Robotech - The Official Headquarters of the Robotech Universe!
The Macross SagaThe Robotech MastersThe New GenerationThe Shadow Chroniclescoming soon
NEWS
COMMUNITY
INFOPEDIA
GALLERY
STORE
SEARCH

RDF MEMBER
JOIN NOW
Forgot your Password?

RT Soundtracks
New Tunes!

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles movie
On Blu-Ray & DVD

faqs
Community » Forums » Robotech Production » Discussion Thread » Page [1] 2 3 4

Topic Author

Discussion Topic

Kevin McKeever  

Subject: Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles Wins Best Animated Feature!!! 
Started on: September 22, 2006 - 6:21:32 PM

‘Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles’ Wins Best Animated Sci-Fi Feature at the 2006 International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival !

The International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival and Harmony Gold are pleased to announce that the new feature-length animated film Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles won the Best Animated Sci-Fi Feature Award at the 2006 International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival! The award will be presented at 11 a.m. on October 28 in Phoenix, AZ.

After the screening join Shadow Chronicles director Tommy Yune for a Q & A session with raffle of Robotech prizes for fans in attendance.

Additional information about the 2006 International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival can be found here - and the festival website is here.

http://www.horrorscifi.com/indexA.html

A full press release from Funimation will be forthcoming.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Your BankofKev since 1998.

kev@robotech.com
Return to Message Index Report a problem

Response 1 of 73 

Untitled  

Subject: Cool. 
Posted on: September 22, 2006 - 6:38:44 PM

That's terrific. That's something that can go into the marketing campaign, right? That can only help.

New to RT.com? Visit the NEWBIE LOUNGE in the Small Talk forum.

The Sneaky Trickster of the Dark Fin, Bearer of the Mischievous Tuna of Loki

Response 

Kevin McKeever  

Subject: Untitled 
Posted on: September 22, 2006 - 6:47:13 PM

Yes this is a BIG win for The Shadow Chronicles and Robotech as whole! This is a big boost to our theatrical and DVD marketing push with Funimation.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

kev@robotech.com

Response 

nesonjacc  

Subject: Are you kidding me? 
Posted on: September 22, 2006 - 7:14:54 PM
Edited on: September 22, 2006 - 7:22:34 PM

Why is this BIG?

SCI-FI FEATURES

Firefly
Directed By Pete Marcy

Pulp Fiction Art: Cheap Thrills and Painted Nightmares
Directed By Jamie McDonald

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles
Directed By Tommy Yune and Dong-Wook Lee(who is Dong Wook Lee?)

The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising
Directed By Matthew R. Vancil
---------------------------------------------------
If this is the competition - Lets see how many animated there -and how many ANIME. Lol -do the damn maths
Hm -Why the hell this is a SCI-FI festival.( it has only 4 sci fi movies the rest is horror and shorts )You guys couldnt find a real festival?
Out of 4 features 3 are awarder - how interesting.
I was searching for these titles and other features on GOOGLE -and almost didnt find them(lol)

Damn damn damn -It seems RTSC is bad after all.

Response 

Untitled  

Subject: nesonjacc 
Posted on: September 22, 2006 - 7:22:12 PM

You know, if you're negative about absolutely everything, you kinda lose credibility.

So what of the competition wasn't Citizen Kane? TSC won. If it had lost, then I'd be worried. Besides, have you actually seen the other three? And how much animated sci-fi is released each year in the U.S. anyway?

Response 

nesonjacc  

Subject: Heheeeee 
Posted on: September 22, 2006 - 7:24:22 PM
Edited on: September 22, 2006 - 7:33:45 PM

Well as the competition is RTSC itself( as animated) -no wonder it won.
Is that the reason to say -wow this is big?Ime the king of the world - Shouldnt RT aim for something way bigger?
I am not negative-Just realistic -All this is so Funny
But it is coool someone remembers we egsist -once in a while( Right Kev?) - and comes to entertain us.
Damn why didnt i remember to apply for showing my ROBOTECH GENESIS( footage we have up to now) -as a SCI-FI shorts - I could have beat them to the price

Response 

nesonjacc  

Subject: Oh i am worried 
Posted on: September 22, 2006 - 7:51:02 PM
Edited on: September 22, 2006 - 7:59:02 PM

Oh -and Im already worried. AS they won a major victory over themselves( that is a way to start)
Who cares what are the other movies in SCI-FI category are, they are not animated.( and i checked them anyway - alli can say is OUCH lowsy year for sci fi)
As time goes this keeps getting more enterteining.

But that sure could do for the campaign -If you make an anouncement like that with the BIG BIG people dont have much time to think
But you dont have to give them a link with the festivals site - If someone actually looks( like i did) - Ouch
Oh -sorry if i ruined the BIG effect this should have had

Keep it up guys

Response 

jasonc  

Subject: It's great news... 
Posted on: September 22, 2006 - 8:25:03 PM

And how many people would care to know who the others were anyways??? It's an award, and award they deserve, and one that I hope boost the buying power of RTSC.

And nesonjacc, I know you're trying to be funny in your negativity, but it's really old already. Not everything needs to have a negative conotation with it. Life does get better, and there is more to it than complaining about awards a film wins.

Response 

Untitled  

Subject: As someone who's competed in contests ... 
Posted on: September 22, 2006 - 8:26:39 PM

... of a different sort, there's no guarantee of victory when there are no other entrants. In fact, in some contests with multiple entrants the jury will decide no one is worthy. Would it have been harder to win if RT was up against a Hollywood production? Of course. But the festival wouldn't even give the award if no one was worthy.

Be serious here, nesonjacc. I've been known to question HG myself, but you can't just lambaste every single thing they do. You just appear to be trying to stir up discord. If you've got nothing better to do than spew vitriol all over the production forums, you're not adding anything to the debate.

Response 

nesonjacc  

Subject: It is kinda funny 
Posted on: September 22, 2006 - 8:42:40 PM

Ok ok. What are you all fuzzing about. It is sometimes good to have someone who is able to look beyond the perspective of a fan -and be real. Guys utnil a few motnhs ago i suported their actions as well. But then i started to do a little research. And i dont like what i see so far.

But youre right - and il try to keep my negative aditude at bay, and anyway we are all watchers here, so we will se how thinkgs will turn out.

Response 

nesonjacc  

Subject: It is kinda funny 
Posted on: September 22, 2006 - 8:45:14 PM
Edited on: September 22, 2006 - 8:49:40 PM

Ok ok. What are you all fuzzing about. It is sometimes good to have someone who is able to look beyond the perspective of a fan -and be real. Guys utnil a few motnhs ago i suported their actions as well. But then i started to do a little research. And i dont like what i see so far.

But youre right - and il try to keep my negative aditude at bay, and anyway we are all watchers here, so we will se how thinkgs will turn out.

PS
Oh and -my city happens to host a movie festival( but this one is ACTORS festival,) -and you would be suprised how often ( in a bad competiotion terms) the ones not worhty get the awards. As they are anual awards ans someone must get them.
Also the footage i see in RTSC trailers ( is quite bad) and goes into favor of my conclusion

Response 

MEMO1DOMINION  

Posted on: September 23, 2006 - 1:36:45 AM
Edited on: September 23, 2006 - 1:38:17 AM

Damn why didnt i remember to apply for showing my ROBOTECH GENESIS( footage we have up to now) -as a SCI-FI shorts - I could have beat them to the price

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH SOME..BASHING HG AND TRYING TO DRUM UP YOUR FAN PROJECT AS AN ALTERNATIVE AT THE SAME TIME..

WONT GET YOU NOWHERE.

DON'T LET YOUR PROJECT GET THE SOUR NOTE BY SAYING "MINE IS BETTER THAN YOURS", AND HAVE PEOPLE JUST TURN AROUND DROPING EVERYTHING HERE FOR IT.

NICE PROJECT YOU GUYS HAVE...WAY UP THERE FOR A FANDOM MOVIE.. BUT HATE FOR PEOPLE TO WASH IT DOWN IF HG TSC TAKES OF WITH THE NEW MOVIE AND FOLLOWED WITH THE SERIES OR DIRECT TO DVD RIGHT AFTER.

IF YOU WANT "YOUR" PROJECT TO GET THE BIG PICTURE...YOU MIGHT JUST NEED A LITTLE "RIGHT'S" LEVERAGE FROM HG. AND BUILD BRIDGES WITH THEM.

HOW YOU GOING AGAINST THEM JUST MIGHT NOT WORK. AND SOME FANS STARTING TO NOTICE... DON'T PUSH AWAY THE FANBASE SUPPORT EITHER.

IF IT DOESN'T EXIST.....HECK, BUILD IT.

I "THE GOOD AND TRUE", A SUPERMAN COMPLEX

L.A. ANIME EXPO-CON HERE I COME.
SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON HERE I COME

72ND AIRWING DRAGON SQUADRON
CPL. M."MEMO" DOMINION
DRAGON 9

Response 

nesonjacc  

Subject: Hehe 
Posted on: September 23, 2006 - 3:41:37 AM
Edited on: September 23, 2006 - 3:45:23 AM

Dont worry Memo i was just kidding( i kinda like doing that - and i am sure you all noticed that by now)
And trust me - i have no intention of pushin anything to the big screen( especialy when the situation with RT is bad as it is) - sad but true

Therefore i am just expressing my honest opinion. I have no intentions of doing anything - it is just how i feel
Actualy you will all soon find out what is on my mind - An anouncement is in preparation.

Cheers

Response 

jhotten720  

Posted on: September 23, 2006 - 3:58:57 PM

why even bother being a robotech fan, your only negative and if you are a fan why would you bash something you have a passion for anyway. did you even see RTSC yet? i did and it was fantastic. if you dont have anything positive to say why bother saying it at all.

Response 

oomarty7  

Subject: Robotech bites 
Posted on: September 23, 2006 - 4:10:29 PM

It's hard not to be negative when Robotech stinks so much, long live Sailor Moon!!!!!

Just kidding, I used to wake up every morning early before school to watch Robotech and then watched it again after school. I can wait a while longer for TSC, it's already been 21 years of waiting, what's another few months???

Response 

nesonjacc  

Subject: You are soo wrong 
Posted on: September 23, 2006 - 4:29:24 PM
Edited on: September 23, 2006 - 4:33:46 PM

Who says i bash something i have a passion for? -does any of my posts says anything bad about robotech? -or have i stated i have a passion for HG?-
And if we all just folow the HGs point of view why do we talk at all? -they can say it themelves
So it is ours to let them know our opinion.( even if it is negative-and it mostly is now-it is not just me))
It is ours to point at the certain mistakes they make.( not just COOL GUYS YOU KILLED ROBOTECH AND WE WILL SUPORT YOU UNTILL OUR DEATH) - excuse me but when somebody handless that bad the thing i have a passion for( Robotech) -hell yeas i will be pissed.

Did you even take a look at the WEBSITE of that festival?
Or better -take a look at this

http://robotechnews.blogspot.com/

Especially the comments -See i am not the only one who sees the real thing here -And not just looking through FAN eyes
( will you jump from a roof of a skyscraper if HG tells you?)
You know if the point of this forum is to have only posts of type : COOL GUYS, WOW I LIKE IT, I CANT WAIT FOR IT, THIS LOOKS GREAT, GOOD MOVE TO DELAY........ You can have only HG employes to post here.

Response 

rush of blood to the head  

Subject: um 
Posted on: September 23, 2006 - 7:42:35 PM

i thought shadow chronciles was the first anime/ scifi film of this year??????
sci-fi is dead

Response 

MedMapGuy  

Subject: Judge-mental 
Posted on: September 23, 2006 - 10:16:45 PM

I understand where nesonjacc is going these past few weeks, but I find it a little insensitive for people to say that HG is a great company just because they got to see the movie in advance.

A lot of us don't intend to go to the filmfests! Yet HG acts all hush-hush about everything. Of course people will start to feel negative about a company that acts that way!

C'mon, after months of nothing news-worthy to report, we get this award annoucement. Ok, fine. But what else? Why doesn't HG divulge the real lowdown in the filmfests? A new trailer?

We still have nothing - and this is why many folks are quite negative about the situation. Don't judge us so quickly, please. We haven't seen a single decent footage since the teasers. And 5 seconds from Kickstart.

Response 

Untitled  

Subject: ... 
Posted on: September 23, 2006 - 10:24:03 PM

if we all just folow the HGs point of view why do we talk at all?

Are you kidding? I've been severely critical of the way HG handles things in certain instances, and jasonc and MEMO aren't pushovers, either, commanders or not. It's just that when certain people start attacking everything HG says, without exception, then you lose all credibility. You just become the guy who hates HG.

Whatever your game is, nesonjacc, you're achieving exactly the opposite. You're making me sympathize with HG, because your attacks are unfair and unreasonable. Take a lesson from Darkwater, since you're referring people to his site, and learn when to let up, OK?

Response 

Kevin McKeever  

Subject: MedMapGuy... 
Posted on: September 23, 2006 - 11:44:09 PM
Edited on: September 23, 2006 - 11:45:06 PM

Why doesn't HG divulge the real lowdown in the filmfests?

Well we did...

Here is our advance article on the NYKFF -

Here is our coverage of the NYKFF -

Here is what fans thought of the film at the NYKFF -

(The reviews of the film at the NYKFF start about 10 posts down.)

Thats pretty much the real lowdown...

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

kev@robotech.com
Return to Message Index  |  Go to Page [1] 2 3 4 Report a problem

By using this Web site, you are agreeing to the Terms of Use.
Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Robotech.com

©1985-2012 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. All rights reserved.