

Watch our for some other cool announcements in the coming weeks.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Your BankofKev since 1998.

kev@robotech.com
Return to Message Index Report a problem

Response 1 of 241 

robotechfr  

Subject: Toynami MPC Cyclone Megathread 
Posted on: October 9, 2008 - 4:55:14 AM

200$ for this Masterpiece????? OUuccchhhh

and what is justifying this price?

Bastien
http://www.robotechcollections.fr

Response 

robotechfr  

Subject: .. 
Posted on: October 9, 2008 - 11:41:30 AM

no, i am sure they will cancel all preorders...

Bastien

Response 

Drew!!!  

Subject: I agree... 
Posted on: October 9, 2008 - 12:01:43 PM

This price has gone too far epecially with the state of the economy. They used to wonder why it was so hard to sell these things... well this won't help! If I am going to pay this price I will have to wait to hear their are NO QC issues. The masterpiece run has a rep for that. Not only that but I still have yet to see a climb back to their original price for our first Masterpiece collectors Items. I bought the Macross set as both a collector and a fan. I continued with the NextGen series to continue the set. I was hurt with the 150 Beta but I decided I needed to complete the set. Now 200!!!! for the Cyclone. I am not even playing with these things. None of the toys now are valued (after purchase) at anywhere near their purchase price. Where is the incentive or value here???

You see we are dumb, but we are not so dumb.
It takes great thinking and work to keep from working! <Bill Cosby "Himself">

Response 

hpfabe  

Subject: One more thing 
Posted on: October 10, 2008 - 2:55:36 PM

Forgot to say, at $200, that means dropping $1000 for a complete set (presumably, if it is made) of Scott, Rand, Rook, Lancer, and then a shadow one for Sue Graham.

Response 

mtnpunk  

Subject: wow 
Posted on: October 10, 2008 - 6:30:25 PM
Edited on: October 10, 2008 - 6:37:57 PM

the price of $200 is totally ridiculous.

If I wanted to pay that much for a cyclone I'd put my $200 towards the amount needed to buy one of the REAL quality Gakken models from the 80's. At least those hold their value. The Toynami brand doesn't, if the VF's and Alphas are any indication of what we can expect for the Cyclones.

In my opinion these new Cyclons should be no more than $100 at the most. Ideally they would cost the same as the previous Masterpiece's did, about $75. I'd pay that for them.

"This is my BOOMSTICK!!" - Ash

"At my signal, unleash hell" - Maximus

"One shall stand, One shall fall" - Optimus Prime

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" - Khan

"Let them die!!" - Captain Kirk

Response 

Walou  

Subject: well ... for a Toy it's extremely expensive 
Posted on: October 10, 2008 - 11:16:42 PM

Looking at the $200 price tag, I think to an extent there is a market that will pay that amount. Im not a hardcore collector or anything but for a toy that's too much!

But I don't think the price is the only concern but also Toynami's reputation on the quality of the product. I recall 2 sue graham plane toys i bought for my cousin easily broke (hands)and the transformation was an issue and the Garland.

So this toy is a remake then? Im clueless.

whooosh

For Good Informative Robotech Pages, check out:

http://terrania.us/liberty/
www.rdfunderground.com

Response 

miniroll171  

Subject: Expensive! 
Posted on: October 11, 2008 - 1:00:03 AM

I have been a huge robotech fan for about 20 years and the cyclone has always been my favorite mecha and I have a well paid job, but i'm not sure I can justify spending that much on this model.

I've pre-ordered the Beta cause that looks amazing, but from the pictures from the web site I have to say the cyclone doesn't really look that good!

Maybe as it costs so much they should post a few more pictures of it to help us make our minds up. but it does seem a bit over priced!

Maybe the Beta pre order was a big success so they thought that us loyal robotech fans would pay whatever they charge, but I cant see many people paying that much for one figure unless we see some more photos that have that 'wow' factor!

Response 

Micronian Ace  

Subject: Not a Toynami toy 
Posted on: October 11, 2008 - 1:29:09 AM

So this toy is a remake then? Im clueless.

whooosh

Noooooooooooooo, it's a brand new toy, made by a company trying to make a reputation for itself as a high end toy maker/designer. It was completely computer designed and manufactured, something Toynami has not done for anything yet. This toy is completely modern, not a remake and not made by Toynami. The good news for all of you on the fence, I've preordered the Japanese version which comes out a month before this one (allegedly) so you can check out my review with tons of pics once it is released to help you make your decisions on how much it'd be worth to you.

Response 

Invidious  

Subject: Indeed.... 
Posted on: October 11, 2008 - 1:31:31 AM

Prohibitive cost has been Robotech's Achilles Heel since they started up this site. Remember back when $80 was "outrageous"? My Gakken Cyclone was stolen from me, so I do hope to one day recover a good one. As far as this new 1/10 scale one, it's almost as much as it's Gakken predecessor. I know that times, toys, wallets, and technology have come a long way, but SHEESH! I thought that $150 for the Beta was prohibitive! I guess if I really want to satisfy that need for a Cyclone, I'm going to have to sell organs! I'd go for one of the smaller scale ones, but from what I've seen, they are all crap. Why do Robotech toys have to keep being either crap, or too expensive? Where is the healthy medium that would make this line more friendly to consumers and fans? If I didn't know anything about Robotech and I came to this site to look in the store, I would have left and not given it a second thought. There ARE other retailers out there, and MAYBE one of them could shave a few bucks off this thing. I typically don't buy from the store here anyway unless there is a sale (Max and Miriya with armor!), mainly due to the COMPLETE LACK of customer service. The store here is an afterthought it seems, but at the same time, I can't help but feel mad and offended at this price, no matter how super deluxe masterpiece-ish it may seem. I think we need a break, not higher prices. Too bad this thing isn't at least the same size or bigger than the Gakken.

Response 

Rayzor  

Subject: I will pass on the cyclone 
Posted on: October 11, 2008 - 10:43:16 AM

200 dollars?? Based upon the pictures it does not look that great. Yeah Yeah we get a bunch of hands and 2 heads but $200? The only thing I like is the fabric undersuit for the rider. I was waiting on a $100-$125 price tag. There is a not to buy sign that pops into my head and it is not going away any time soon especially at $200 for something that looks OK.

Response 

Invidious  

Subject: Agreed.... 
Posted on: October 11, 2008 - 7:54:37 PM

Yeah, at first I was gung-ho about this toy, but then I came to my senses and cancelled my pre-order. It's just too expensive.

Response 

RyoFire  

Subject: WANT 
Posted on: October 11, 2008 - 8:54:57 PM

but at $200 my god I can't possibly excuse such a purpouse. WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

Sergeant Ryo Fire
SVFA-88 Cobra Squadron
Cobra 014 - Callsign: Three-Six
Fighter: VF-2SS Name: Nightmare Princess

Response 

Drew!!!  

Subject: Video Quote! 
Posted on: October 12, 2008 - 12:07:35 AM

I remember watching the video for these things that has been advertised on this site for quite some time and even in that video they were thinking the price would be around the 150 mark like the Beta. Frankly if they had kept the price there I might still be interested and not so outraged. I feel like a junky who got his first hit and now that I am hooked they jack up the price. Well thanks but no thanks I think you just cured me of my addiction. No More Robotech Masterpiece for me. I am kicking the habbit!

You see we are dumb, but we are not so dumb.
It takes great thinking and work to keep from working! <Bill Cosby "Himself">

Response 

whamhammer  

Subject: uhhhhhhhhhhhhh duh??????? 
Posted on: October 12, 2008 - 1:35:19 PM

........ This Cyclone has price poiunted itself right outta my vision. For 200 smackers it'd better tune up my car and show up to work and do my work for me!!!! The Betas are at least a real novelty.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Dacschund Squadron Leader (Weinnie One)
"D.O.L. -- The hizzeat on repeat!"

Leader of "Disciples Of the Mother (Sammie) And Daughter (Annie)" = D.O.M.A.D.

I
WANT
MY
BETA!!!!!!!

Response 

Odyn  

Subject: wow 
Posted on: October 12, 2008 - 1:41:14 PM

Wow ok really double wow. One for the item one for the price. ...yea little hard get a beta and this one. Funds are limited for fun things like this. Looks great however!

Always outnumbered, never outgunned!

Response 

robotechfr  

Subject: question... 
Posted on: October 13, 2008 - 3:45:06 PM

Kevin, this MPC is not limited ?

Bastien

Response 

litodgr8  

Subject: yup! 
Posted on: October 14, 2008 - 7:51:05 AM

apparently, toynami states it is a foot tall, while the site claims 8.75" with cyclone armor.

maybe it it was a foot tall, might justify $200.00.

maybe.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

George Orwell

ex-soldier of misfortune, now a full time bearer of bad news, part time @$$#*//&!!! and all-around nice guy!!!

Response 

robotechfr  

Subject: another question... 
Posted on: October 16, 2008 - 2:34:38 PM

I just saw that the tires are smooth on the picture on RT.com, is it an error ?

Bastien

Response 

Steve Yun  

Subject: Reminder about commercial info in posts 
Posted on: October 17, 2008 - 12:12:49 AM
Edited on: October 17, 2008 - 12:13:21 AM

Guys, I have to remind everyone that we don't allow posts with commercial info in them. This includes posts with info about other online stores, companies, etc. Sorry, but I had to delete some posts for this reason.

If you need a refresher on the posting guidelines, click here:
Return to Message Index  |  Go to Page [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Report a problem

By using this Web site, you are agreeing to the Terms of Use.
Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Robotech.com

©1985-2012 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All rights reserved.